• 126 results
#1 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -

#2 Edited by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -

Seeing that the year is almost over I thought about doing a community review of Giantbomb for this year. Like the GB ratinng system there will be no half stars for this, and at the end of the year an average will be taken based on the votes.

Feel free to explain why you voted the way you did in the comments.

Thanks

#3 Posted by COFFEESPANKS (25 posts) -

Gate GB a 4 I feel like there was some better video content last year :)

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

When does the beta start?

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

#7 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: I don't know so I wanted to do this before that because it will splinter the user base into premium and free.

#8 Posted by hussatron (189 posts) -

4/5

In my opinion, there really could be more premium content/streams, and just more content in general. At least what they do post is generally pretty good.

#9 Posted by Milkman (17028 posts) -

Story: 7

Graphics: 8

Sound: 6

Value: 8

Tilt: 9

#10 Posted by cmblasko (1282 posts) -

5/5 Giant Bomb is pretty much my favorite web site and primary form of time wasting.

#11 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2995 posts) -

I like how the voting is turning out the be about the same distribution as the site has for game reviews

#12 Edited by chilibean_3 (1657 posts) -

5 stars

While I don't believe any site is perfect, I recommend this site without reservation.

#13 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

I would rank them at about a 3. Most quick looks were skippable and TNT has been crap for the last few months but still some great moments this year. Bombcast is on par with last year. Not as good as when it was 4 but still good anyways.

#14 Posted by Sarumarine (2264 posts) -

I voted a 5 because I am still entertained by Giant Bomb. They've had some great moments this year whether it involves Jeff going to theme parks or Vinny patching Sleeping Dogs DLC through Law of the West. There's always room for improvement, but I think they're still doing good work. But that's just me. Everyone has different needs.

#15 Posted by CornBREDX (5623 posts) -

4 stars. I understand why some of the down time, but a lot of down time this year.   
They're still awesome, though, and if this whole year had been like the last couple of months or so it'd be a 5.

#16 Posted by Salarn (465 posts) -

I give them a rating of $35 for 2012

#17 Posted by Behonkiss (68 posts) -

2 stars.

Some videos are still good, but the Bombcast has turned to a flaming pile of garbage.

#18 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2025 posts) -

@chilibean_3 said:

5 stars

While I don't believe any site is perfect, I recommend this site without reservation.

And, of course:

Might be in the Top 5 QL's, and definitely my favorite QL of 2012.

#19 Posted by ManlyBeast (1159 posts) -

4 stars. 5 star if Patrick would learn to speak less in the podcast and if he wasn't in 3/4 of the quick looks.

#20 Posted by Snail (8617 posts) -

Ten out of motherfucking ten every God damn year.

Or five out of five. What have you.

#21 Posted by Mezmero (1965 posts) -

This is still my go to site for video game coverage but I still have to give it a 4/5. The personality and humor is still there but I feel like some of the video content has been better in previous years. They put out a sequel every year and they're never as good as the previous one. Personally I prefer Giantbomb Z Gaiden over Super Giantbomb 3. Hopefully unlike many of the games this year we will get a solid ending that clears up all the plot points and leaves it open for a trilogy. If the Game of the Year format is presented as the infamous video game "all-story" then I'll change my score to a 5 and name this the website of the millennium. It'll probably just be each one of the Bomb Squad members waking up from an Animus. If you guys read this keep up the great work.

#22 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

No half stars?

#23 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2036 posts) -

5/5 Would recommend!

This is really the only video game site I'll go to, now, so I doubt I can rate it anything else.

#24 Posted by CaLe (4018 posts) -

I think they have the potential to do so much more than they currently do, so I can't give them 5 stars.

#25 Posted by Pr1mus (3951 posts) -

4 stars.

It would be 5 had it been as good as the last 2 months or so. The 3-4 months following the move to CBSi have been teeeeeeeeerriiiible.

