• 191 results
#1 Posted by KingOfAsh (51 posts) -

What is the rarest game that you own? I can say that I own Elder Scrolls: Redguard and Yoshi's Island. You?

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5731 posts) -

I have a 'like new' copy of Shadows of the Empire, but that can't be rare. I guess I don't have any rare games.

#3 Posted by TobbRobb (4850 posts) -

I don't think any of my games are especially rare. But I don't really keep track of rarity either.

#4 Posted by L44 (575 posts) -

I have no idea what's rare and what isn't.

#5 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Earthbound.

EDIT: Oh, Steel Battalion probably counts too.

#6 Posted by Joey_Connell (56 posts) -

In terms of value probably my ps3 copy of gal gun. It's not really rare but not many people have it in the west. I also have some other japanese games that were never released over here to help me learn some japanese.

#7 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

Probably Tzar.

#8 Posted by Sharingan (38 posts) -

Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2

Both quiet valuble these days. And still the best jrpgs ever made :)

I own a copy of all the other games in the series as well. But they arn't as rare.

#9 Edited by SaFt (390 posts) -

Harvest Moon for the SNES maybe? Or Pocky and Rocky 2. Not quite sure how rare they actually are though.

#10 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Wind Waker.

#11 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Kojima signed copy of MGS3 limited edition.
Shinkawa signed copy of the MGS HD (limited edition) collection. He even drew me a Raiden!

Besides that, probably Xenogears?

#12 Posted by Kidavenger (3629 posts) -
#13 Edited by Jeust (10860 posts) -

I have Parasite Eve 2, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Heart of Darkness, Ridge Racer, Ridge Racer Type 4, Castlevania : Lament of Innocence, Castlevania : Circle of the Moon, Puzzle Quest, Half-Life for the PS2, and Wipeout Fusion.

#14 Posted by RandomHero666 (3184 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII black-disc for PS1

Also have a sealed PC version of VII, never opened it because the PC version is pretty bad(and piracy)

#15 Posted by Pabba (389 posts) -

I guess my PS1 copy of Suikoden II is probably the rarest game I own.

#16 Edited by Psykhophear (944 posts) -

Probably my boxed Command & Conquer: Worldwide Warfare, which has the original Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert games as well as the expansions.

#17 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1474 posts) -

A sealed, unopened copy of Super Mario All-Stars.

#18 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

Since the majority of my games are digital downloads, I'm going to go with "no."

#19 Posted by Tackchevy (266 posts) -

I guess the more relevant question is value.... I'm sure I have some old NES games in the closet that have fewer remaining copies than some of these, but not that many people actually want them. Anyways:

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Dragon Force

Digital Devil Saga Box Set

Suikoden I / II

Valkyrie Profile

Xenogears

And other miscellaneous RPGs. Lots of PS1s. But no Toomba or Toomba 2. They've eluded my grasp thus far.

#20 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

I guess Valkyria Chronicles? That game apparently didn't sell well, and it took me a while to find a store that still had it when I bought it a few years ago. But I don't think it is that rare..

#21 Posted by ValiantGoat (378 posts) -

I'm not sure off the top of my head. It would likely come down to either one of the Zelda collections on the GameCube, or my black label copy of Castlevania: SotN, none of which I believe to be really rare. There's a slim chance I could have a rare NES game and I just don't know about it since I have a shit-ton of those.

#22 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

Considering my collection is mainly newish AAA titles, my rarest game is likely Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition.

#23 Posted by Christoffer (1921 posts) -

Maybe Daley Thompson's Decathlon for the PC, boxed copy. Probably worth nothing. It's kind of shitty.

#24 Posted by forkboy (1176 posts) -

I've been tidying up in order to move some furniture out & get a couch in my room & I just came across my old copy of Republic The Revolution, which I can't believe many folk still have. Other than that? God, I'm not sure.

#25 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@JacDG said:

I guess Valkyria Chronicles? That game apparently didn't sell well, and it took me a while to find a store that still had it when I bought it a few years ago. But I don't think it is that rare..

No, definitely not rare.

#26 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1047 posts) -
#27 Posted by Superfriend (1587 posts) -

Hey, I also own a copy of Redguard. Bought it for the pocket guide to the empire, the game itself doesn´t really run on modern systems.

As for "rare" games? I don´t know, maybe a Japanese copy of Turtles 2 for the Gameboy?

#28 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (743 posts) -

I have a boxed copies of Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario and The Legend of Zelda, if they count. Oh, and a complete in box Donkey Kong Game n Watch.

#29 Posted by Scrawnto (2467 posts) -
#30 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Kerned said:

@JacDG said:

No, definitely not rare.

It was for a time though. I had a surprising amount of trouble finding it.

#31 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@nintendoeats: That's too bad. It's a really great game. I guess I'm not too surprised that it didn't do well. I wonder if the popularity of XCOM: Enemy Unknown resulted in a renewed interest in it. It's not like there are dozens of turn-based tactics games available for the PS3.

#32 Posted by Brodehouse (10134 posts) -

I don't know about rare, rare is hard to judge.

In terms of value; has to be my complete boxed copy of Chrono Trigger, map and all. I think that goes for about 130-140 on eBay. I have Final Fantasy 3 with a beat up manual, but I lost the fucking box a decade ago. Super Mario RPG which is about a 70-100 dollar game. After that, most of my stuff is in the 30-40 maybe 50 dollar range. I have all the Shin Megani Tensei PS2 stuff, a lot of them sealed (I found a sealed copy of Nocturne the other day). I have Shadowrun for the SNES which goes for about 40 bucks usually, I got it for 30.

My roommate used to own Earthbound, Valkyrie Profile for the PS1, and Ogre Battle 64. Now he's lost almost all of them in his dad's attic save Ogre Battle 64. What an IDIOT.

#33 Posted by FriskyHeadCrab (41 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

The Neverhood probably, I doubt it sold very well when it came out.

I also have Star Control for the Genesis, Sengoku for the Neo Geo and Military Madness for the TG16 which were probably all very low sellers when they came out.

I see your copy of the Neverhood, and raise you a PSX copy of Skullmonkeys. I friggin love this game.

#34 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

I have to imagine at least one of my Sega Cd games is rare.

But I know for sure my Sega CDX isn't exactly a common piece of hardware. Pretty great condition too, considering I've had it almost 20 years.

#35 Posted by peritus (1072 posts) -
#36 Posted by Jams (2966 posts) -
King's Field Box Art (Large).

maybe Kings Field?

#37 Posted by Thoseposers (791 posts) -

metabots metabee version for gba maybe? i dunno

#38 Posted by sharkeh (72 posts) -

Earth & Beyond is pretty rare I guess. It was a fun mmo set in space and the most notable thing about it, from what I remember, is you could go between space and planets in your ship. I don't think you could fly between them but you could definitely fly around on planets. For an mmo in like 2002 it was pretty flippin' great.

#39 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (743 posts) -

Sorry for an additional post, mobile site, but I do have a complete copy of Snatcher for Sega CD. I caught the seller napping, only cost me 10 quid.

#40 Posted by primalmaster (87 posts) -

I have a sealed copy of ocean commander for the PS2, it's a terrible game and probably not valuable because of it. but it's fairly hard to find.

#41 Edited by AlexW00d (6446 posts) -

@L44 said:

I have no idea what's rare and what isn't.

Yeah if someone tells me what games are rare then I can say if I own any of them, but like, how are we supposed to know?

Also

@BaneFireLord said:

Since the majority of my games are digital downloads, I'm going to go with "no."

This.

#42 Posted by RioStarwind (578 posts) -

My copy of Earthbound has to be the rarest game I own.

#43 Posted by Shortbreadtom (864 posts) -

I have a Japanese, unopened copy of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Given that the game goes for 70 bucks on Amazon, it's probably pretty rare?

A friend gave it to me after he lost his DS and didn't want to buy a new one. He speaks Japanese, I don't, hence the reason it's still unopened. I also can't be arsed to sell it.

As for older games, I don't have any.

#44 Posted by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -
#45 Posted by Sammo21 (3563 posts) -

Persona 1 and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on PS1. MvC2 on Dreamcast and Ps2. MGS3: Subsistence with all the DVDs and extras for pre-ordering. Ico sealed copy.

#46 Posted by Icemo (659 posts) -

Manu & Matti: Suuri Aarteenmetsästys. It's a point and click adventure game for Finnish children from the 90's. I bet there are not many copies of this game left in the world.

#47 Posted by SomeJerk (3396 posts) -

I've got a game made for German distribution jammed with naked ladies showing everything for every screen (or bonus game) you clear, licensed and based on an Activision puzzle game but that's an arcade PCB and that's like cheating.

#48 Posted by rentfn (1288 posts) -

I have a copy of Earthbound. The Box and the Game and The Guide. That is about the rarest I have.

#49 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

@Kerned said:

@JacDG said:

No, definitely not rare.

It was for a time though. I had a surprising amount of trouble finding it.

The more you know, when I bought it I couldn't find a copy anywhere.

#50 Posted by Levius (1230 posts) -

I guess my copy of Strange Journey is sort of rare over here in Europe, but I can't say I own anything legitimately rare.