#1 Edited by posh (462 posts) -

http://boards.4chan.org/b/res/481146020 [EDIT: thread 404'd]

I don't think this is legit, but I've gathered that a lot of people do so I thought it'd be worth posting. why anybody would risk their employment to post details on 4chan is beyond me, and the fact that anyone with the potential to leak so many details would know this much also seems bizarre. credit goes to this neogaf thread for pulling these quotes from the thread.

Quote:

Referred to as neXtBox throughout development period, KineXbox to those looking for a beating, but the official title is... "Xbox Now!"

Yes, it even has that little explanation point at the end, the "Xbox Now!"

Specs; 7000-series AMD, Backwards compatibility, access to featured 'channels' and social networking dependent on membership status, as previously stated, and subscription to the "Now!" service.

At launch capable of viewing in 3D, with added option of playing disc media such as DVD's and Blu-Ray's once again depending on Now! and membership period.

Quote:

Also, I'd hate to sound condescending to the newer generation of gamers, but in the eyes of advertisement executives and marketing maestros everywhere, the name Xbox Now! fits in perfectly as a buzzword to just filter through the industry.

While the Xbox Now! uses Kinect like its predecessor, "Xbox, Turn on" is a defunct command.

Instead, gamers can turn on their consoles with an issued command of "Xbox, Now!".

I get it, really, it ties in with the instantaneous world of social networking, and being informed of events as they happen, down to the last second.

Sure, everything is needed now, right away, this second.

But spare a thought for those with more patience as you shout, over and over...

"Xbox, Now!"

"Xbox... Now!"

"Xbox NOW!"

Quote:

Like Kinect, Xbox Now! required adequate space to function properly. The design has remained largely unchanged from the previous Xbox 360 Slim version, a bit of artsy decal on the side that has "Now!" written across it.

It looks gaudy as hell, and extremely tacky, but what do I know...

Quote:

The new Xbox is nearly equal in weight to a slab of concrete, is that close enough?

he also makes a lengthy post about why "banjo-threeie" was canned in favour of nuts and bolts.

xboxnow.com does indeed redirect to xbox.com, but I think someone mentioned this domain was registered 13 years ago

#2 Edited by Benny (1947 posts) -

@posh: I agree, it sounds like absolute garbage.

I guess people really can't wait a mere 51 hours.

#3 Edited by Petiew (1332 posts) -

It's /b/. It's best just to assume a bored edgy 14 year old posted that.

#4 Posted by Scroll (593 posts) -

Yeah that's a load of 4chan being 4chan.

#5 Posted by Kaiserreich (686 posts) -

What a load of unbelievable bullshit.

#6 Posted by Chaser324 (6331 posts) -

With only about two days left before the official announcement, I really don't think it's worth it to waste any thought on some random 4chan post that is almost certainly total garbage.

#7 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4161 posts) -

Dang. Just... . Just dang. :|

#8 Edited by Hailinel (23941 posts) -

Turning on your console with a command like "Xbox, now!" just sounds rude.

#9 Edited by Nicked (246 posts) -

Definitely fake, but I enjoy these sorts of rumors even so. Part and parcel with a new console launch and it will probably be years before something this big happens again. Even though this rumor's particularly dumb, it adds to the excitement IMO.

#10 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

@hailinel said:

Turning on your console with a command like "Xbox, now!" just sounds rude.

To leave a game you have to say, "XBOX, I WANT A MILKSHAKEEEEEEEEEEEEE! WHERE'S MY MILKSHAKKEEEEEE?!?!"

#11 Edited by Kung_Fu_Viking (697 posts) -

Nope.

We already know the thing is/was being referred to as "Durango" throughout development.

#12 Posted by ShaggE (6341 posts) -

I don't even slightly believe it, but that was extremely entertaining. I love the idea of a horribly misguided mid-90s-esque "hip" branding.

#13 Posted by Willza92 (259 posts) -

Xbox, pizza NOW!

#14 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4161 posts) -

I'd rather see them say, "Nah. Its the Xbox Canyonero, guys."

#15 Edited by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

Heh, I actually kinda like "Xbox, Now!"

...fake

#16 Edited by doosmacleod (186 posts) -

Every time someone says "Xbox" there's a whip sound.

XBOX! Whh-chh!

#17 Edited by BeachThunder (11711 posts) -

Xbox Just Wait A Couple Of Days Until The Announcement

#18 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

The type of person who writes "explanation point" is probably also dumb enough to use "a slab of concrete" as an absolute weight reference, so this story checks out.

#19 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Xbox turned out being incredibly dumb and offensive in more than one way.

#20 Posted by RVonE (4605 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07 said:

Every time someone says "Xbox" there's a whip sound.

XBOX! Whh-chh!

#21 Posted by Tom_Scherschel (120 posts) -

I can't believe any of that is true, but it's fun to imagine Don Mattrick stepping out on Tuesday and announcing all that stuff. "It's a marvel of modern technology, in fact, it weighs almost as much as a slab of concrete!"

#22 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

The new xbox will have a front screen that just shows ads!

#23 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Yeah, like /b/ has any sort of credibility.

#24 Posted by benpicko (2001 posts) -

It's /b/. Clearly bullshit. Also, paying to play DVDs and Blurays? People were annoyed that they had to pay for memberships full stop, they're not going to fuck up that much

#25 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -

Xbox Now that's a bad name.

#26 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

OMG you are so breaking rule 1 of 4chan. We've got a rulebreaker, guys!

#27 Edited by august (3827 posts) -

You have to pay to unlock DVD playpack in Windows 8.

#28 Posted by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

@levio said:

OMG you are so breaking rule 1 of 4chan. We've got a rulebreaker, guys!

Put him in the Boo Box.

#29 Edited by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

I think that's pretty decent satire on the state of the modern society.

#30 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@posh: No one is going to believe this shit.

Lock this motherfucker up.

#31 Edited by Darson (448 posts) -

I want an Xbox NOW!....NOW!

#32 Posted by GIyn (202 posts) -

WUH-POWWWWWWWWW , its XBOX NOW

#33 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Calling it the "Xbox Now" and having it look almost identical to the 360 seems like it would be a pretty big mistake, especially after the mess Nintendo has landed themselves in with both the 3DS and the Wii U.

You gotta make it clear to people that the thing is a new console, not just a flashy upgrade of what they already have.

#34 Edited by TheHT (10914 posts) -

lame.

#35 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Maybe it's that I spent the last 4 hours working on an ambush mission in ArmA, but "Xbox Now!" just makes me think of some spec ops dudes sitting in a jungle watching a road, and then as a few military style jeeps roll along the road, one of them looks over and whispers loudly, "Xbox, Now!" and you just see a little pulse of light from the Xbox's power LED and the whole road erupts into flames as several explosive charges are detonated.

I also don't buy this.

#36 Edited by posh (462 posts) -

@awesomeusername: what? i didn't post it because it was believable, i did it because it was entertaining. calm down

#37 Edited by TyCobb (1945 posts) -

"Explanation point"

Jesus....

#38 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@posh said:

@awesomeusername: what? i didn't post it because it was believable, i did it because it was entertaining. calm down

I am calm. I just have cursing in my keyboard-language. But anyway, I said no one will believe it because you said "I don't think this is legit, but I've gathered that a lot of people do so I thought it'd be worth posting." I mean, maybe some idiots do believe it but us here at Giantbomb won't. But you're right, it's a bit entertaining. Only a bit though.

#39 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Just two more days of this nonsense.

#40 Edited by Seb (358 posts) -

NOW!

#41 Edited by GIyn (202 posts) -

WUH-POWWWWWWWWW , its XBOX NOW