• 54 results
#1 Posted by Winternet (8035 posts) -

#2 Posted by Winternet (8035 posts) -

I've been re-watching most of the Random PC Games videos and I wanted to know what is your interest in it coming back. In my case, I think they're amazing and Giant Bomb is always better with a bit of random here and there. Also, Vinny + Dave + Drew? Camon!

Now that the new site is coming out and they are more and more comfortable with the new studio I hope this trio will have more time to go back to doing these things.

#3 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1670 posts) -

I think when the new site goes live and is fully working they'll probably treat us with one. I've been wanting to message dave and ask if they can do one of the Lands of Lore possibly. Or, if they want to get really special, Phantasmagoria 2 or the 7th guest or something of that nature.

#4 Posted by Abendlaender (2867 posts) -

I guess at the moment Dave is busy preparing the new site. And after it launched he'll probably be busy fixing some stuff that doesn't work. But I guess when that is done we will see some more RPG

Lands of Lore would be awesome, remember the C&C "Level"?

#5 Posted by Icemo (656 posts) -

Someone who doesn't want more content here is a madman. So yes.

#6 Posted by BaconBuTTy (175 posts) -

This was the feature that got me to buy premium.

Specifically, it was Elderscrolls: Daggerfall, which if I am not mistaken was the first ever Random PC game. Back when they were trying to incorporate eating breakfast at the same time. If I remember rightly, Random PC game was almost just a podcast, or simple video format where Vinny and Dave would discuss old PC games over breakfast.

But it became playing Random PC games every so often - Dave totally hated playing Daggerfall, but I loved watching them do it. It's arguably still the best Random PC game episode to date.

#7 Posted by mlarrabee (3031 posts) -

Considering that three of those videos are among my top five videos on the site, yeah, that'd be pretty good.

#8 Posted by JeanLuc (3605 posts) -

Dave said on TNT last night that they are continuing Blade Runner really soon once the new site is out.

#9 Posted by TwoLines (2826 posts) -

Yes times infinity.

#10 Posted by ikilledthedj (331 posts) -

Exploration is knowledge

#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Hell yes! Shit, now I feel like watch the Phantasmagoria video again! :D

#12 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Watching* again, sorry, I can't edit on the mobile site. -___-

#13 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1201 posts) -

How many more fans are in Blade Runner? I NEED TO KNOW!

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6636 posts) -

They can't stop until they run the entirety of Phantasmagoria 2.

#15 Posted by Tearhead (2199 posts) -

Yeah, seriously. RPCG is the greatest Giant Bomb feature ever. Phantasmagoria was a work of art.

#16 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#17 Posted by Master_Funk (740 posts) -

I hope Dave has the same amount of time after the site design finishes that he had when he was making the videos. Random PC game is incredible and I hope load my last save also makes a return.

#18 Posted by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -

Would be nice to see. While I recall not really enjoying the last couple of them, I enjoy the concept and if they get the right games it could be great. I have fond memories of throwing a pizza in the oven and sitting down to watch them while I shovel some in me.

#19 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

I like random.

#20 Posted by jmood88 (398 posts) -

I need the conclusion to Blade Runner to come out ASAP.

#21 Posted by Abendlaender (2867 posts) -

Wait. Waitwaitwaitwait.

Who chose C? I....I don't think I want to be a part of the human race anymore if this was a serious choice.

#22 Posted by cloudnineboya (845 posts) -

The forces to stop clicking on E were strong, something about A just seemed so nasty, So i went for B.

#23 Posted by Winternet (8035 posts) -

@Abendlaender said:

Wait. Waitwaitwaitwait.

Who chose C? I....I don't think I want to be a part of the human race anymore if this was a serious choice.

hey, hey, hey. Democracy, ok?

#24 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Of course we all want it back...?

#25 Posted by kerse (2118 posts) -

It was my favorite feature, well besides the endurance run and tang.

#26 Posted by Subjugation (4734 posts) -

Easily my favorite feature on the site.

#27 Posted by Abendlaender (2867 posts) -

@Winternet said:

@Abendlaender said:

Wait. Waitwaitwaitwait.

hey, hey, hey. Democracy, ok?

Democracy? More like DemoCRAZY amiright?

#28 Posted by Nev (558 posts) -

My favorite Giant Bomb feature, hands down. Would love a return!

