#1 Posted by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

In this time of loss laughter can truly be the best medicine, and what better way to laugh than one of SyFy's awful direct to television "movies" that truly embrace the dumb.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Sharknado.

In addition to that wonderful trailer I also give you a couple of glowing (probably because the people writing them were born in Chernobyl) reviews from the NY Daily News and the LA Times. If you can't wait to see what massive stars will be gracing the shit brown screen here is the IMDB page.

So. Sharknado. I'll be watching it. Will you? Check your local listings and get in on the fun. I think.

#2 Posted by ExiledAstronaut (115 posts) -

I've never seen any of these sorts of movies, but after that trailer I'm totally gonna watch it tonight

#3 Edited by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

I've never seen any of these sorts of movies, but after that trailer I'm totally gonna watch it tonight

Dude, go watch Sharktopus. It's equally dumb.

I don't know how they do it, but it's unbelievable. That Battlestar money seems to have gone a long way.

#4 Posted by Clonedzero (4095 posts) -

He cut that shark in half with a chainsaw!!!

Ok im sold!

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Who the hell signs off on this stuff? Is the Sci-Fi head guy just a massive troll?

#6 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

It's good to know that even when flying through the air, sharks still maintain their predatory instincts.

food>breathing

#7 Posted by Aetheldod (3515 posts) -

Oh dear god D:!!!!! This is so dumb!!!!! Too bad I dont have syfy tho :/

#8 Posted by Capum15 (4823 posts) -

I saw that thumbnail or whatever you call the picture before you press play, and just immediately broke into laughter. Oh god, what the hell.

#9 Edited by Wampa1 (627 posts) -

I sort of hate how self-aware these things have become now. I preferred it when syfy seemed to really believe these were decent b-movies. Mansquito anyone?

#10 Posted by believer258 (11682 posts) -

Can you say "chainsaw shark chopping" five times fast?

I don't have cable but if I did, there would be very little in this world that would cause me to miss this. I generally don't like "so bad it's good", but this is exceptional.

#11 Edited by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

Who the hell signs off on this stuff? Is the Sci-Fi head guy just a massive troll?

Best executive ever. Amirite or amirite?

The fact that things like this get made, constantly, is a blessing on our very lives.

He cut that shark in half with a chainsaw!!!

Ok im sold!

I KNOW!

#12 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Sounds like the perfect movie for my dad. He always loves those terrible SyFy original movies.

#13 Posted by kipperminge (12 posts) -

That is amazing! I need to find this in the UK.

#14 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -

I thought I seen it all, but apparently I haven't. This goes beyond stupid, this is a new type of stupid. You know what I'm out..

#15 Posted by Village_Guy (2507 posts) -

I guess you could say that they... jumped the shark!

#16 Posted by cloudymusic (1063 posts) -

Can it really top Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus?

#17 Edited by davab0202 (15 posts) -

Oh god, I am gonna have nightmares after this.

#18 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -

@keres said:

Yo that shark had mad skill LMAO!

#19 Edited by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

I thought, before watching the trailer, "Okay, the name is insanely funny, but there's no way that this could live up to it"... I was so wrong. Holy shit, that was the best trailer. Now I have to watch this movie. Bless you, SyFy, for embracing the dumb like nobody else can.

#20 Posted by EXTomar (4524 posts) -

I sense a very fun SyFy movie thread coming. There are combinations that they have not come up yet...right?

#21 Edited by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

Here's Mansquito for those of you interested in that as well. It's more cringe worthy than funny just because of how serious it takes itself. It's as if they were expecting Oscar's.

@extomar said:

I sense a very fun SyFy movie thread coming. There are combinations that they have not come up yet...right?

Well, so long as it has sharks it's fine. It's SyFy. It pretty much has to have sharks now. Like a Jurassic Park movie where the dinosaurs have shark heads instead of their actual heads... wait...

I'm. A. Fucking. GENIUS!

EDIT: AND AND AND THEY CAN CALL IT JURASSIC SHARK! Oh my God!

#22 Posted by TyCobb (1948 posts) -

God dammit! Why did I cancel my dish subscription!? Tell me this is already on DVD somewhere. It needs my money and I need to see this film.

#23 Posted by VirtuaGrant (52 posts) -

That guy who says 'It's time to leave Kansas, mate' at 0:52 looks like future Channing Tatum if his career bottoms out and after a 10 year coke habit.

Also if anyone is interested in another 'classic'...Super Shark Attack.

#24 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5272 posts) -

No thank you.

#25 Posted by rentfn (1278 posts) -

I'm going to watch it but it seems like they are trying a little too hard to be awful. I think Sharktopus will be the best out of the awful movies.

#26 Edited by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

Also anybody remember this one. Sad thing is that it was a major Hollywood movie, and it was just as bad as some of these SciFi/SyFy movies. I give you Deep Blue Sea.

No thank you.

Boy, aren't you just the Dr. Kevorkian of fun.

#27 Edited by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

Movies that are bad on purpose don't count.

#28 Edited by ExiledAstronaut (115 posts) -

@aiurflux: Holy shit... Jurassic Shark is a great name! That has to have already been used for something dumb right? Right?...

#29 Posted by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

@aiurflux: Holy shit... Jurassic Shark is a great name! That has to have already been used for something dumb right? Right?...

Just looked it up. Of course it's used. Of course it stinks. Of course it's just about a giant shark instead of going totally apeshit with the creativity.

And this thread is now a kind of shark week. I guess. Needs more Transmorphers though.

#30 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

It's so incredibly fucking dumb that it just transcends the abilities of the human mind to understand the greatness that is...Sharknado!

#31 Edited by Abendlaender (2768 posts) -

@keres said:

I own that movie on DVD, it was a double feature with Transmorphers. It is not good. This si seriously the only really "so bad it's good" scene, the rest is just "so bad it's really, really bad"

Also is "x+tornado" a formula now? I remember seeing trailers for "Ghost Tornado" and "Alien Tornado"

#32 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2314 posts) -

Still doesn't hold a candle to their masterpiece, Atlantic Rim.

#33 Posted by ProfessorK (819 posts) -

Hey man, Ralph Garman might have a thing or two to say about Sharktopus

#34 Posted by Dalai (7002 posts) -

It's really more of a sharkicane. Don't these guys watch the Weather Channel?