Quicklooks no longer posted to YouTube?

M4EOzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I noticed that the YouTube channel hasn't been updated with the Aliens:CM Quicklook, and that the video shows YouTube as Member's Only. Is this actually the case? If so, that's extremely disappointing. I'd love to subscribe to the site, but budgets being the way they are, can't make it happen. Being able to watch Giantbomb videos anywhere on any device thanks to YouTube was my #1 way of consuming GB content. If that's all gated now...well, there goes pretty much all of my interaction with GB, outside the Bombcast. Shame.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Doesn't putting them on Youtube benefit them by saving them money on bandwidth costs anyway?

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you know it's still there just go to youtube

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd like to know about this as well. I do watch a lot of stuff from the site using the YouTube app on my phone.

That may end though, as it seems that by going to the site on my phone I get a more mobile friendly version rather than the desktop site like I used to. Thought that was a subscriber-only feature, but I guess it's not anymore? Admittedly, I don't keep up with the goings-on behind the scenes of the site itself as much as I should or could. Heh.

TestamentUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TestamentUK

I tried viewing the youtube video (here on the site) earlier and it came up with a message saying 'This video has been removed because it is too long.' I guess it was uploaded but has since been removed by a bot.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@m4eozzy

said:

So I noticed that the YouTube channel hasn't been updated with the Aliens:CM Quicklook, and that the video shows YouTube as Member's Only.Is this actually the case?If so, that's extremely disappointing.I'd love to subscribe to the site, but budgets being the way they are, can't make it happen.Being able to watch Giantbomb videos anywhere on any device thanks to YouTube was my #1 way of consuming GB content.If that's all gated now...well, there goes pretty much all of my interaction with GB, outside the Bombcast.Shame.

Take into account the new site launch. The long video (Youtube doesnt like long videos) and that the guys are most likely more worried about working out bugs.

There is a whole ton of reasons that a video is no on youtube. Dont assume just because one video is wonky that its all members only now.

Edit.

I got like 4 Internal errors just trying to refresh this page. So ya site is still kindy janky.

M4EOzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By M4EOzzy

That's certainly fair. Mainly what prompted my questioning was that when selecting video types from the main site, when you mouse over the YouTube option, it shows Members Only. Had it just been the video not being posted yet, I would have chalked it up to relaunch issues. I guess we'll see.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DaMisterChief

THEY JUST LAUNCHed A NEW SITE

patience

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points