#26 Posted by Thumbrunner (132 posts) -

The lack of premium content through the first 3/4 of the year made me not renew my subscription, as I did not feel I was getting anything special for the money I was spending. The normal content has been great and seeing some addition premium content plus an every Friday show would make me want to renew but as the site stands now I say 4.

#27 Posted by Twiggy199 (499 posts) -

2 for the simple reason that i spent more time in the forums than watching content. Last year was a different story.

#28 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

A--

Would not buy from again.

#29 Posted by RVonE (4661 posts) -

I'll get back to this topic when they've gotten used to the new office.

#30 Posted by Aaron_G (1616 posts) -

4/5.

Was a pretty good, year considering all that happened this year.

#31 Posted by Cincaid (2958 posts) -

4 stars. Would be a 5 if there was an Endurance Run! (January episodes of Chrono Trigger doesn't count!)

#32 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

5/5, but prior years were 5/5. It's been a great year but the move and the designing of the new website has hurt the amount of content this year.

Still by far my favorite website on the internet and I don't regret my membership at all.

#33 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

Compared to other sites 5/5 but compared to previous years content it's been...hit and miss really so I gave 3/5.

The lack of premium content of late has been a real disappointment, I know they are busy with the new site and still with the transition to CBS but still. Not doing anything for the end of City of Heroes was just shitty.

#34 Posted by cutyoface (547 posts) -

3 stars.

I found this to be the worst year thus far but they still put out some excellent content.

#35 Posted by Peanut (954 posts) -

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

The lack of premium content of late has been a real disappointment, I know they are busy with the new site and still with the transition to CBS but still. Not doing anything for the end of City of Heroes was just shitty.

Stop. Just...everyone please...stop saying this. Enough.

#36 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

@Peanut said:

@Extreme_Popcorn said:

Stop. Just...everyone please...stop saying this. Enough.

Why? They are busy with the new site and they are still in transition to CBS.

#37 Posted by itspizza (441 posts) -

3/5. I used to watch pretty much everything they put out, now I watch 1/2 the videos at best. They have had some great moments this year, but overall the content is way less entertaining than it used to be (seems to be a negative correlation between the amount of Patrick and how entertaining their content is).

#38 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4419 posts) -

In terms of subscriber content I'm stuck between 2 and 3 stars.

#39 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -

@Extreme_Popcorn: I completely agree.

#40 Posted by JasonR86 (9742 posts) -

4/5

They've had better years but considering all the changes and everything else they did fine. Good effort.

#41 Posted by Superkenon (1457 posts) -

4. It's been better, but I'm not one to complain about something being merely "great"

#42 Edited by Philedius (204 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

WTF man!? It should get at least 9, I mean, dude WTF!

Edit: And oh yeah, I gave GB 3 stars. I find that it has been lacking a bit in premium content, and the way too much of the premium content they've produced doesn't appeal much to me, like Spookin' With Scoops and the jar videos. Give me more Pokémon Snap and SimGolf madness!

#43 Posted by Athadam (697 posts) -

5/5 overall as a website that I would recommend.

4/5 relative to their work in previous years.

#44 Posted by Mackinder (74 posts) -

4 stars! My first year being a premium member and I've already got a new code sitting in my inbox. So I clearly feel it's value. But content this year has been spotty at times for obvious reasons. Next year I'm hoping for 5!

#45 Edited by ThePickle (4186 posts) -

3/5

They've gotten back to about where they were before the CBSi move, but that doesn't forgive how terrible the site was in the months after the move. The Fortune Street TNT gives this year a full star.

#46 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -

@AngelN7: Nope

#47 Posted by aznjon12 (189 posts) -

Cute/5

#48 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@cmblasko

5/5 Giant Bomb is pretty much my favorite web site and primary form of time wasting.

#49 Posted by TheHT (11521 posts) -

Graphics: 8.43

Story: 9.67

Gameplay: 7.894

Presentation: 6.32

Fun Factor: fuck you

#50 Posted by ki11tank (682 posts) -

4, best site for "this" out there but could be and has been better. I'm aware of recent personal and business issues but that's no excuse for a higher rating of quality.