• 79 results
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By FLStyle

So far of all the games Jeff and Jason have played, the leader-board for best fighting game, as of July 1st 2015, is:

1. Samurai Shodown

Visit the official full list Ranking of Fighters leaderboard of fighting games by co-host, co-creator, co-pugilist Jeff Gerstmann.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Soooo borrry

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3 fisk0  Moderator
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the idea, Jeff and Jason know a whole bunch about fighting games from the past 25 years, this is exactly the sort of content I've been hoping for since Jason was brought on board.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They need to play Fx Fighers, its an old PC fighting game.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd link to the official list.

I'm glad they take this very seriously, and I'm glad they didn't just plop it into #1 without some serious thought.

Never played much Toshinden 3, but holy crap I played some Battle Arena Toshinden. You could side step!!

doomocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

MikeW1980UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is this gonna end with them saying a Street Fighter is best, or the right answer of Rise of the Robots.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

love this feature, very original too.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By csl316

I want to see where Rival Schools United By Fate stands. I read the strategy guide in Tips & Tricks a bunch but never played it.

To this day, whenever someone says "Rival something", I have to add united by fate to their sentence. Yuk.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think they need to play Groove on Fight(Power Instinct 3). Its an Atlus game and has a legit Persona summoner as a boss/hidden character.

elvicerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll never forget this.

Uppercaseccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My suggestion is go Top Gear style and get a big magnetic board put it in the studio and things you can write on and put on the board and have that be the list.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#15 ZombiePie  Staff

Let's put some garbage on that list like:

• Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
  • Sonic the Fighters
  • ClayFighter 63 1/3
  • Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi

I mean at some point this feature also has to identify what the WORST fighting game ever made is.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Let's put some garbage on that list like:

• Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22
  • Sonic the Fighters
  • ClayFighter 63 1/3
  • Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi

I mean at some point this feature also has to identify what the WORST fighting game ever made is.

Doesn't Jeff actually like Sonic the Fighters? I do want these games to make an appearance in Ranking the Fighters though.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#17 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I don't know if it objectively the best fighter ever, but my personal favorite and therefore #1 is Rival Schools: United by Fate. I fucking love that game and I hope they get to it soon. My main team was Shoma and Boman, though I did occasionally use Batsu and Roy.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By ArtisanBreads
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I have to wonder how long they'll actually stick to this series. They're rather infamous for cutting things short, and this basically looks like an Encyclopedia Bombastica replacement venue for Jeff to talk about old games.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Budokai 3 has to be in this series.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bushido Blade is the best fighting game.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@yummylee said:

I have to wonder how long they'll actually stick to this series. They're rather infamous for cutting things short, and this basically looks like an Encyclopedia Bombastica replacement venue for Jeff to talk about old games.

I imagine the presence of Jason and the more focused "Let's play a bunch of random fighting games" theme might make it be a little more consistent than Encyclopedia Bombastica. Alas for that feature. Wonder if they'll bring back the "Old Games Show" anytime soon too?

Also, I'm really hoping this leads to them playing random dogshit fighting games in the style of Jackie Chan: Fists of Fire.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

I want to see where Rival Schools United By Fate stands. I read the strategy guide in Tips & Tricks a bunch but never played it.

To this day, whenever someone says "Rival something", I have to add united by fate to their sentence. Yuk.

I have gone back to Rival Schools not that long ago and it's still cool. It might have crude PS1 era graphics, but it plays really well. There's such a weird collection of Capcom-y characters in that game, and I like the tag stuff and anime FMV.

I'm super hoping that they play Asuka 120% Burning Fest. I know Jeff had it on a list of unappreciated fighting games. It's real cool and has a Rival Schools-esque vibe.

cfilipec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Best idea in a while

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm just gonna whisper the word "Garou" over and over again. Is that cool? Cool.

Loading Video...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@yummylee said:

I imagine the presence of Jason and the more focused "Let's play a bunch of random fighting games" theme might make it be a little more consistent than Encyclopedia Bombastica. Alas for that feature. Wonder if they'll bring back the "Old Games Show" anytime soon too?

Also, I'm really hoping this leads to them playing random dogshit fighting games in the style of Jackie Chan: Fists of Fire.

Truth be told it's kinda all the same to me as I don't really watch that much of their content these days. Mostly just GBEast stuff.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna see some Psychic Force action. I haven't played it in ages but it has always stuck with me for being cool and kinda unique.

CountMacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see some Skullgirls - that game has received some hefty updates and added a good number of characters since they did the QL way back when. Plus it would be nice to see Jason's input on that game since it came out before he joined GB.

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ETERNAL CHAMPIONS

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

90 minutes seems like way too much for this series.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@error52 said:

90 minutes seems like way too much for this series.

At least for this particular game, I agree. It could have easily been done in 30.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm very stoked for this series. I was kind of bummed out that the Jeff Gerstmann Hall of Games morphed into Encyclopedia Bombastica, or at least I'm bummed that Bombastica is and always was a complete afterthought.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BabyChooChoo

If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that nothing compares to the perfection that is Darkstalkers 3.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this gonna end with them saying a Street Fighter is best

I really hope they just never go there, or get into the shitfight over the likes of current Evo lineup contenders and whatnot. By the looks of it they're probably not going to take it in that direction.

knoxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By knoxt

finally a topic i can post in! I hope they do street fighter 3 third strike. I've wanted this since forever, and want to hear the full story on why jeff thinks it's the worst street fighter. I can see why subjectively that makes sense, but with the parry system and how fast it moves, the character balancing and art style/soundtrack makes it my favorite fighter.

Loading Video...

just sayin.

sklorenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sklorenz

Gotta say I'm with some of you saying 90 minutes was too long for this. I think a 90 minute runtime would be appropriate for really good games. I have no problems if bad games get written off after 30 or 45 minutes of play, and less care is when ranking games in the lower half of the list.

Even if it seems a little against the spirit of this series, it'd make for better videos I think. Couldn't finish this one

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@toots: Haha, the character balancing should not be a positive whenever talking about 3S.

It's flow, systems, characters and style make it my favorite Street Fighter game. Let's be honest though, with a minimum of 4 Chun-Li players in top 8 of every EVO, 3S character balance should never be considered a reason to like it.

Unless you're a Chun player.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hassun

I hope (3D) battle arena games like Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (Still easily the best Dragon Ball game.), Destrega and War of the Monsters qualify for this list.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool idea for a series, they're gonna have to save breaker's revenge for the end though because it's so obvious that it's the best fighting game ever made

Loading Video...

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Technician

I'm not sure how long they will actually continue to do this, but here's my speculation of what their top 5 will end up being if they go "all the way" (whatever that means). *Note: This is not my personal top 5, just speculation on what the end result will be:

1. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

2. Tekken 3

3. Soul Calibur

4. Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

5. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Jeff seems to really like this game, I think he'll find a way to get it into the top) *Edit: Changed from vanilla to Ultimate

kidzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kidzombie

I'm just waiting for Asuka 120% Special Burning Fest.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

You know this series only exists to give One Must Fall: 2097 its due.

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

Jeff has said they are trying to build up a bunch of different stuff to stream on a Wednesday night like this and the Old Games Show so they can rotate as and when they please.

ryvythed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ryvythed
Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Jeff and Jason are going to bud heads on some of these games when we actually get down to which is the best game, thats going to be interesting.

cfilipec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Will we have another episode today?