• 50 results
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By Red12b

Bad case of Rage quit against my flatmate in MVC3 resulting in me throwing my controller at the floor storming outside in a fit of frustration and walking straight into a Policeman.... explaining to a cop why I was pissed off at my flatmate about a game who thought I was having a domestic....*awkward much?*

this just happened..I kinda feel like a tool, help me feel better by telling your Rage Quit stories

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Red12b

Bad case of Rage quit against my flatmate in MVC3 resulting in me throwing my controller at the floor storming outside in a fit of frustration and walking straight into a Policeman.... explaining to a cop why I was pissed off at my flatmate about a game who thought I was having a domestic....*awkward much?*

this just happened..I kinda feel like a tool, help me feel better by telling your Rage Quit stories

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Red12b

@dudeglove:

I live in a flat of townhouses they were probably looking for my neighbour behind the flat of mine who was most likely having a domestic...

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Contrarian

Were you losing or was he being adick?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Red12b

@Contrarian said:

It was fair play I just lost 15 times in a row...that shit gets frustrating as all hell

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Contrarian

@Red12b said:

@Contrarian said:

It was fair play I just lost 15 times in a row...that shit gets frustrating as all hell

Which is why I am in no hurry for you to kick my arse race after race in GT5 ............. I will give it a go one day.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have mastered the skill of alt+F4'ing as soon as I begin to feel agitated. Your performance only gets worse, and your agitation will inevitably turn into fury and rage.

Back when I was 14 I did smash my old desk with my fists, giving it a permanent angle. That was after sucking horribly at BF2. I also remember smashing my keyboard so hard that a few keys popped out.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

The trick is to not let yourself get to a place where you're that angry in the first place. Taking a break for five minutes and switching servers usually does it for me.

SomeScrub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SomeScrub

I get a fair amount of rage in marvel, mostly because the internet can't tech throws. Some guy actually called me a cheater, and that made my day honestly.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

I do not rage quit, as that would require emotions too strong for me to experience.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By zeforgotten

I haven't rage quit at all. 
Getting so emotional over a video game just seems weird. Like Circus Freak-weird

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By BonOrbitz

I may get a little upset when I'm playing a game, but rage quitting and throwing controllers is ridiculous. Getting that upset over a video game is a bit disturbing to me.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Deranged

I used to rage quit hard when I played Gears 1 but that was mainly due to the horrendous server connection coupled with my even worse internet connection.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShaggE

@SomeScrub said:

Some guy actually called me a cheater, and that made my day honestly.

Nothing better than hackusations. They're basically compliments, since it implies that you play beyond what was previously thought humanly possible.

... Of course, most hackusations are aimed at anybody who plays beyond "randomly licking the buttons" in skill level...

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Dagbiker

I dont get mad, I stay cool, calm and wait until i get to a point where i am not a total ass. Then i go do something else.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zeforgotten
@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I haven't rage quit at all. Getting so emotional over a video game just seems weird. Like Circus Freak-weird

Trying to accomplish any goal, and failing repeatedly (especially if it's close) is frustrating no matter what one could be doing.

It's just a matter of figuring out what you're doing wrong since you keep failing at that one point in a game or get beaten up in a match of Street Fighter or whatever game you're playing. 
I see no reason to go apeshit and throw controllers around and get angry at a friend. It's not their fault you suck in the first place
Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not exactly a rage quitting story, but whenever I'm on the losing team in a game such as TF2 I will play out the round to the very end even when I genuinely need to leave and might be late somewhere because I don't want any of the 23 other people on the server to notice me leaving the game and think that I was rage quitting.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zeforgotten
@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@ZeForgotten said:

I haven't rage quit at all. Getting so emotional over a video game just seems weird. Like Circus Freak-weird

Trying to accomplish any goal, and failing repeatedly (especially if it's close) is frustrating no matter what one could be doing.

It's just a matter of figuring out what you're doing wrong since you keep failing at that one point in a game or get beaten up in a match of Street Fighter or whatever game you're playing. I see no reason to go apeshit and throw controllers around and get angry at a friend. It's not their fault you suck in the first place

That's a fair point, but I think it's less anger that's issued toward the friend and more towards the fact that, no matter what one may do, they cannot win. Yes, throwing controllers and getting angry over a game sounds childish in a calm state, but it's understandable looking from the perspective of another frustrated person.

