#1 Edited by Dr_Cash (332 posts) -
#2 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

And I myself was a little surprised that someone fucking cares about this.

#3 Posted by Dr_Cash (332 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"And I myself was a little surprised that someone fucking cares about this."

I did not go looking for this but this is by far the best comparison and when I saw it I was like WOW it is a difference especially in some areas with the jagged AA and deffiantly some washed out textures.
#4 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

I own both systems and I'm getting the PS3 version. I could care less, honestly.

#5 Posted by Ujio (565 posts) -

Since your other thread got locked I'll go ahead and post this here while I can before this one inevitably gets locked as well. Enjoy:

#6 Posted by bulletclip6 (131 posts) -

troll time once again.

#7 Edited by Wolverine (4276 posts) -

The 360 version looks a little better.

#8 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

What exactly is wrong with this thread? The last one was obvious dickery and bullshit, but this one seems to be a thread trying to provoke discussion about the 360 vs. PS3 versions of RE5. What's so bad about that?

#9 Posted by LiquidPrince (15841 posts) -

360 does look a bit better, but the PS3 has no screen tearing. I can't tell which I like better...

#10 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"360 does look a bit better, but the PS3 has no screen tearing. I can't tell which I like better..."
Your blue username tells me which one you like better. :)
#11 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

For fucks sakes.

#12 Edited by LiquidPrince (15841 posts) -
Sleepy_Insomniac said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"360 does look a bit better, but the PS3 has no screen tearing. I can't tell which I like better..."
Your blue username tells me which one you like better. :)"
I have a 360 and a PS3... I just prefer PS3...
#13 Edited by KamasamaK (2407 posts) -
Dr_Cash said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
I did not go looking for this"
Yes you did.

Wolverine said:
"The 360 version looks a little better."
Clearly, though I'm almost afraid to agree because I know the OP gets off on it. The Xbox 360 has a built-in advantage for anti-aliasing, and it shows as with most games. I guess the fact that the PS3 version of the engine started development a year later doesn't help either.
#14 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Sleepy_Insomniac said:
"LiquidPrince said:
I have a 360 and a PS3... I just prefer PS3..."
Well, same here, which is why I'm getting the PS3 version!
#15 Posted by LiquidPrince (15841 posts) -
Sleepy_Insomniac said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Sleepy_Insomniac said:
"LiquidPrince said:
I have a 360 and a PS3... I just prefer PS3..."
Well, same here, which is why I'm getting the PS3 version!"
I'll probably end up getting it for PS3 as well, simply because I like scratch resistant discs as well as the fact that I have online for my PS3, but not my 360.
#16 Edited by GioVANNI (1285 posts) -

Um, it's not like he's saying the 360 always looks better and the PS3 is shit, he's just posting a comparison. 

#17 Edited by Luke (1609 posts) -
#18 Posted by GioVANNI (1285 posts) -
Luke said:
"Dr_Cash, did you get lost on your way over to GameSpot.com?

This is GiantBomb.com.  A place were people change their Icon, Picture, Banner, write intelligent Blogs and update their Status... oh, and we make Wiki Entries too for Points, not just make System War Posts in the Forums.

Here's a direct link so you don't get lost again:  http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=909102864&tag=platform-forums;title;7"
What does GameSpot have anything to do with RE5 PS3 360 comparisons!? 
#19 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

@ GioVANNI:  Dr_Cash is constantly posting in the wrong Forums, first and foremost, and his wording is always biased towards one system (XBOX360).

This post should either be posted in the 360 Forums where PS3 only owners don't have to see this thread, so the 360 crowed can celebrate to themselves, or at the very least be in the Resident Evil 5 Forums.  Posting something like this in the PS3 Forums or General Discussion would be (is) a dick move and is something an immature person would do on GameSpot.com.

It would be nice if Dr_Cash would just post positively and intelligently about Resident Evil 5 as a game, in the correct Forums, and not try to raise the ire of others that may only own one system or the other; as he has constantly done in the past.

#20 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Well, it's in the General Discussion forums now, isn't it?

Problem solved.

Anyways, if I did get RE5 I'd get it on the Xbox 360, purely because I don't have a PS3. If you are a proud owner of both systems then it boils down to personal preference. Graphical and technical factors are to be considered, just not as much as people are making it out to be. Graphically the Xbox 360 and PS3 are very similiar and has very little differences, one has better anti-alising (Xbox 360) and the other I think has better texture (PS3). I do notice however a lot more Xbox 360 version of the games run more smoothly for some odd reason, probably because of how the game was coded or developed (it's harder to develop for PS3). Nonetheless it's minor factors.

#21 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

The link provided was incredibly in-depth and intelligent, citing the technical differences with something more than a botched GameTrailers comparison video. I see no reason why this thread should be locked.

#22 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

The other thread got locked? I missed that. Dr_Cash has taken it upon himself to fly the flag for Resident Evil 5 for some reason. It didnt need it. And now I guess we know which particular console he bought it for.

RHCPfan24 said:

Unless there is some sort of horrible defect to report one console or the other I share RHCPfan24 views here.

#23 Posted by Dudacles (1442 posts) -

Man, why won't Cash get banned?

#24 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

I will be getting it on the xbox since I got all my friends on it.
If I had a ps3 I still get it for the xbox.

I'm no fanboy, but I do prefer the xbox

#25 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
Ujio said:
"Since your other thread got locked I'll go ahead and post this here while I can before this one inevitably gets locked as well. Enjoy:

"
...is that Hideo Kojima?
#26 Posted by Artemis_D (817 posts) -

These comparison videos are meant to spark heated debates, which I'll never understand.  I'm fine with a good debate, but the problem with that is... this is the Internet.  Oh sure, it might start off reasonable, but it always pretty much peaks with:

"LULZ, OMFG [enter console name here] SUCKS BALLS, LOLZ IM STUPID!!!1121!

