• 100 results
#1 Posted by JauntyHat (310 posts) -

I was just curious what the rarest achievement from a reasonably popular game on Giantbomb is? And by "reasonably popular" I'd say something that enough people have played so, something like 5,000+ copies sold at least? (Going on the Rayman Origins Scale here). I was going through my own achievements and realized completing 'Splosion Man on the hardest difficulty has only been achieved by roughly 180 people.

What're some of your most well deserved, hardest, and just generally annoying achievements you've achieved a "Rare" rating for here on Giantbomb?

#2 Edited by Addfwyn (1914 posts) -

I'm not sure if it's my rarest one, but I'm one of 6 people with a platinum in BlazBlue. That could be due to the slow rollout of trophy support though. For individual trophy, probably Leonidas which is 7 people on PSN and 118 on XBL.

EDIT: If Steam counts, only 9 of us have ever beaten Civ V as Persia, which is really really weird.

#3 Edited by Jimbo_N (1197 posts) -

Seems like the most rare one I have is "Turtle" from Mortal Kombat. Only #68 players have unlocked it and from what I heard Mortal Kombat sold really well!

*EDIT* Also seems only #117 have onlocked the "In Service of the Alliance" achievement in WoW wich befuddles me even more. Tho if we are going "well-deserved" combined with "generally annoying" it is of course only 1 achievement I can be that proud of!

#4 Posted by Rafaelfc (1283 posts) -

weird that is an easy-ass achievement right there

#5 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

My rarest is "Blue Collar" from Saints Row 2, which only 130 people have. I'm guessing this is because the tow-truck missions were a fricken nightmare.

My favourite one though is "Jiggilionare" from Nuts & Bolts. I'm sure anyone who's played it knows why. The game itself even states it's an accomplishment on par with finishing Jet Force Jemini and several other of their really hard games.

#6 Posted by masterpaperlink (1823 posts) -

not the rarest but i remember 2 for 1 being a pain in the ass, i really wanted that samurai sword

#7 Edited by drgrumbles (202 posts) -

Two others and I have Cheers To You for Catherine :)

So only three people have S ranked Catherine for Xbox.

#8 Posted by AlisterCat (5398 posts) -
#9 Posted by BisonHero (5671 posts) -

I'm one of only 4 users on Giant Bomb to S-rank Anomaly: Warzone Earth. 817 people on Giant Bomb have the game, so if you extrapolate that out, the game has easily sold over 5,000 copies total.

http://www.giantbomb.com/anomaly-warzone-earth/61-33329/achievements/

(Technically no one currently has the S-rank for the game, because they've added one more achievement a few weeks ago, but no person on Earth has that achievement because the game still hasn't been updated with whatever the new challenge is. I have all of the achievements that are possible to get at the moment.)

#10 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

It doesn't seem like any of the rare ones are particularly rare. :(

#11 Posted by BisonHero (5671 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

My rarest is "Blue Collar" from Saints Row 2, which only 130 people have. I'm guessing this is because the tow-truck missions were a fricken nightmare.

My favourite one though is "Jiggilionare" from Nuts & Bolts. I'm sure anyone who's played it knows why. The game itself even states it's an accomplishment on par with finishing Jet Force Jemini and several other of their really hard games.

Fuckin' Jet Force Gemini.

Now THAT would be an Endurance Run. In the sense that it actually would test their skills and overall determination, and inevitably they would NOT endure.

#12 Posted by Phr4nk0 (343 posts) -
#13 Posted by JacDG (2112 posts) -

I have Safari Tour from Far Cry 2 which only 133 other players have, despite more than 10.000 owning the game, Chapter 8 Speedrun from Mirror's Edge, is more rare though, 138 of more than 12000 have that one.

#14 Edited by Sjupp (1901 posts) -

Surprised that nobody else but me and four other duders have the Overachiever achievement on MW3.

Edit: Oh, that was only for the PC-version. Figures. Still pretty darn rare though.

#15 Edited by Winsord (1066 posts) -

-"Aperture Science" in Portal. "Earn gold medals on all Portal challenges", with 179 completions. (worth 40 points)

-"The Long Road Ahead" in Guitar Hero III. "Complete all difficulties in Career, buy everything from the shop and complete 100 online matches", with 127 completions. (worth 100 points)

-"Level 60" in Test Drive Unlimited 2. "Reach level 60", with 21 completions. (worth 100 points)

-"Unstoppable Drift!" in Juiced 2. "50,000,000 point drift!", with 6 completions. (worth 150 points)

Unstoppable Drift is basically maintaining a drift for about 40-45 minutes, and around 125-150 laps.

#16 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

My rarest one that isn't a brand new Reach achievement is War Supporter from Gears 3 which I exploited a glitch to get anyway haha

My rarest one from a game that's been out awhile is for winning Multiplayer Liar's Dice with one die remaining in Red Dead.