I wouldn't know since I don't get frustrated with games when I can't beat them. I just go "oh well" and come back to it later and play something else so I can't really see it from their perspective. 
It's fine that they get frustrated though, that's just how they work but a friend of mine threw his controller at his girlfriend because she beat him at like Tekken twice in a row. He wasn't just tossing it in heir general direction, he aimed for her head. At that point it find it fucking pathetic, you get so angry at a game that your already dumbed down brain deems it alright to harm another person. Issues! Eat some freaking happy pills before playing video games
Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Nothing beats smashing someone at Fifa and they ragequit.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Undeadpool

I've never Ragequit, at least in fighting games, since I'm always the WORST fighting game player in my house and I'd basically NEVER play if I ragequit...BUT WAIT! There was one time in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer where I couldn't get a single kill. I played through something like seven of the ten minutes without one single kill or stun (I had people a third my level WELL above me score-wise) and I yelled into my non-headset "You know what? FINE! FUCK IT!" and just quit out. Didn't screw anyone over, but I DID feel a little silly afterward.

I've had TONS of people ragequit on me though. Especially playing Mortal Kombat and Super Street Fighter 4. Once some players realize you're not going to fall for their "jump in, sweep, uppercut, projectile" dial-a-combo, they tend to just ragequit. Even in a game like MK where that counts as a loss! The MOST satisfying though was when someone jumped in on my Abel in SSFIV no less than four consecutive times only to be grabbed out of the air and slammed down. Quit before the end of the first round.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By danielkempster

I've only ever rage-quit once in my seventeen years of playing games. The incident in question was about five years ago, I was playing the latest incarnation of Pro Evolution Soccer with a friend at my house. I wasn't playing badly, in fact I'd go as far as to say I was playing better than he was, but every single decision or scrap of luck seemed to fall in his favour. I lost about eight games in a row, and when I was subjected to a 5-0 drubbing in the last game, I just reached over to the PS2, turned it off and asked him to leave. I'm generally a very calm, mild-mannered guy, but on this particular occasion my opponent was being such a smug dick about everything that I just couldn't help myself. I'm not proud of it, and I later apologised to the guy about what I'd done. To date, it remains the only occasion a game has annoyed me enough to do something like that.

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vestigial_Man

I can't remember ever having rage-quit, but I do boredom-quit regularly. If I'm repeatedly getting killed over and over I'll quit out because I'm not enjoying myself and am not in any way progressing my character, this comes not from rage but a deep sense of boredom. I have never damaged anything because I did badly, nor sent an angry PM to the person who killed me. I'm pretty good at not getting too invested in something and raging when I lose, it's just what happens. Smile and move on.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By jimi

I haven't ragequit that often. I've gotten mad and had to turn off the game but nothing more than that, those are mostly sc2 losses but I always try to GG.

However when I used to play WoW arena there were some... serious incidents. One guy punched his keyboard so hard mid-match it broke off keys that we needed to win, I heard another guy punch his PC tower real hard on multiple occasions, the same guy as the keyboard had a habit of slamming his mouse.

One guy I knew threw his fightstick and completely busted it then had no money to replace it, wasn't his smartest move.

Competitive gamers can be very angry people.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Capum15

Mine are more "annoyed quit" than rage. I'll just stop playing for a bit and do something else or play a different game.

Blackhebrew2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blackhebrew2

I rage quit in FIFA soley because I'm too nagry to finish the game. I once rage quitted when I was winning. He scored and I just left.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By jacdg

Throwing my controller into my pillow is normal when I lose in games like Fifa, never rage quit though, I probably yell agitated words a lot, and once I sent a nasty, sad message to a dude who played like shit and still beat me, I regretted it as soon as I pressed send.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Simplexity

I don't really get angry at anything, especially not games so no. I have a friend who punched a hole in his monitor after losing a bronze league 1v1 match in SC2 <.<

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cloudenvy

I never really ragequit, I have been known to boredom-quit quite a few times.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Red12b
@ZeForgotten
Well sure, but he can be a baiting prick
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Red12b
@ZeForgotten
@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@ZeForgotten said:

It's just a matter of figuring out what you're doing wrong since you keep failing at that one point in a game or get beaten up in a match of Street Fighter or whatever game you're playing. I see no reason to go apeshit and throw controllers around and get angry at a friend. It's not their fault you suck in the first place

That's a fair point, but I think it's less anger that's issued toward the friend and more towards the fact that, no matter what one may do, they cannot win. Yes, throwing controllers and getting angry over a game sounds childish in a calm state, but it's understandable looking from the perspective of another frustrated person.