#29 Posted by VikG (136 posts) -

They should just dump Blade Runner and move onto something else for the next Random PC Game, those huge binders are just waiting for them!

#30 Posted by Evilsbane (4698 posts) -

@joshthebear said:

The loop on that gif is perfect.

#31 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

Probably my favourite feature on the site; the sooner it's back, the better.

However, I don't think it's a good idea for them to play games over multiple episodes, and with large gaps in between them. With a few exceptions, part two of Blade Runner was significantly less engaging than the first one, and even more time has passed since they recorded part two. Vinny had already forgotten everything in the gap between the first two, and it made the whole thing seem aimless and unfocused, as it wasn't like Dave had a really firm grasp on the story and characters to compensate for Vinny's complete lack of a memory. Maybe the focus on the story is not the real reason to watch Random PC game - it's more just about the gags and the interaction between Dave, Vinny, and whoever they've brought along for the ride - but I still think that Random PC game would be better if they a) settled with showing a more focused and succinct section of the game, or b) when they want to play through an entire game, try to complete it in one session ala Phantasmagoria. I suppose that's probably unrealistic, but it's the only way to improve upon an already excellent feature.

Blade Runner isn't the only game that has seen a strong first episode and a mediocre second one. Of course, Daggerfall is what kicked off the feature, and it was a brilliant episode. And then they tried to go back to it - having been convinced to do so by the chat - only to aimlessly drift around town for 50 minutes doing nothing notable or particularly enjoyable to watch. Well, except "veeennggeeeeaaaanncceeee".

#32 Posted by cloudymusic (1223 posts) -

I really hope that we get to see a continuation of Ripper someday. I'm not holding my breath for it, though.

#33 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5903 posts) -

I wish to no end that Random PC game and Spookin' with Scoops would come back.

#34 Posted by Sackmanjones (4785 posts) -

I'd take just random games overall. Play some ps2 and Xbox games

#35 Posted by gogosox82 (428 posts) -

I have no idea what this random pc game is. Is that were they play a random old pc game? Why don't they just do that for all the games? Like go back and play a little rogue galaxy on the ps2 or jade empire on xbox. That would be pretty cool.

#36 Posted by jking47 (1246 posts) -

Please yes.

#37 Posted by Winternet (8035 posts) -

@gogosox82: It's a subscriber only feature.

#38 Posted by GreggD (4510 posts) -

Those Viper Pils' aren't gonna pour themselves...

#39 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

While we're at it, how about some Load Our Last Save as well.

#40 Posted by gogosox82 (428 posts) -

@Winternet: Well that would explain why i didn't know what it was. That and I'm pretty new here.

#41 Posted by wafflez (530 posts) -

Dave said last night on TNT that blade runner will be shortly after the relaunch.

#42 Posted by Winternet (8035 posts) -

Man, I'm in the middle of watching the Burn Cycle one and they should definitely go back to that one. It's amazing!

#43 Posted by laserbolts (5353 posts) -

It was hands down the best premium feature on the site. I would consider a monthly membership if it happens.

#44 Posted by mrfluke (5317 posts) -

ITs really the best feature on the site, id imagine they will get back to it once dave is done with the site.

#45 Posted by Feanor (1389 posts) -

Once they are all done moving into the new office.

#46 Posted by BeachThunder (12305 posts) -

@Feanor said:

Once they are all done moving into the new office.

Yep, they're busy installing giant cyberpunk fans.

#47 Posted by NegativeCero (3026 posts) -

Hopefully they do because its my favorite feature, but I don't expect it anytime soon if Dave is going to have to work on Comicvine after launching GB's new site.

#48 Posted by pyrodactyl (2285 posts) -

Yes, but only if they play omikron next, that game was dope and it has David Bowie in it for god's sake!

make it happen

#49 Posted by GreggD (4510 posts) -

@pyrodactyl said:

Yes, but only if they play omikron next, that game was dope and it has David Bowie in it for god's sake!

make it happen

Yup, a very poorly-modeled David Bowie!

#50 Posted by Lamashtu (254 posts) -

I do hope they consider doing "The Void/Tension/Turgor" at some point. It's Russian. It's weird. And could only find an appreciative audience on the PC. It's totally a "Dave" game. And the game is made by the same demented minds behind "Cargo! The Quest for Gravity!" (even if tonally they're on the two most extreme ends of the spectrum).