• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

I mean come on, every other major website has HD videos for free.

I know giantbomb does not have ads and HD videos are a way to get more subscribers.

But c'mon now. This really should be a industry standard. We are moving forward and them keeping low resolution videos for normal users is absurd.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Edin899 said:

I know giantbomb does not have ads and HD videos are a way to get more subscribers.

But c'mon now. This really should be a industry standard. We are moving forward and them keeping low resolution videos for normal users is absurd.

Dude...where have you been for like....the last..how many months? 
#3 Edited by Melvargh (504 posts) -

Host and stream hours and hours of HD videos every week to thousands of people and let me know how much it costs you.

Thanks.

#4 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@Melvargh: Dude, please don't make a excuse for this.

#5 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
@Edin899 said:

Dude...where have you been for like....the last..how many months? 
20 months
#6 Posted by DarkShaper (1347 posts) -

It's been like for what, a year now?

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@Edin899 said:

You obviously never cared about the feature much because it's been there for much more than a year and you just want to complain about something else the subscribers get that we don't. It's pathetic.
#8 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: Yeah i knew HD video's were for subscribers only from the start.

But really giantbomb, you have enough subscribers now and plenty of new premium features.

Make the HD video's free !

#9 Posted by RE_Player1 (7574 posts) -

I think we need a subscriber forum. Not necessarily a forum just for subscribers but a place people can post their concerns over premium content, I'm kind of getting sick seeing it in general discussion.

#10 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

really late to the party dude

maybe in a few years they'll have HD videos and 1 or 2 features free, or everything will be for subscribers....it's an uncertain future my friend

#11 Posted by InfamousBIG (3219 posts) -

REALLY BRO. REALLY.

No, seriously. Really.

That answer your question? Or was that retarded and rhetoric?

#12 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Actually i did care about the feature, and i never complained about it before,

But i noticed the big holiday season is coming up again and alot of quiclooks will be up, so having HD video's will be nice.

And what is pathetic? I can't ask y HD video's are not up for normal users? Because EVERY other website has them.

#13 Posted by onarum (2233 posts) -

Go away, seriously, maybe to one of those sites where they have HD videos for free.

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@Edin899: It's pathetic because, honestly, even if the complaints are valid, non-subscribers complaining about subscriber-only features is getting real old. 
#15 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

Ah whatever you guys are happy enough to jerk off to their voices instead of have a good look at the game.

#16 Posted by benpicko (2012 posts) -

It's not very good quality anyway

#17 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Other site's videos also don't average half an hour.

#18 Posted by CookieMonster (2443 posts) -

@RE_Player92: I'm not seeing that many threads about it in general discussion or off topic. There is usually just a fuss when they introduce something new (e.g. all that premium video content stuff). And this thread isn't a...great example for concerns about premium/non premium member services.

#19 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@Xtrememuffinman: I don't think that would matter since paying users get long video's anyways.

#20 Posted by NTM (7519 posts) -

So what? I'm fine without it.

#21 Posted by drowsap (683 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

Ah whatever you guys are happy enough to jerk off to their voices instead of have a good look at the game.

its comments like this that make people not care about your statements

#22 Posted by TekZero (2686 posts) -

I guess theres at least one person that really cares about HD video over the internet.

#23 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

You really aren't missing anything. How much better would a quicklook be if you got better resolution?

#24 Posted by Mikemcn (7011 posts) -

The only reason similar sites have HD video is because they're also plastered with ads. Even without my subscription, GB is very modest about its ad space.

#25 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@TekZero said:

I guess theres at least one person that really cares about HD video over the internet.

Yeah i do care because it's 2011 and HD video's should be standard

#26 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

I definitely agree. I don't know how many times that I have to explain that getting HD equipment is pretty cheap. Especially since they're not hiring paid actors and they're only recording in a basement.

#27 Posted by Floope (194 posts) -

Who lets the trolls out?

#28 Posted by Floope (194 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

I'm actually waiting for the Ryan Davis Live cam, so you're right.

#29 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@RobbleWobble said:

Who lets the trolls out?

I am not trolling really.

