Raids in Cataclysm?

bune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By bune

This week we got a lot of new information about Cataclysm. The thing that surprised me the most was the consolidation between 10 and 25man raids, and how now you can continue with any new group, as long as they are downing a boss you have not. The catch here is now you can either kill a boss in 10, or 25man, not in both. This means you can either run in a 10 man group, or 25man group, or switch between the two, but you will never down the same boss twice in one week(unless you have alts of course).  Specifics on this can be bound here http://www.wowhead.com/blog=159674  I'm sure a lot of the die hard raiding guild's out there will hate and QQ to blizzard until their faces turn blue, but me personally do not think it is that bad of an idea. I prefer the 10man raids because you feel a lot more tight knit  with your group, and a lot less confusion in fights. Also blizzard i planning to release four new raids at Cataclysm launch,   We’re currently working on four raid dungeons for Cataclysm’s launch, and each will have optional, more challenging versions available for both 10- and 25-player raids." this is taken from the world of warcraft Cataclysm site. 4 new raids is plenty even with the shared lockout on raids for most people. The gear will also be the same regardless if you are running 10 or 25man. Which is great for someone like a dps who will have much less competition in 10 man raids then in 25 man. The only difference blizzard said they may do is increase emblems dropped per boss in 25man as opposed to 10man. With all of this put together I feel like blizzard has either came up with a great idea that many people will like, or one that last's a few months until to many people complain about it and have to revamp the entire system.

bune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bune

This week we got a lot of new information about Cataclysm. The thing that surprised me the most was the consolidation between 10 and 25man raids, and how now you can continue with any new group, as long as they are downing a boss you have not. The catch here is now you can either kill a boss in 10, or 25man, not in both. This means you can either run in a 10 man group, or 25man group, or switch between the two, but you will never down the same boss twice in one week(unless you have alts of course).  Specifics on this can be bound here http://www.wowhead.com/blog=159674  I'm sure a lot of the die hard raiding guild's out there will hate and QQ to blizzard until their faces turn blue, but me personally do not think it is that bad of an idea. I prefer the 10man raids because you feel a lot more tight knit  with your group, and a lot less confusion in fights. Also blizzard i planning to release four new raids at Cataclysm launch,   We’re currently working on four raid dungeons for Cataclysm’s launch, and each will have optional, more challenging versions available for both 10- and 25-player raids." this is taken from the world of warcraft Cataclysm site. 4 new raids is plenty even with the shared lockout on raids for most people. The gear will also be the same regardless if you are running 10 or 25man. Which is great for someone like a dps who will have much less competition in 10 man raids then in 25 man. The only difference blizzard said they may do is increase emblems dropped per boss in 25man as opposed to 10man. With all of this put together I feel like blizzard has either came up with a great idea that many people will like, or one that last's a few months until to many people complain about it and have to revamp the entire system.

Vermy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Vermy81

I'm very optimistic about this.    

I was so badly burned by how 10 mans ended up in Wrath that I'm taking a bit of a once burnt twice shy approach.   

But I really hope that this will lead to lots of 10 man raiding guilds exsisting that don't bother with 25s at all.    I love the 10 man raid and I can't stand how it ended up being the loot fast track and the practice raid in Wrath so I'm really looking forward to this aspect of Cataclysm.    

I would also hope it would cut down on pugs in raids who aren't trying to get into the guild.  

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DriveupLife

Sorry to be a downer, but WoW isn't really my thing anymore.