• 51 results
MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MaxOpower

I dont know where to start, this might come off weird and maybe even offensives to some (Hopefully not though).

But why are there no blacks and jews in game makeing? (yeah that sentence probably didn't help) I love Giantbomb, I love all the industry coverage, the developer interviews, the long E3 podcasts. I feel like I'm stating to know somethings about development, but also the developers themselves.Is it just me, or does game development lack racial diversity? Compered to other entertainment industries, game development seems to be very........ well.... white.

And so does the games themselves too. I can name Johnny "the Jew" Klebitz from GTA The Lost and Damned. But that is it.... (This is a whole different thing for itself though)

Sooo where is all the jews and the black people at?

(Also this is alllll cool, Im like 1/32 part jew, soooo...)

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#2  Edited By Kidavenger

How would you know if someone was jewish or not?

That video from EA about all their extra sensitive employees had a black guy (he was actually the only one in that video that seemed cool and didn't make me want to jam a fork in my eye).

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By IAmNotBatman

@Kidavenger: People don't let you examine their genitals when meeting them?

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Because everyone that makes video games is a racist.

@Kidavenger said:

That video from EA about all their extra sensitive employees had a black guy (he was actually the only one in that video that seemed cool and didn't make me want to jam a fork in my eye).

Where can I see this video?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JoeyRavn

@MaxOpower: I think the word you're looking for is "ethnicity", not "race". And Jews are not a race.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Animasta

the movie industry is a lot bigger, plus the movie industry is mad racist ANYWAY so...

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MaxOpower

@Kidavenger: How would you know if someone was jewish or not?

Well the name. And Im trying to not sound too much like a Nazi now. But also the way they speak, the humor, and the nose of course.....

And again not trying to be offensive here, but Hollywood is full of jews. And I like it.I love Woddy Allen, Larry David, Mel brooks and the Coen brothers to name some obvious few. Most of my favorite comedians and directors are Jewish. And I just wonder why none of them (Not those people in specific )are making games.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#8  Edited By Kidavenger

@PeasantAbuse:

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RazielCuts

I love threads like this, baseless assumptions without any evidence. For one example of racial diversity I'd point to the beginning of every Assassins Creed game that says something along the lines of 'our team is made of up multicultural people, races and creeds.'

'Blacks and Jews' totally politically correct terminology btw, I can already smell the American off you.

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MaxOpower

@JoeyRavn: So true, much better word. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gabriel

@RazielCuts said:

I love threads like this, baseless assumptions without any evidence. For one example of racial diversity I'd point to the beginning of every Assassins Creed game that says something along the lines of 'our team is made of up multicultural people, races and creeds.'

'Blacks and Jews' totally politically correct terminology btw, I can already smell the American off you.

I'm dying to know what the politically correct term for Jew is.

Edit. Never mind read you post wrong.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@RazielCuts said:

Yeah, I don't get why Americans use this site.

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MaxOpower

@RazielCuts:

Well I wouldn't say Im assuming anything, I'm just asking. And yes I do remember that line from Assassins Creed, I even read i earlier today. And Im sure the teams themself are plenty divers. What Im getting at, is that we rarely see an African american (Better?) on stage at E3 giving a demo of "his" game. Or a quick look EX guided by a Bernstein, or something.

At least not compered to how many jews actors and directors, and African american musicians we see.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@PeasantAbuse said:

@RazielCuts said:

Yeah, I don't get why Americans use this site.

Seriously they should go back to site run by someone of their low birth, mirite?

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheHumanDove

Cool non-issue

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JoeyRavn

Bobby Kotick is Jewish. The CEO, President and Co-Founder of Blizzard is also Jewish, but his name escapes me right now. Look it up.

So, yeah. Dig deeper. Also...

@TheHumanDove said:

Cool non-issue

This.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By cookiemonster

Woooo assumptions.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RazielCuts

@PeasantAbuse: @MariachiMacabre: It was just that his 'American' was showing by baselessly presuming there was no cultural diversity within the games industry.

Like when I've heard some of the GiantBomb folk say things like 'Where was it made ?' 'Oh somewhere in Europe' as if its all the same country, that because its not America its therefore out your grasp to know where any other country is; or that Sweden, Finland and Switzerland are all interchangeable because they're all 'in that general direction', it just shows ignorance that American's seem possess quite a lot.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hughesman

Groups are called minorities for a reason. if there are less of a certain type of person then it stands to reason... nah you know what @rebgav said:

@MaxOpower said:

Sooo where is all the jews and the black people at?

(Also this is alllll cool, Im like 1/32 part jew, soooo...)

They're all busy being lawyers and basketball players.

yeah

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MaxOpower

@RazielCuts: Haha, Im not even american. Im Danish, from Denmark. And I would say that it is the reason I might seem ignorant. (Because I am) I know nothing about ethnic diversity, here in Denmark we are all white.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RazielCuts

@MaxOpower: Ha damn, you fucked up my whole rant now! :P

I dunno to me this is akin to, 'why aren't there more women in the video game industry?' It's like just because you don't see them on screen front and centre doesn't mean they're not there doing stuff behind the scenes in integral roles. Although with the ladies sometimes they are there front and centre in front of camera for all the wrong reasons.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@RazielCuts said:

@PeasantAbuse: @MariachiMacabre: It was just that his 'American' was showing by baselessly presuming there was no cultural diversity within the games industry.

