• 126 results
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By nightriff

Still a great site but a pretty terrible and boring year from them. I give them a pass during the months following the buyout and the content and TNTs they did then were still good, funny and entertaining but since the BLLSL they have been awful. Don't vary content, every TNT is a boring fps, don't communicate with premium members ever, come off as bored and miserable in videos and bombcast, the Patrick-fication of the site is disgusting and annoying, do they really want him to be the face of the site?

I renewed my subscription a few weeks ago because I have faith in them and that they will turn around in 2013, but if they stay the same I'll just stay here for the Bombcast (which will have ads by then), occasional funny QL that doesn't have Patrick and to hangout with you all.

EDIT: 3 Stars

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By nightriff

@ThePickle said:

3/5

They've gotten back to about where they were before the CBSi move, but that doesn't forgive how terrible the site was in the months after the move. The Fortune Street TNT gives this year a full star.

Fortune Street TNT was a year ago almost to the day, so you want to give them 2 stars?

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By ShadowConqueror

3. Good, but not one of their better years. The new offices and the rebuilding of the site took a toll on the site for much too long. I have high hopes for next year.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By droop

Still feels like they are getting settled in their new offices and corporate life. Heaps of amazing content, but lack of a Jeff/Vinny endurance run will always make a year fall short of 2009.

Plus one star for baby Max.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#55  Edited By ArbitraryWater

4/5. While Giant Bomb 2012 doesn't succeed at topping the heights of its predecessors, it's still a great website and fully worth your time if you so choose to spend it.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Coafi

Since I love Mondays changed so radically and they show no signs of it going back to it's original format, I gave it 4 out of 5. What? I really love Mondays.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By iamjohn

Those early months were rough; just before E3 onward has been aces. Sounds like a 4/5 to me.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By FesteringNeon

There's always room for improvement, but then again... I didn't pay for 10 months of the year, so what does it matter what I think?

Maybe I'll pick up another year and check it out. I miss the weekly live show though.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By ThePickle

@Nightriff said:

@ThePickle said:

3/5

They've gotten back to about where they were before the CBSi move, but that doesn't forgive how terrible the site was in the months after the move. The Fortune Street TNT gives this year a full star.

Fortune Street TNT was a year ago almost to the day, so you want to give them 2 stars?

No, I think 3/5 is fair, even without the Fortune Street TNT.

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By kingofpeanuts

@ShadowConqueror: I understand that feeling. Here is hoping that next year will be amazing

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By bacongames

Just to remind everyone what kind of stuff they did in calender year 2012 (with handy links for reminiscing) you can find in the subscriber tab:

Looking back on this stuff, I'm having to readjust my assessment of this year. I think the CBS move stuck out too much in my mind because goddamnit I forgot Flight Club was this year on top of Breaking Brad, Dave Fortress, a good number of Random PC Game, and a bunch of other live older game nonsense. This isn't to mention the number of hilarious and amazing QL's this year. Also, this year was the year I had my journey into the depths of the Lang Zone and a mailbag during the summer. So for me personally, this year was fucking amazing. However, I think Jeff himself admitted that we still aren't really seeing the full potential of the CBS acquisition.

Forkstik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Forkstik

I gave them a 4, i love the QL and all the live stuff but thats about it right now. I kinda fear that, in terns of video production, we are seeing less creativity. I would love to see more features that had some larger productions to them, for example more interviews with developers( that didn't take place in the GB office all the time) and, idk, something more then just QL, live stuff, and Jar time. Feels a bit to easy to make videos, i want expensive looking stupid stuff!

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By Pudge

I voted four stars. The worst time for Giant Bomb is usually the holidays when everything is coming out and the crew doesn't have time to do crazy stuff like Breaking Brad and Load Our Last Save so I feel like the feeling right now is that of a bummer for people who come to this site and subscribe for that stuff. The move certainly didn't help things either this year, and since half the holiday releases got pushed into the spring, it might be a little while before truly great video happens again.

