#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
  • What games would you like to see get a quick look throwback? 

Heres a few I would love to see one 

Conkers Bad Fur Day - N64
  • Superman 64 - N64
  • The Simpsons Wrestling - PS1
#2 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

There are a lot of old games that I'd love to see Quick Look Throwbacks of.  I kind of wish that they could do them on a more regular basis.

#3 Posted by Zealousadonis (132 posts) -

24: The Game - PS2

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (12411 posts) -
#5 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Hizang said:
"

• Superman 64 - N64
"
.. why such random games? They usually do a throwback to tie into something. Well, apart from Incredible Crisis.

And why the N64 Superman? We all know its bad, just watching Jeff or someone trying to play it would be boring.
#6 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" Daikatana would be an obvious choice. "
PC, or N64 version?

Why did they make an N64 version of Daikatana?
#7 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Banjo-Kazooie!
#8 Posted by animathias (1194 posts) -
#9 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -

Give some attention to the sleeper hit MediEvil for the PSOne (1998) for a Quick Look Throwback.

A classic game done right
#10 Posted by BeachThunder (12411 posts) -
#11 Posted by smitty86 (695 posts) -
@Hizang said:

"

• Superman 64 - N64
"
Nobody, and I mean nobody, should ever play The Simpsons Wrestling game. Even as a massive Simpsons fan, I will say that game is an abomination. Not even funny, just shitty.
#12 Posted by blackbird415 (778 posts) -
@shadowknight508 said:
" Give some attention to the sleeper hit MediEvil for the PSOne (1998) for a Quick Look Throwback.

A classic game done right
"
HOLY SHIT YES!!!! Its a childhood favorite game of mine
#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I so hope they read this, CDI sounds like a great idea, also I don't think watching Jeff play Superman 64 would be boring, and it would tie in to the Superman movie
#14 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@BeachThunder:  The answer to that question is simple.

John Romero's lustrous hair had taken root in his brain and controlled him like a vile puppet master.
#15 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
#16 Posted by BeachThunder (12411 posts) -
@Hailinel: That would actually be an interesting premise for a game :o

It could be Dyekatana...like hair dye...uh...no...nevermind :(
#17 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

The only real answer to a throwback is Grim Fandango.

#18 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@slightconfuse:
There ok, but they are nowhere near as funny as it woud be if Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, Brad played these games
#19 Posted by smitty86 (695 posts) -
@slightconfuse: Thank you for this. I am now watching four men play WWF No Mercy at 1:30 in the morning. Again, thank you.
#20 Edited by Nes (208 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

" @BeachThunder:  The answer to that question is simple.  John Romero's lustrous hair had taken root in his brain and controlled him like a vile puppet master. "

No wonder he cut it off.
#21 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@smitty86 said:
" @Hizang said:

"

• Superman 64 - N64
"
Nobody, and I mean nobody, should ever play The Simpsons Wrestling game. Even as a massive Simpsons fan, I will say that game is an abomination. Not even funny, just shitty. "
agreed
#22 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -
@smitty86:  But it had CRAZY APU. It was great.
#23 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Bushido Blade.

#24 Posted by ejiehi (123 posts) -

Didn't Ryan at some point get a copy of "Michigan: Report from Hell"? I would absolutely love to watch the guys try to play this.

#25 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@keyhunter:
This!
#26 Edited by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

While the Giant Bomb guys don't seem too thrilled about the Nintendo 64, I would love to see them fight their way through Blast Corps if that was possible. Seeing commentary on a bitch of a level like Diamond Sands has some great potential. And that fucking dumptruck, Backlash.

#27 Posted by allenibrahim (374 posts) -
 This.
#28 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Super Smash Bros Melee. 

Fucking LOVED that game.

#29 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

Id love them to do an endurance run of grim fandango.

#30 Posted by Cerberus3Dog (399 posts) -

This thread just made me think that QLTs could totally become the new Broken Pixels. Except without Seanbaby which would suck. I would personally like to see last generation games turned into Throwbacks; Geist, Killer7, Beyond Good & Evil, Eternal Darkness, etc.

#31 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -
@Cerberus3Dog: Killer7 would be awesome. That was a weird game in every aspect of it, but I liked it. The ending was especially fun if you didn't think too hard about it. That one blind Smith reloaded with his feet. Heh.
#32 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1821 posts) -

Why is it that most people seem to only want the GiantBomb crew to do Throwbacks of bad games?  I would much rather see them play quirky, obsucre, or just plain good games from the past than beat the dead horse that is Superman 64, the CDi, or Daikatana some more. 

That being said, I would love to hear the guy's thoughts on some of the older survival horror games, like Resident Evil 1-3, Silent Hill, and maybe a Clocktower or two. And of course, anything that spreads the gospel of System Shock 2 to the masses is okay by me.

#33 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@Cerberus3Dog said:
"This thread just made me think that QLTs could totally become the new Broken Pixels. Except without Seanbaby which would suck. I would personally like to see last generation games turned into Throwbacks; Geist, Killer7, Beyond Good & Evil, Eternal Darkness, etc. "

Yea I'd love some last generation games, Simpsons Road Rage, Timesplitters 2, Mario Party 4 please
#34 Posted by crunchmonkey (259 posts) -

Splinter Cell. 

Who turned out the lights?
#35 Posted by BBQBram (2291 posts) -
#36 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@CptChiken said:
" Id love them to do an endurance run of grim fandango. "
Yes ;;
#37 Posted by plague102 (129 posts) -

the tex murphy games or like day of the tentacle

#38 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1877 posts) -

Maybe the X-Men legends games. they were pretty good, even if you weren't an X-Men fan.

#39 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Endurance Run Throwback: Incredible Crisis. That or a Quick Look Throwback of Seaman.

#40 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

How did I not post in this before? There are tons of games I'd like them to do old school Quick Looks of, but I'll limit it to the obscure stuff and just recommend any Cho Aniki game, simply because their reactions would be hilarious/horrifying.

#41 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -