• 191 results
#51 Posted by GunstarRed (5180 posts) -

I recently just got The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, it's definitey gettable, and I hear it's much rarer in the US than here, but I definitely spent a questionable amount on it. Mega Man legends 2 seems to be quite hard to get now also.

#52 Posted by Sergio (2123 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

I don't know about rare, rare is hard to judge. In terms of value; has to be my complete boxed copy of Chrono Trigger, map and all. I think that goes for about 130-140 on eBay. I have Final Fantasy 3 with a beat up manual, but I lost the fucking box a decade ago. Super Mario RPG which is about a 70-100 dollar game. After that, most of my stuff is in the 30-40 maybe 50 dollar range. I have all the Shin Megani Tensei PS2 stuff, a lot of them sealed (I found a sealed copy of Nocturne the other day). I have Shadowrun for the SNES which goes for about 40 bucks usually, I got it for 30. My roommate used to own Earthbound, Valkyrie Profile for the PS1, and Ogre Battle 64. Now he's lost almost all of them in his dad's attic save Ogre Battle 64. What an IDIOT.

I lost my OB64 at some point, but it's on the Wii VC if I want to play it again.

I still have the PS1 Ogre Battle games. Not boxed, I also have ChronoTrigger, Link to the Past, Legend of Gaia, and SNES Final Fantasy games. All the Dragon Warrior games on NES. Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden I & II on PS.

#53 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@JacDG said:

I guess Valkyria Chronicles? That game apparently didn't sell well, and it took me a while to find a store that still had it when I bought it a few years ago. But I don't think it is that rare..

It sold a million, man. Not nearly what it deserved but it could easily have done only a few hundred thousand.

#54 Posted by xyzygy (9988 posts) -

@Klei said:

Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Wind Waker.

Wind Waker is rare? I got myself one of those.

I guess my rarest is probably that... I have Tales of Vesperia as well and I hear that'll be rare someday. Oh, also Baten Kaitos. I think that's rare?

#55 Posted by Mirado (993 posts) -

I've got a good amount of sealed Intelevision games. Not sure if any of them were rare at the time, but one would imagine that people don't come across many games from the 1970s in general, and even less of them from a system that only sold about three or four million units.

Now, whether "rare" means "valuable" is completely unknown to me.

#56 Posted by hermes (1484 posts) -

Saturday Night Slam Masters for the SNES

#57 Posted by vikingdeath1 (970 posts) -

Well I scooped a great $6 deal on a slick little copy of Too Human the other day, I think that speaks for itself.

#58 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

Got a limited edition copy of Ico, though since the re-release it's worth piss all these days.

Also have many dreamcast games but I also doubt they are worth much.

#59 Posted by Coafi (1488 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

@Klei said:

Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Wind Waker.

Wind Waker is rare? I got myself one of those.

I guess my rarest is probably that... I have Tales of Vesperia as well and I hear that'll be rare someday. Oh, also Baten Kaitos. I think that's rare?

Yeah, Wind Waker is not really rare, unless it's sealed. I usually see used copies of that game often in local game stores.

#61 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@rentfn

I have a copy of Earthbound. The Box and the Game and The Guide. That is about the rarest I have.

That is worth a small fortune.
#62 Posted by JasonR86 (9705 posts) -

From what I know, this game...

...is the rarest game I own. Apparently I could get $100-$400 USD for the game since I have the box, manual, and it's in great condition because I barely played it (it's really bad). It's rare because a small number were made because it came out just as the 32X was nearly dead. I think under 2,000 were released in North America.

#64 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -
#65 Posted by Svenzon (720 posts) -

I'm told the PC version of Final Fantasy VII is kinda rare. Probably the only rare game I've got.

#66 Posted by wewantsthering (1565 posts) -

Banjo-Tooie? *rimshot* Get it? RAREst?

#67 Posted by Rayeth (1041 posts) -

I'm guessing Suikoden II. If Valkyria Chronicles is rarer (somehow?) then maybe that, but pretty sure that Suikoden II is less common.

#68 Posted by jjm494 (84 posts) -

I have countless pc games from the late 90s that are probably rare, not to mention original NES, SNES and PS One games.

Off the top of my head:

1. Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol for the SNES
  2. Lufia II, Final Fantasy II and III for the SNES in the RPG category
  3. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the PlayStation One
  4. Original CD- ROM versions of Baldur's Gate's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, and Fallout 1 and 2
  5. The original Final Fantasy for the NES
  6. Sealed copy of Anarchy Reigns for the 360 ( give it a year or two).

Granted none of these games are in their original packaging which have long since been discarded, except for the symphony of the Night, which I would guess would be the rarest game of the bunch.

#69 Posted by nintendork666 (203 posts) -

Probaby Earthbound. Maybe not the most rare, but certainly the most valuable of the bunch.

#70 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

Uh... Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition?

#71 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

Um....dunno I mean I got stuff like a copy of Bioshock Limited Edition. I've also got the Limited Edition of Atelier Meruru which you could only buy off of the NIS store online for a pretty limited time. Also have a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy.

#72 Posted by loiv (31 posts) -
#73 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -
#74 Posted by Onkel_Apan (56 posts) -

Colors for the gizmondo, a game that was never released for console no one owned

#75 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11734 posts) -

I do have a pristine copy of Wizardry 7 with the box, manual and all the floppies. Don't even ask me why I have it.

#76 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1684 posts) -

I'm a bad judge of this stuff. I think my copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner is supposed to be pretty hard to find at this point. Honestly, if there are any "rare" PS2 games at this point, I probably own them, I have boxes and boxes of PS2 games. My Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for PS2 was pretty rare until they did that re-release.

#77 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

Seems like a lot of people own Earthbound.

I just wish I knew were my guidebook for that game is. I love that thing so thinking it's either gone or just lost somewhere under piles of junk in our horder room is unnerving.

I also own SMRPG. Don't know how rare that is.

#78 Posted by MorkaiTheWolf (185 posts) -

Probably my black label copy of Xenogears and my sealed Devil Summoner 2 (the edition that came with the jack frost doll).

#79 Posted by Hawkerace (280 posts) -

I have an unopened copy of Zeonic front and the first Twisted Metal, oh and Vigilante 8 for the N64 unopened.

I didn't go out of my way to get them, I just have them. Dope games.

#80 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

I have a sealed copy of Wave Race 64 my dad bought for me and my brothers when he was on a business trip to the US, he didn't know it wouldn't work in our PAL system. It's a pretty common game I guess but it is in extremely good condition.

#81 Posted by Pr1mus (3907 posts) -

Earthbound i guess, with the box and guide and all that goodness that goes for ridiculous price on ebay.

#82 Posted by BisonHero (6523 posts) -

I love how nearly everyone is treating it as a question of value, instead of whether the game itself is rare. Sealed or not doesn't affect rarity.
I guess my rarest game is Infinite Space on the DS? I had a hard time getting a copy, and I heard it had a rather low print run.

#83 Posted by Oddy4000 (94 posts) -

@Tackchevy said:

I guess the more relevant question is value.... I'm sure I have some old NES games in the closet that have fewer remaining copies than some of these, but not that many people actually want them. Anyways:

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Dragon Force

Digital Devil Saga Box Set

Suikoden I / II

Valkyrie Profile

Xenogears

And other miscellaneous RPGs. Lots of PS1s. But no Toomba or Toomba 2. They've eluded my grasp thus far.

Yay, someone else who truly appreciates the joy that is Dragon Force! Rarest game I own, and I think I'll hold onto it until the day I die. I also have Shining Force III, Shining the Holy Ark, Mystaria for the Saturn, Lunar, Lunar 2 for the Sega CD... Funny they were bringing up Victor Ireland during Non-professional Friday, I miss the stuff that guy was doing (even if it sounds like he's just another crazy)

#84 Edited by mlarrabee (2951 posts) -

Sealed, unboxed copy of System Shock or an unsealed, boxed copy of System Shock 2. I dunno, take your pick.

EDIT: Although I did just get a pristine box of Ultima III: Exodus for the Amiga. Manuals, registration card, cloth map, and all of it gorgeous, although Lord British's signature is quite brown on the floppy's label. I don't really have any rare games, so I have to go with condition.

#85 Posted by TheHBK (5485 posts) -

Let's see. I have never been one to take many chances on video games and instead let word of mouth or reviews steer me to good games unless it is a big release that I can't pass up or where previews just make it look so good.

Trespasser for the PC. Thought of it since they are doing the Jurassic Park games here. I got that, hardly played it because it looked like it was gonna make my PC at the time have a heart attack. Thinks its rare because I don't think many people bought it.

#86 Posted by Pie (7098 posts) -
#87 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Rarest for me, I think, is not the actual game but the packaging it came in. My copy of Chrono Trigger includes the original box and the large poster/map in good condition. That isn't especially rare I don't think, though. You can still buy same off eBay pretty easily.

#88 Posted by mustachioeugene (510 posts) -

WWF RAW for the 32X

#89 Posted by JFunkhouser (67 posts) -

Probably System Shock 2. My unsung personal favourite, no idea how rare it is though, is Terminator: Future Shock. That was an awesome game.

#90 Edited by Ben_H (3357 posts) -

Umm I don't actually know how much a lot of my stuff is worth. I have a ton of Nintendo 1st party stuff in perfect condition with the boxes and everything. I take very good care of everything.

• Paper Mario, mint with box, manual and all inserts (I think that is like $80 on Ebay). I also have a mint Nintendo strategy guide for it that I got with my subscription to Nintendo Power.
  • Pikmin 2 in near-perfect condition (like $60 on Ebay) 
  • Super Mario RPG cart in mint condition. I'll be holding onto this for a while because it seems to be going up in price. It has gone up $10 since I bought it in summer. Good condition copies are hard to find.
  • Non-Player's Choice Tales of Symphonia with everything, which apparently goes from anywhere from $40-70 
  • non-Player's Choice Wind Waker with the manual and all pack-ins. In near mint condition 
  • That Zelda Collector's Edition thing with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Zelda 1 and 2. I got it for free because my cousin was going to trade it in but I said I would take it in exchange for lending him my EB Edge card that gave him 10% off his purchase so he could buy an Xbox 360. Like a month later saw a store selling that game sealed for like $150, which is insane. It goes for around $60 now. 
  • Super Smash Bros. with the box and manual which is worth up to $80 on Ebay(It is actually a different cart. This was my first ever game I owned myself, before that I had just played NES and Genesis games that my brother owned. My original cartridge was stolen when I was 8 when a guy broke into our house and stole a ton of stuff. I just bought the new cartridge on Friday. It is in perfectly mint condition)
  • All the Rogue Squadron games. Rogue Squadron 2 is pretty hard to find since it was a Gamecube launch title and wasn't in print for very long. My copy is in pretty poor shape though
  • All the Ace Attorneys including the second one which is worth more than the first and the third combined. That second one was a nightmare to find. I ended up getting it quite cheap as part of a bundle on Ebay. The guy didn't know how much that game was worth so I got it and 2 other games for $40. I could sell it alone for that much easily.
  • Is a launch DS (bought in 2004) with the box and Metroid pack-in worth much?
I also have tons of old PC games. I have boxed copies of Duke Nukem 3D and all the expansions, boxed Age of Empires 2  and the Expansion (as in with the huge old boxes from 1999. I still have the manuals, tech tree sheets and everything. I will never get rid of those because it was a gift from my Grandpa), big box Roller Coaster Tycoon and expansions, tons of obscure sharewares with Doom, Wolfenstein 3D and other stuff.

Fun fact, Guitar Hero stuff (from Guitar Hero 1 to Guitar Hero 3) is starting to be worth a huge amount of money. I've seen people paying $60  for a Xbox Xplorer guitar for GH2 no questions asked. That stuff went from being almost free at stores to worth a ton because so many places threw it all out. No local stores that I have asked have ANY of those guitars anymore, even EB Games. I lucked out and won an Ebay auction that ended in the middle of the night and got a full GH2 set for $28 but that is the cheapest I've seen in months. 

Edit: Gold cart Ocarina of Time with the good Fire Temple music (that was only in V1.0 carts because they had to change it because it sounded like some religious chant). It isn't super rare but I could easily sell it for the price I bought it for like 11 years ago or so.
#91 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5477 posts) -

@Xtrememuffinman: Xenogears was released as greatest hits so isn't all that rare relative to how it used to be.

Vagrant Story and Hogs of War, though I also have Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 which is rare by PS2 standards. Probably some game I own that's extremely rare and I don't even know it.

#92 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

No idea, possibly Earthbound for the SNES

#93 Posted by granderojo (1788 posts) -

Used copy of Tetris Battle Gaiden and a factory sealed copy of Grim Fandango.

#94 Posted by bobafettjm (1487 posts) -

Rarity-wise and not value I would have to say my rarest game is probably Chase the Chuck Wagon for the Atari 2600.

#95 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

GameCube version of Twilight Princess maybe? That's a pretty lame answer, huh?

#96 Posted by Minifig (136 posts) -

Earthbound, Cubivore, and I also own the December 1994 Christmas only, Mario All-Stars that includes Super Mario World in it.

#97 Posted by TooSweet (387 posts) -

Not sure if I have anything rare. I have a decent Dreamcast collection but missing some of those real gems that make it awesome (Powerstone 1&2). But I do have Project Justice, Marvel vs Capcom, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Skies of Arcadia and Virtua On: Oratorio Tangram. Don't think these are really rare.

GBA have Super Robot Wars OG Saga 1 & 2.

SNES I have several games but I do have a boxed copy with Manual and all original inserts for Final Fantasy III.

Most of the stuff in my collection is purely just stuff I love and have collected over time.

#98 Posted by hakunin (392 posts) -
#99 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Nothing amazing. I own Star Trek:Starfleet Command 3 which apparently had a limited run due to a legal dispute between Activision and Viacom. Not sure how rare it actually is but they seem to go for more money than they should given the games quality. I also own Bridge Commander which is rare in that it is a great Star Trek game that feels like Star Trek. It seems more sought after than rare though.

#100 Posted by Zlimness (555 posts) -

I have a retail copy of The Neverhood. I know for a fact that it's rare. I have a bunch of old games, but I'm not sure if any of those could be considered rare. I have pretty much every Lucas Arts adventure games in old PC boxes.

Then I have some special editions of new games that are quite expensive and hard to find:

Bayonetta Climax Edition Xbox 360 (UK and AU only). Only special edition made for Bayonetta.

Assasin's Creed II Black Edition Xbox 360.

Mass Effect 1 Limited Edition Xbox 360.