Still, this is the greatest website of our times, and I can only imagine what insanity is coming up with the backing of CBS combined with a lack of games to play. 2013 should be a banner year.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By JoeyRavn

4 Stars. There's always room from improvement.

But 5 Stars if you take into account Team Brad.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#65  Edited By Giantstalker

2 Stars. The increasing indie focus of the site, Klepek's crusade against game "misogyny", and routine quick look incompetence are getting old.

Jar Time is the only reason I didn't just go with one star. There's still time to turn things around, so I kept my subscription going. I still remember 2008 and 2009, and to me those were much better days to be here.

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By kingofpeanuts

@Nightriff: I agree with most of what you say. I the last few months have had some pretty bad premium content has been bad for the last few months. Patrick isn't always bad, I would only say 20% of the time he can be annoying. I still don't get why Ryan only reviewed 5 games this year.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By beepmachine

I can't vote without seeing the new site.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#68  Edited By LackingSaint

4-stars this year. I think "consistent" is a good descriptor for this year; a lot of decent but not mind-blowing TNTs, pretty good video content, Bombcast was great as always, but nothing really set my heart on fire. That said, considering the huge shake-up that has taken place for the guys this year, their consistency is pretty applaudable. Looking forward to next year.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#69  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I'm going to say, on that scale, five out of five. There may be a few rough spots, but the great moments more than make up for whatever blemishes exist, and it's something everyone should experience.

Remind me not to review anything anymore.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By mike

@dennisthemennis said:

I can't vote without seeing the new site.

The poll is for 2012. You're safe.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By I_smell

Sound: 9.4
Replayability: 6.8
Reviewer's Tilt: B+ 
Overall: Green
THIS GAME IS:
12% TrackMania, 17% Iron Brigade, 43% Amped 3, 28% Saints Row the Third

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Xbox 360

For more parody videogame review summaries, keep it locked to IGN.com

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#72  Edited By Little_Socrates

@chilibean_3 said:

5 stars

While I don't believe any site is perfect, I recommend this site without reservation.

Would you say that it is PRIME?!?!?

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By EuanDewar

It was a fucked up year for them and they've done great considering

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@SirOptimusPrime said:

@chilibean_3 said:

5 stars

While I don't believe any site is perfect, I recommend this site without reservation.

And, of course:

Might be in the Top 5 QL's, and definitely my favorite QL of 2012.

Yup, definitely up there with Wipeout and Noby Noby Boy.

This year has been great. Even through all of the move, they kept up just fine and when they got content out it was all pretty solid, most of it was great.

Nation764

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Nation764

@Behonkiss said:

2 stars.

Some videos are still good, but the Bombcast has turned to a flaming pile of garbage.

There is an obvious reason for this. Something that didn't used to exist.

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DizzyMedal

Still very good and easy to recommend, though it doesn't quite live up to its full potential.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By DoctorWelch

Started out decent. Really trailed off and was pretty bad for a few months there with the transition. Now that it's back to full force, I think it's better than it's been in a while. Definitely better than all of 2011.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By forkboy

I was thinking somewhere between a 3 & a 4 sounded right & ended up being a bit more critical & voted 3. But that's at least partially in comparison to the high standards of previous years. A lot of 2012 was rough, especially with the move. There doesn't seem to have been much in the way of subscriber content lately, although things like Pokemon Snap, Brad's victories in Doom 2 & Modern Warfare 2 & the video of Drew's return from his holiday were fantastic things that make me feel content that it was $50 well spent. Honestly, one of the most annoying things of the move wasn't even the lack of content, it was the constant moaning on the forums about how this was terrible & we want everything to go back to the way it was etc. Bombcast is still very enjoyable, I still watch most but not all Quick Looks, Worth Reading is an excellent feature, & so on.