#17 Posted by Cincaid (2948 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind: Agreed! I still use the avatar picture you get from Jiggilionaire, haha.

#18 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

The new "seriously" achievement from Gears of War 3.

#19 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

@Sooty said:

The new "seriously" achievement from Gears of War 3.

Yeah, if anyone's actually got that, well, what the fuck. If the world was full of normal people nobody would ever get that one.

#20 Edited by AmatureIdiot (982 posts) -

It seems my rarest achievement/Trophy is No Assistance Required on MW3, at time of writing I'm one of 8 on the PS3.

Weirdly, my top four rare achievements are all PS3 games, and the other three are relatively easy Killzone 3 multiplayer achievements.

My rarest XBOX 360 achievement is Nerd Rage in Wolfenstein.

I guess my proudest achievement is Saviour of San Esperito (75 points) Liberated Every Province In San Esperito, that must of took some time in Just Cause

#21 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

My rarest achivement is for ace combat assult horizon, its called nice assist. And I am one of 32.

#22 Posted by mosespippy (3751 posts) -

There are 5 Warhawk trophies that no duders have. That doesn't surprise me as some of them take an average of 1000 hours to complete.

#23 Posted by Lazyaza (2136 posts) -

I seem to be the only person on giant bomb with a number of achievments in Lost Planet 2 on PC. But I assume that's some weird bug, surely I am not alone in having 2 max level characters in that version of the game lol.

#24 Posted by Superfriend (1458 posts) -

@Addfwyn said:

EDIT: If Steam counts, only 9 of us have ever beaten Civ V as Persia, which is really really weird.

That´s because Harun Al Rashid is waaay better than the whiny persian leader :D Nah, I don´t really know.. maybe Persia doesn´t have the same kind of pull that say.. Rome or Greece?

#25 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

The Dark Soul

48/3,026 (1.6%)

#26 Posted by GS_Dan (1396 posts) -

Wipeout HD only has 2 platinums, wish I was one of them.

#27 Posted by Dagarik (21 posts) -

I am one of only 7 people who finished Stormrise... :D

#28 Posted by MetalBaofu (1270 posts) -

Rarest I have from a popular game would be Taking It For The Team in GTA IV, which is really odd to me, because I played next to none of that game online. Kinda makes me wonder if the game glitched and gave it to me incorrectly.

The rarest one I have that I would be the most proud of would be, No Point in Dying in Limbo or Title Master in Half-Minute Hero.

#29 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

My rarest is probably killing 53,596 zombies in Dead Nation. Only 10 people have done it, out of the 965 who've played it. I AM THE 1%.

#30 Posted by RAGEosaurus (137 posts) -

Mine is Story Teller in Pinball FX2. Most of the Wizard Mode stuff is extremely rare, and some of the most frustrating things i've ever attempted

2/5,286 (0.1%)

#31 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

I was the first of nine people so far to beat the Witcher 2 on extra-fuck-you-up-brutal mode. That said, I will never, ever play that game again.

#32 Posted by Tebbit (4435 posts) -

While not quite the rarest, Beat Zico must be one of the hardest.

With 8/1,644 (0.5%) people (including yours truly) having it, that's a paddlin'.

@GS_Dan said:

Wipeout HD only has 2 platinums, wish I was one of them.

One day... I believe you and I still need to farm out those multiplayer trophies one day.

#33 Posted by Murdouken (707 posts) -

2000 people play Dead Island on Steam that are synced up to Giant Bomb and I am one of 19 that have gotten the "Right 4 Life" achievement. That's the rarest I have, I think.

#34 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Is there a way to see your rarest achievements all in one section?

#35 Posted by LDawg (18 posts) -

Mine is of Age of Empries Online, which is quite popular. The Sons of Destiny

Only 31 got this :P

#36 Posted by GS_Dan (1396 posts) -

@Tebbit: Damn straight :D

#37 Posted by Beforet (2884 posts) -
#38 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (400 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/achievements/winner-level-3/61210/

Actually playing Riddicks multiplayer this long seems kindof crazy. 4 people obviously cheated & two of them have high enough gamer score that you might think they cheated also. (not many people actually have legit 500k gamescore)

Also 1000 matches is pretty hard when no one plays. Pitch Black mode is really fun though.

#39 Posted by weegieanawrench (1918 posts) -

My rarest achievement seems to be Swept Off Their Feet - Hydrophobia. Only 91 people on GB have unlocked it. I've said it before, but I feel that my most well deserved achievement was Little Rocket Man - HL2 Ep.2. Also, L.A. Noire's Auto Fanatic - only because I played the latter half of the game in B&W, so I found the remainder of the cars based on design alone. Why? Fantastic question.

