#1 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -

Looking to get into racing games again and I just wanted to know what's a decent wheel I can get that's not too expensive but not crap too. I am also looking for one that can work with the PS3 and the 360, if there is one. 

#2 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

As far as I know, nope. USB-racing wheels don't work with the Xbox 360 (except the actual licensed one from Microsoft). Many PC racing wheels are compatible with the PS3, but none of them work for the 360. Obviously the official Microsoft racing wheel wouldn't work with the PS3.
 
Your best bet is to wait for a good price on two different racing wheels (i.e. Microsoft's and a second one). Sorry. Unless of course, somebody happens to find one (and I wouldn't mind retracting this post, if so).

#3 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" Looking to get into racing games again and I just wanted to know what's a decent wheel I can get that's not too expensive but not crap too. I am also looking for one that can work with the PS3 and the 360, if there is one.  "
I'm curious, have you ever owned a racing wheel before?  I'm a fan of racing games but not a fan of wheels...
#4 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
@Diamond: No. It just seems to me it will be more natural to play with a racing wheel.  
#5 Edited by JJWeatherman (14573 posts) -
@Mordukai said:

" @Diamond: No. It just seems to me it will be more natural to play with a racing wheel.   "

My friend just bought the Microsoft wheel and it's fine. The pedals were slipping around on the floor a bit while we played Forza 2 but the wheel itself was pretty good. I think playing with the wheel--even being a lot harder--is way more fun. Even when I spin out and crash, it's still a good time.
#6 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: Sounds Cool. But if I cant get one that works on both system then I'll probably go for a PS3 one. I don't really like Forza. I just feel that cars in GT has more weight to them. 
#7 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

I wouldn't recomment the wheel too much, especially for the 360, it's fun but completely useless.

#8 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
@clubsandwich said:
" I wouldn't recomment the wheel too much, especially for the 360, it's fun but completely useless. "
Ok, I'll take your word for it. Just for curiosity, what's wrong with the 360 wheel? 
#9 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

I've heard good things about the Logitech one.

#10 Posted by Khann (2915 posts) -

G25 works on PS3 I believe.. but I don't think it works on 360. G25 works on PC as well though which means you can play LFS. No need to play any racing sim other than LFS!

#11 Posted by zudthespud (3284 posts) -

The only wheel I know of that works with the 360 and the PS£ is the Porsche GT3 RS Fanatec wheel, and i'm not sure that's even out yet. It's the only decent wheel for the 360 since Microsoft didn't make the Logitech G25 compatable with it. It costs a bomb though, over £200. ($300ish I think). G25's you can get for £125 now and they work with PS3 and PC. It's a great wheel, i'm typing this over one right now. 

#12 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @clubsandwich said:
" I wouldn't recomment the wheel too much, especially for the 360, it's fun but completely useless. "
Ok, I'll take your word for it. Just for curiosity, what's wrong with the 360 wheel?  "
It's not very effective, it actually makes the  games harder to play.
#13 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

I think you might be better off using the controller.

#14 Posted by Khann (2915 posts) -

It might make the games harder to play, but for non-arcade games it make it a hell of a lot more fun.