You can't say that HD video's are not standard nowadays

#30 Posted by Fribain (81 posts) -

Non-subscriber and I don't have a problem watching the videos in a lower definition. They're crisp enough for me to get a perfect sense of what's being shown.

#31 Posted by penINC (136 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

@Edin899 said:

#32 Posted by DenJ (44 posts) -

If that is the biggest issue you have in your life then you need to re evaluate some things.

#33 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

And y is everybody on the bombcrew white? No blacks or hispanics? cmon giantbomb.

#34 Posted by Floope (194 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

@RobbleWobble said:

Who lets the trolls out?

You are not entitled to anything just because it is somewhere else. If you really want to waste your bandwidth on streaming or downloading HD video, go ahead. I couldn't imagine the hell that would unleash on my bandwidth cap.

#35 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@RobbleWobble said:

@Edin899 said:

@RobbleWobble said:

Who lets the trolls out?

You are not entitled to anything just because it is somewhere else. If you really want to waste your bandwidth on streaming or downloading HD video, go ahead. I couldn't imagine the hell that would unleash on my bandwidth cap.

What the heck are you talking about? I live in the netherlands, get out of the stone age usa with your bandwith restrictions.

#36 Posted by DenJ (44 posts) -

LOL, you are not serious are you? Geeeeezzzz

#37 Posted by Floope (194 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

@RobbleWobble said:

@Edin899 said:

@RobbleWobble said:

Who lets the trolls out?

What the heck are you talking about? I live in the netherlands, get out of the stone age usa with your bandwith restrictions.

@Edin899 said:

And y is everybody on the bombcrew white? No blacks or hispanics? cmon giantbomb.

@Edin899 said:

@RobbleWobble said:

Who lets the trolls out?

#38 Posted by drowsap (683 posts) -

@Edin899: dude you seem to have been here for a while with 551 posts why make such a big deal ove HD videos its not that big a deal and if it bothers you that much get a premium membership its only like 5$ a month you seem to like the content so why not help them out

#39 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@drowsap said:

@Edin899: dude you seem to have been here for a while with 551 posts why make such a big deal ove HD videos its not that big a deal and if it bothers you that much get a premium membership its only like 5$ a month you seem to like the content so why not help them out

I would help them out if they got iDeal so i can pay online.

I don't feel like putting money in my paypal account.

#40 Posted by drowsap (683 posts) -

@Edin899: Why not get a prepaid visa card for 50$ thats a full year and you dont have to worrie about any over draft

#41 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

Holy crap. I have not realized this either. As a matter of fact I think Norman Chan is the only person that is not white in the entire Whiskey Media office. I could be wrong though.

#42 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Member: What's up with this featu...

Paid Member: UR A TROLL

#43 Posted by DonPixel (2604 posts) -

@Xtrememuffinman said:

Other site's videos also don't average half an hour.

Also other site's videos take a half an hour of advertisement to get to the actual video you trying to watch.

#44 Posted by SSully (4276 posts) -

Besides gametrailers I don't know of any gaming website that has good HD videos. Last time I checked gamespot has HD as a subscriber feature as well.

#45 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

Because blacks and hispanics aren't allowed to play video games, obviously.

#46 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@drowsap said:

@Edin899: Why not get a prepaid visa card for 50$ thats a full year and you dont have to worrie about any over draft

You think im going to dive in those waters?

#47 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart: So true

#48 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

Member: What's up with this featu...

Paid Member: UR A TROLL

I couldn't put it in better words.

#49 Posted by NickLott (793 posts) -

@ch13696 said:

@Edin899 said:

Holy crap. I have not realized this either. As a matter of fact I think Norman Chan is the only person that is not white in the entire Whiskey Media office. I could be wrong though.

That's not true at all.

#50 Posted by Edin899 (629 posts) -

@SSully said:

Besides gametrailers I don't know of any gaming website that has good HD videos. Last time I checked gamespot has HD as a subscriber feature as well.

Gamespot has free hd videos. So does IGN.

I do get they have ads, but let's be honest giantbomb is not a small website anymore. They can put out HD video's easily.