• 55 results
TimJBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TimJBart

Wow thanks for doing this.  It is interesting to get a broad canvas of opinions on these games, from people who don't usually get their voices heard.

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Moeez

I like that the new Prince of Persia is sparking interesting discussions on either sides, because it's innovative design philosophy of trying to be a frustration-free experience is leaving people divided. I like when games do that, because it allows a discussion, instead of unanimous agreement amongst everyone. Life would be boring if we all took the same side :)

liquidsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By liquidsol

Thanks for posting the PoP review and thanks for the feedback on it! 

I stand by the review, and although I do think that it's a technical achievement in many ways, the gameplay design was so repetitive, that it became very frustrating to me.  It's not fun playing a game, when you know that you won't be challenged, or surprised by the gameplay one bit.  I thought it was going to get better, but I sad to see that the first hour of the game is just like any other hour of the game.  This is especially inexcusable when you have a flood of excellent games coming out (practically on a weekly basis near the end of 2008!)  2008 was such a GREAT year to be a gamer, and PoP just didn't stand out.  If you're one of the people that enjoyed the game and got something out of it (Brad's 4-star review included), I think that's awesome  I tried really hard to like this game.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By maxszy

This is nice, thanks for all the reviews. Those of you who put the time into it, I appreciate it. Even if I may not agree with every review there :)

greeble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By greeble

That Dead Space review is shit. First of all you never repair your shuttle. The one that you use is the one that flew up the colony. Also did you play the game on hard or on normal? Because I've found the game to be so much better on hard. (Much more tense, ammo can actually be a problem, enemies are fast) It goes from shooter with new game mechanic (shoot off limbs) to an awesome survival horror. Yes the game has its faults, mostly the fact that Issac has very little personality. They try to do the silent hero thing like HL2, and while that kind of works in half life 2 a First person game, in Dead Space you are third person so it just seems odd. Also he doesn't have any reactions to npcs or disturbing events around him. Compare this to Nathan Drake in Uncharted who winces when hurt or shot, and flinches when a grenade is thrown for example. Its kind of like you are controlling a robot. But really this and normal being too easy are the only real faults.

The review also doesn't discuss what it does right such as an incredible job with sound (play at night with headphones or surround sound), zero-g, vacuum  environments, the Hud and monster placement. (It doesn't feel as obvious as Doom3 for example.)