I wouldn't know since I don't get frustrated with games when I can't beat them. I just go "oh well" and come back to it later and play something else so I can't really see it from their perspective. 
It's fine that they get frustrated though, that's just how they work but a friend of mine threw his controller at his girlfriend because she beat him at like Tekken twice in a row. He wasn't just tossing it in heir general direction, he aimed for her head. At that point it find it fucking pathetic, you get so angry at a game that your already dumbed down brain deems it alright to harm another person. Issues! Eat some freaking happy pills before playing video games
he threw it at her face? Jesus, who does that?
sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By sopranosfan

I literally bent the first Condemned game in half it made me so mad.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zeforgotten
@Red12b said:
@ZeForgotten
@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

@ZeForgotten said:

he threw it at her face? Jesus, who does that?
People who get angry over video games. He won't even admit it today except to the ones who where there and who saw it (including me) he's so embarrased but hell never forget that day because her brother got so pissed.  
He deserved what he got for being a completely insane cunt
peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#35  Edited By peacebrother

The only competitive game I play is SF4, and I've never rage quit. I do like getting rage quit on, however, makes me feel like I'm good at the game, aha. Since AE hit, though, nobody really rage quits. The only people playing now are people who are relatively good/serious about playing.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Never rage quit. I've gotten really frustrated at different points, but it's more of a cold "damn this part is getting to me, better take 5" style of thought.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hot_Karl

I've broken something like 6 controllers at this point in my life- one PS1, 2 Xbox, 3 PS3 controllers. I'm a poor sport.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MikkaQ

For me, I find the act of rage quitting itself calms me down enough to immediately jump back in. So I really just wish for a feature that tricks me into thinking I rage-quit, then pops me right back in.

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By StingerMK2

its not normally something i do, but i was playing Soul Calibur 5 when it came out and i was on a real bad losing streak (about 8 in a row at the point) and after losing the first round of the match i kind of threw my hands in the air with frustration whilst bashing the analogue sticks and pressing the start button to rush for the second round, in the rush of all the actions happening i accidentally highlighted the quit button, then when i went to press A to select "no" my hand skimmed back over the analogue stick and i selected "Yes" instead,

it kind of blew me away that i rage quit by accident, i actually felt bad enough to PM the guy and explain, i doubt he believed me, i probably wouldnt have

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#40  Edited By Little_Socrates

I just rage quit the original Legend of Zelda game. Still don't have the sword in the graveyard, so the hoards of Blue Armos in Level 5 are RIDICULOUS. I'm out of ideas for getting more heart pieces, though. :(

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Grimluck343

Pretty much every StarCraft 2 match I've ever played.

colmarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By colmarr

Recent rage quit was my own fault, at king of fighters 13 fighting against my friend. But it was just because I had cold and bad day that it all accumulated to state where I threw my PS3 controller so hard it shattered to pieces. I use to do more rage quitting, but playing mortal kombat online for whole day just the teleporting and lag alone me so passive and calm that rarely these days I get any angry at all. Now days it just makes me feel sad that I couldn't have proper fight in fighting games because of lag if there is any.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By FesteringNeon

I don't usually rage in front of others while playing games, I simply admit defeat and hand the controller off or say..

If I'm playing Dark Souls in private on the other hand, I look like a bi-polar schizophrenic crazy person... yelling at my TV. ("look" and "am" might be irrelevant)

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jace

The only game I get mad at is League of Legends. Nothing makes me as god damn pissed off as that game. Story time:

My best friend from high school and I were playing LoL in our campus dorm. We had shit teams all day, and he and I were both pretty fucking mad. We were ready to win one. Well, he gets into a close 1v1 and BARELY loses WITHOUT picking up a kill. I look over at him, he stands up without making eye contact and walks into our living room......about 5 seconds of silence and then SMACK-SMACK-SMACK....... I go in and see a depression in the couch where he hit it. Laughed my fucking ass off.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By beforet

I once rage quit a game of Yugioh. I can only take Oh Fish so many times!

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ninjakiller

Hurled my controller playing gta4. Lack of checkpoints, overly long missions, and its a 5/5? Fuck that. Still never finished it.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I quit deus ex after having no ammo in 3 auto saves before the first boss on super hard mode. (Everyone is a little snarky bitch about it which makes me hate gaming culture in general)

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Example1013

The one time I've legitimately ragequit was whem I spent two hours getting through the Mason half of the 2nd to last or last level of black ops, then got a "skeleton missing" error and got booted back to the main menu, to be forced to start the level all over again.