#40 Posted by RuthLoose (740 posts) -

Super Meat Boy's I'm A Golden God has less than a dozen completes on here.

#41 Posted by Mijati (845 posts) -

My rarest is Now that's Impressive - Guitar Hero 3 - 750k score with 70/15k people having it.

Swift Zulian Tiger achievement in WoW has 80/10k people with it and will continue to get rarer as the item is now discontinued and thus no one else can get it.

#42 Posted by bkbroiler (1586 posts) -

My rarest is Chapter 2 Speedrun of Mirror's Edge. I was also the 3rd person to get it on the site, which is cool. Wasn't even signed up for GB then!

My proudest is probably 7 Day Survivor for Dead Rising. That was an undertaking, and actually a lot of fun.

@Still_I_Cry said:

In your achievement page, top left, sort by rarity.

@Phr4nk0 Why are those Far Cry 2 achievements so rare?

#43 Edited by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@bkbroiler said:

My rarest is Chapter 2 Speedrun of Mirror's Edge. I was also the 3rd person to get it on the site, which is cool. Wasn't even signed up for GB then!

My proudest is probably 7 Day Survivor for Dead Rising. That was an undertaking, and actually a lot of fun.

@Still_I_Cry said:

In your achievement page, top left, sort by rarity.

@Phr4nk0 Why are those Far Cry 2 achievements so rare?

Thanks.

I think my rarest is one for Crimson Alliance called, "Tough As Nails".

Rarity LevelrareFirst UnlockedOct. 12, 2011# of Players Unlocked17Percentage Unlocked
17/2,436 (0.7%)

Also, Red Dead Redempton. "Avatar of Death" and "Who Needs Deadeye"

Successfully complete either round of a Stronghold map without dying

Rarity LevelrareFirst UnlockedSept. 21, 2010
# of Players Unlocked273Percentage Unlocked
273/21,208 (1.3%)

Who needs Deadeye? (10 points)

Kill 3 or more players in a standoff or showdown.

Rarity LevelrareFirst UnlockedAug. 10, 2010
# of Players Unlocked277Percentage Unlocked
277/21,208 (1.3%)
#44 Posted by AlexW00d (6061 posts) -

Only 3 percent of people have finished the Thieves guild arc in Skyrim which I find strange.

#45 Posted by BlinkyTM (1054 posts) -

Tough as Nails (Survive Fistful of Coins wave 7 on at least normal difficulty) for Crimson Alliance (17/2,436) 0.7%.

Burning Down the House (Complete Inferno) for Crimson Alliance (21/2,436) 0.9%

Way of the Ninja (Complete Dead Among Us) for Crimson Alliance (27,2,436) 1.1%

Legendary (Reach level 50 and pass into Legend) for Red Dead Redemption (304/21,208) 1.4%

You Rule! (Complete all Advanced Co-Op Missions) for Red Dead Redemption (383/21,208) 1.8%

Dodge This (Achieve a kill chain of 10 or more in any Advanced Co-Op mission) for Red Dead Redemption (386/21,208) 1.8%

Novice Capturer (Completed 5 games of Capture with four players) for Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (81/4,374) 1.9%

Secret Achievement (Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement) for Army of Two: 40th Day (79/4,019) 2.0%

Against All Odds (Complete a playthrough on Legendary difficulty) for Lord of the Rings: War in the North (5/243) 2.1%

Secret Achievement (Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement) for Ninja Gaiden II (211/9,405) 2.2%

Killer (Get a 4 kill long kill streak. Get a double kill. Get the first kill in a match) for The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (113/4,762) 2.4%

Sharing Celebrity (Complete game on medium mode with multiple players) for Fairy Tale Fights (14/569) 2.5%

These are the rarest I have. 5/243 for War in the North is probably the most rare.

#46 Posted by Tesla (1852 posts) -

Smoke that Skinwagon - Make it to wave 15 in Undead Overrun Gametype in Multiplayer. [Red Dead Undead Nightmare] (3.9%)

#47 Posted by Shaunage (641 posts) -

Nine of my top ten rarest achievements are from Guitar Hero games, with the rarest being 500 online wins in GH3.

#48 Posted by NorthSarge (211 posts) -

A lot of guitar hero 2 and 3 stuff.... i guess a lot of people didn't 5 star everything in those games... i can be proud that i am one of those people that did. My rarest achievement is The Long Road Ahead in GH3.

#49 Posted by EVO (3782 posts) -

I'm the only person out of 50 to have earned a bunch of trophies for Eufloria on PS3.

#50 Posted by bkbroiler (1586 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

Only 3 percent of people have finished the Thieves guild arc in Skyrim which I find strange.

I think new games are kind of fucked right now. The achievements are kind of strange - maybe not updating correctly? I have Halo Anniversary and I know some of the achievements don't have as few players completing them as the site says.