Like when I've heard some of the GiantBomb folk say things like 'Where was it made ?' 'Oh somewhere in Europe' as if its all the same country, that because its not America its therefore out your grasp to know where any other country is; or that Sweden, Finland and Switzerland are all interchangeable because they're all 'in that general direction', it just shows ignorance that American's seem possess quite a lot.

Your xenophobic prick is showing by assuming that just because a person is American and doesn't remember the location of a studio they don't know where a country is on a map

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mandude

Jews aren't as readily apparent as you would think.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RazielCuts

@Zacagawea: An oldie but a goodie, because you brought up maps -

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mandude

@RazielCuts: I can never understand why no one is laughing in that video. A part of me refuses to believe that it's real at all.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aegon

Ken Levine is Jewish, obvs. I dunno, I'm sure there are others. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't you know that the video games industry is mad racist? The original title of the movie "The Wizard" was "The Grand Wizard"

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheKramer89

@RazielCuts said:

Actually, those are both proper and politically correct terms. Especially "Jew." You might be thinking of "Jap." Ask any Jew what they call themselves.

@RazielCuts said:

We stupid, scumbag, ignorant Americans don't expect you "Europeans" to understand the different cultures and locations of our 50 states, so don't expect us to know the difference between Norway and Sweden. We don't have time. We have jobs (well most of us...).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheKramer89 said:

We have jobs (well most of us...).

In America? Well... for the time being maybe ;P

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@RazielCuts said:

Because all Americans are ignorant assholes, that isn't just a human being thing. Twat.

But yeah, you're right. this is ridiculous. Enough to be a troll.

@Kidavenger: I believe you mean gay employees. Comes off as a little disrespectful when you say it like that, so please say it as it is.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thesquarepear
TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheKramer89

@TeflonBilly said:

@TheKramer89 said:

We have jobs (well most of us...).

In America? Well... for the time being maybe ;P

You can find a job if you want one, it just might not be the one you want. It's not that bad, people... Lots o' people sit around and do nothing but check their mailbox and complain on facebook with their iphones that they can't find a job. Those aren't real people. Those are fucking parasites.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheKramer89: Oh, I was just making a lighthearted pithy comment about the growing outsourcing and the DEY TOOK OUR JEBS mentality against immigrant workers

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheKramer89

@TeflonBilly said:

@TheKramer89: Oh, I was just making a lighthearted pithy comment about the growing outsourcing and the DEY TOOK OUR JEBS mentality against immigrant workers

I wasn't attacking you, I was just venting. And what you said is, unfortunately, completely true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheKramer89: Look at the bright side. At least you're not Greece!

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheKramer89

@TeflonBilly said:

@TheKramer89: Look at the bright side. At least you're not Greece!

Seriously. The US of A is making similar moves though. I really hope the peeps in charge don't let us sink. It's really frustrating thinking about it.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dezztroy
@TheKramer89 said:

Americans ...  culture

Ha, good one!
TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheKramer89

@Dezztroy said:

@TheKramer89 said:

Americans ... culture

Ha, good one!

How do you define culture? The USA has a way more diversified culture than any single country in Europe. You go to any city in France, big or little, people are smoking cigarettes and sitting at little cafes eating croissants. Go to New Orleans, New York, Miami, Nashville, and some city in Wyoming and tell me you don't see all kinds of different cultures.

I've never understood that argument. Maybe i just have a different definition of culture...

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Bribo

Wait, Cliffy B. isn't black?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#40  Edited By Vinny_Says

Oh don't worry there are a lot of jewish people in the game industry, thing is they aren't all named Goldstein and have big noses....

There aren't that many black people because there just isn't that many black people living amongst whites, even in america: Only 13% of americans are black and a mojority of the game industry is based in the USA. What exactly do you expect?

The more you know I guess....

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JoeyRavn

@TheKramer89 said:

You go to any city in France, big or little, people are smoking cigarettes and sitting at little cafes eating croissants.

If you're being serious, stop it. This topic has enough ignorance as it is. It doesn't need even more stupid, pointless stereotypes with which you demonstrate you know nothing about other cultures.

Seriously. Stop it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mordukai

@Kidavenger said:

Just ask them a question. If the answer with a question then you know they are Jewish.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thesquarepear

@JoeyRavn said:

@TheKramer89 said:

You go to any city in France, big or little, people are smoking cigarettes and sitting at little cafes eating croissants.

If you're being serious, stop it. This topic has enough ignorance as it is. It doesn't need even more stupid, pointless stereotypes with which you demonstrate you know nothing about other cultures.

Seriously. Stop it.

Sorry I can't help it

(in relation to the username *hint,hint)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pp6WC1Ocz4

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44  Edited By JasonR86

@Kidavenger said:

If they work in Hollywood and control money.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By me3639
No Caption Provided
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Brendan

I gotta say, this is the weirdest thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bribo said:

Wait, Cliffy B. isn't black?

Why a brotha gotta be black just cause he's a pimp!?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a weird and awful thread.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By iam3green

there are jews in the video game industry.

who knows if there are blacks.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LiquidSwords