#27 Posted by Dr_Cash (332 posts) -

I have no idea whi people get so upset. either A they have low self esteam with only having a PS3 so they instantly chalk it up as I'm bashing there system. Or B they just want to be the ones to start things and use me as the scapegoat?

Either way what I posted is the most indepth comparison and I think most will appreciate this. I myself had origionaly wanted to get it for my PS3 But after seeing that it runs smoother has better textures and better AA on 360. Once againg my 360 game libery grows huger as my PS3 game library starves? It's clear the 360 GPU in most case outclasses the RSX. Although i do know that the Cell out classes the 360 GPU. But I think the trend is and will remain this entire gen that most games the importent ones will be 360 as the winner.

Most said a few years ago that the embended VRAM on the 360 GPU was of no use. I think we can say that MS was very smart and this has clearly given the 360 the edge in a lot of cases for better AA and smoother texture and framerates in 99.9 percent of games.

But again both games look awsome but if you are a true gaming elitest and want the best of the best and own both systems. 360 wins out in just about all cases.

#28 Posted by NukeGoBoom (492 posts) -

Reminder: PS3 sold 360 4 to 1.

Though by that arguement Wii Play is the best game evaar

#29 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Oh dr cash, you are still a cock - everything you post is flamebait, i herebyorder you to remove your hands - forthwith you shall never be allowed near a keyboard again

#30 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
dudacles said:
"Man, why won't Cash get banned? "
That is a question many of us are asking...
#31 Posted by Dr_Cash (332 posts) -

Why for posting news worthy stuff. Is this country not based on freedom of speach?

#32 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Meh, go look at Killzone 2 and tell me the PS3 is inferior.

#33 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
Dr_Cash said:
"Is this country not based on freedom of speach?"
*sigh*
#34 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -
Dr_Cash said:
"Why for posting news worthy stuff. Is this country not based on freedom of speach?"
Im not in your country asshole- now please just stop making pointless trivial bashing threads, and go preach your 'gospel' at the bottom of a river, attatched to a rock
#35 Posted by Dr_Cash (332 posts) -
OmegaPirate said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"Why for posting news worthy stuff. Is this country not based on freedom of speach?"
Im not in your country asshole- now please just stop making pointless trivial bashing threads, and go preach your 'gospel' at the bottom of a river, attatched to a rock
"
Sorry if you get lynched for speaking your mind in your country but here in the good old USA we can speak our minds. So do not hold me resposible for living in the USA and go by our standards.
#36 Posted by Gunrock (142 posts) -
Dr_Cash said:
"I have no idea whi people get so upset. either A they have low self esteam with only having a PS3 so they instantly chalk it up as I'm bashing there system. Or B they just want to be the ones to start things and use me as the scapegoat?Either way what I posted is the most indepth comparison and I think most will appreciate this. I myself had origionaly wanted to get it for my PS3 But after seeing that it runs smoother has better textures and better AA on 360. Once againg my 360 game libery grows huger as my PS3 game library starves? It's clear the 360 GPU in most case outclasses the RSX. Although i do know that the Cell out classes the 360 GPU. But I think the trend is and will remain this entire gen that most games the importent ones will be 360 as the winner.Most said a few years ago that the embended VRAM on the 360 GPU was of no use. I think we can say that MS was very smart and this has clearly given the 360 the edge in a lot of cases for better AA and smoother texture and framerates in 99.9 percent of games.But again both games look awsome but if you are a true gaming elitest and want the best of the best and own both systems. 360 wins out in just about all cases."
You have a ps3? thats hard to believe.
#37 Posted by Dr_Cash (332 posts) -
Gunrock said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"I have no idea whi people get so upset. either A they have low self esteam with only having a PS3 so they instantly chalk it up as I'm bashing there system. Or B they just want to be the ones to start things and use me as the scapegoat?Either way what I posted is the most indepth comparison and I think most will appreciate this. I myself had origionaly wanted to get it for my PS3 But after seeing that it runs smoother has better textures and better AA on 360. Once againg my 360 game libery grows huger as my PS3 game library starves? It's clear the 360 GPU in most case outclasses the RSX. Although i do know that the Cell out classes the 360 GPU. But I think the trend is and will remain this entire gen that most games the importent ones will be 360 as the winner.Most said a few years ago that the embended VRAM on the 360 GPU was of no use. I think we can say that MS was very smart and this has clearly given the 360 the edge in a lot of cases for better AA and smoother texture and framerates in 99.9 percent of games.But again both games look awsome but if you are a true gaming elitest and want the best of the best and own both systems. 360 wins out in just about all cases."
You have a ps3? thats hard to believe."

Yup 60 gig model.  I also imported a DS3 controller from Japan before release so I could play uncharted with Rumble when it came out.

I'm a hardcore need the best gamer.

65in HD 1080P TV HDMI and full surround I go STRONG when it comes to my gaming.
#38 Posted by Dr_Cash (332 posts) -

#39 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

His orignal post wasn't so bad, since IGN said the same thing in their side by side comparison. But then he had to make this post:

Dr_Cash said:
You know, you would've not sounded like a huge douche if you hadn't made this post. I personally like the 360 a lot more than the PS3 for a myraid of reasons, but I have to admit that most of the good games on the 360 are also available on the PS3, and most look just as good, if not better. Just stop saying things...