#1 Edited by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

I got sent a link to a youtube video today from my friend saying that someone has built a real Portal Turret. It seems that some student at Penn State build a real life Portal turret that can track and shoot. Well, the turret only shoots Nerf bullets... for now. Nerf or not, I want one. What do you guys think? Would you pay for one, if so how much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTSWjkXBHOs

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

This sounds a bit like YouTube spam. Improperly formatted YouTube spam, but YouTube spam nonetheless.

#3 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (708 posts) -

I'm a little disappointed it didn't have a proper shell.

#4 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Pretty cool.

#5 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (708 posts) -

It'd also be better if it was a real portal gun!

#6 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

that is awesome. just wait until there are actual real guns on there.

i just bought portal 2 on steam because it was only $6. so far so good.

#7 Posted by Klaimore (948 posts) -

He did an amazing job that's great. Also why do people bitch about YouTube spam? He just posted an amazing video with relation to a great game.

#8 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

@Klaimore: To be fair when I first posted the thread, it did look a little spammy, because I only wrote one sentence before the link, and never really added anything to spark conversation. I realized this right after I posted and I think as I was editing the post to be more acceptable, Video_Game_King wrote his comment. Not his fault. But thanks for sticking up. Also I know I should have just embedded the video, but I pasted it right from my email, and was just being lazy/stupid.

#9 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Klaimore said:

He did an amazing job that's great. Also why do people bitch about YouTube spam? He just posted an amazing video with relation to a great game.

Because it's a short post with a youtube video. But this has some actual writing so should be fine.

#10 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Best username!