In 2013 I look forward to everything being more settled for obvious reasons, the new website being out & hopefully getting Dave back for more Flight Club action, The Raid™, more of the Encyclopedia Bombtastica, & new, entertaining features.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TEAM BRAD

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80  Edited By crusader8463

I gave it a 3. Despite what felt like more luls in enjoyable content then in the past, I still enjoyed it over all and it had some great points. I really just feel the site lost something awesome when they left the basement. I just loved having all the sites in one place to do cross overs. Plus the lack of Will and Norm is really sad. I'm so glad Will was here while he was because I never would have known about him had he not came along.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By KaneRobot

They did ok considering how crazy shit got earlier this year. I hope next year is better, though.

If it matters, 3.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By gamefreak9

4. Some quicklooks seem to get boring.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By RE_Player1

4. I would have given a 3 but I'll cut them some slack, they are still getting used to the new offices.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By toowalrus

Have there been 50+ bombcasts this year?

5/5

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#85  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

I seem to come here about every day to see if new content magically appears. At is far from perfect but I give GB a 5/5.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By devilzrule27

2 out of 5 but I'm a harsh judge. Video content was slim pickings for a good chunk of the year, and yes i know there was little they could do about it expect perhaps plan the move better, and premium content has gotten stale and has pretty much dried up outside of Jeff doing his Jar show. I feel like there was a lot less "we're gonna stop what we are doing and start playing random dumb video games" type streams and what not. Hopefully that picks back up next year. And hopefully there is more worthwhile premium content in the future cause I'm not really seeing the value in the subscription anymore.

Still love the site and think it's great.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By PillClinton

@gamefreak9 said:

4. Some quicklooks seem to get boring.

Indeed. I don't know if it's just me that's changed, or the QLs, though, as this didn't used to be case before.

kingofpeanuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By kingofpeanuts

@KaneRobot: I agree, if next year continues being lacklustre then I think I will not renew at the BLLSL.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#89  Edited By csl316

I wanted to go 7 out of 10, but was forced to go 4!  Lots of growing pains this year, obviously, but they've gotten settled and have been doing awesome stuff for the past two or three months.

But god damn, I miss the Whiskey basement and having everyone around.

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By EricSmith

Five Stars for the podcast alone. 300 Quick Looks, and great, unique subscriber content most weeks topped it off. Sure, I may have had a bunch of issues with the site the last couple weeks, but a small flaw doesn't detract from what they bring on a weekly basis.

Also, I love the new ILM.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Karl_Boss

Giantbomb has a lot of promise, but nothing in this website works out nearly as well as you'd hope.

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Trainer_Red

4/5

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3/5 While Giant Bomb is still a great site, content this year was pretty slow. I know the move had a lot to do with it, but subscriber content has been really thin since then, and regular content only recently started picking up again. However, I'm optimistic that once the new site rolls out things will get better.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By prestonhedges

@President_Barackbar said:

3/5 While Giant Bomb is still a great site, content this year was pretty slow. I know the move had a lot to do with it, but subscriber content has been really thin since then, and regular content only recently started picking up again. However, I'm optimistic that once the new site rolls out things will get better.

Don't worry. Once they get settled in from their move to the CBS offices, things will pick up.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#95  Edited By solidwolf52

I think the CBS transition brought things down for a while mostly just dues to the transition time. I also miss Will and Rorie. But i still think the guys produced quality content given the situation

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Nekroskop

3 stars.

Too much Patrick in Quicklooks(although if you pair him with Vinny he calms down.)

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#97  Edited By Snail

@Phatmac said:

NEVER GETS OLD.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

3 Stars

No endurance run takes away a star and a real lack of premium content takes away another.

Really dislike the 2 game TNT aswell, this week for example 2 games pretty much exactly the same would of prefered all 4 staff to be in the co-op for Far Cry 3. Would of been way more fun.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Sploder

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Clonedzero

3 stars.

it was a pretty meh year really. nothing great or standout. i think the move hurt them more than they'll admit.