#1 Posted by logicbombx (9 posts) -

I love the giantbomb crew but you sound like a bunch of ignorant brats when you bash gamestop. All retailers suck, they all want your money but retailers like gamestop have helped the widespread acceptance and success of gaming. The giantbomb crew have careers in this field because of these retailers. I'm sorry if they have not always had pleasant experiences shopping at gamestop but the company employs thousands of people that are enthusiastic about gaming many of whom are trying to make their careers in gaming or possibly trying to support families. So when the crew bash gamestop i find their attitudes very disrespectful to these hardworking people that are partly responsible for eating job

#2 Posted by Bocam (3705 posts) -

Most of them had careers before gamestop was a thing.

#3 Posted by Bocam (3705 posts) -

Also what is a "eating job"?

#4 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

Gamestop blows. They will be out of business when digital distribution gets bigger

#5 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

Well , most of the time Gamestop deserves to be bashed.

#6 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

when I ask the guy behind the counter that I want ninja gaiden 3 when it is released. His response should not be 'did you pre-order?'

#7 Posted by logicbombx (9 posts) -

Sorry, posted from my phone, i meant creating their jobs. And when i read their comments or hear them talk this way on he podcast it makes me want to cancel my subscription with giantbomb.com

#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

I don't know if I've ever really heard them bash Gamestop.

#9 Edited by Hero_Swe (1124 posts) -

rrrrrrrrrrrrrright...Completely ignoring any of their past history... 

Also, those who work at gamestop and do the stuff that are asked of them are part of the problem. So they can GTFO too.
#10 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4689 posts) -

@logicbombx said:

Sorry, posted from my phone, i meant creating their jobs. And when i read their comments or hear them talk this way on he podcast it makes me want to cancel my subscription with giantbomb.com

Cancel it then, you won't be missed.

You have no entitlements.

#11 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

This is the same kind of logic that leads people to believe that having a problem with America's foreign policy is the same thing as hating the troops. Maybe you should get a red and black magnetic ribbon for the back of your car.

What's amazing is that someone spent $5 on a troll account.

#12 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Wow, some of you folks are jerks.

#13 Posted by benson (318 posts) -

@Bocam said:

They are job eaters. Gamestop is the sole responsible for the current unemployement crisis.

#14 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:

@logicbombx said:

Don't be such a dick.
#15 Posted by onarum (2063 posts) -

What's with all the gamestop suits creating accounts to rep for their shitty store lately?

#16 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Bocam said:
Meet me out back in five minutes.
#17 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4689 posts) -

@TheGreatGuero said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@logicbombx said:

Don't be such a dick.

I'm not, I'm merely stating that he GB is not entitled to his money, and he is not entitled to their content. How am I being a dick?

#18 Posted by PK_Koopa (583 posts) -

Am I missing something here? The only person that's "bashing" Gamestop seems to be Alex Nevarro, and even then I wouldn't really call it that. I haven't seen the latest bombcast though.

#19 Posted by SexualBubblegumX (542 posts) -

You know you could just ignore people's opinion on gamestop if you don't like it.

#20 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

@logicbombx: are you a Gamestop employee ?

is your mom a Gamestop employee ?

#21 Posted by Koshka (187 posts) -

I'm quite antigamestop, and I don't think there's anything wrong with being against a corporation that has done some not so savory things to consume its competition, but that has absolutely nothing to do with their employees and you're conflating the two.

#22 Posted by TheHT (11089 posts) -

Gamestop definitely didn't create their jobs.

#23 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:

Fuck off then.

@GunslingerPanda said:

I'm not, I'm merely stating that he GB is not entitled to his money, and he is not entitled to their content. How am I being a dick?
Oh, okay.

I must have just completely been out of line with that assumption...
#24 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -

Why wouldn't they bash them? They just took part in a huge controversy.

#25 Edited by Brodehouse (9770 posts) -

Gamestop actually has little to do with mainstream acceptance of games, Sony and Microsoft (especially Live) have way more to do with that. As for retailers, Gamestop's business practices can be an annoyance to the customer, and are a complete disturbance to the publishers and developers who fund and build the games we love. Amazon and Best Buy perform the same consumer functions as Gamestop and do it better, and they don't screw over the people who actually make the games.

I'm going to spend money on games, I want my money going to the people who are responsible for them. Gamestop have no hand in creating the games I love, I don't want my money going to them.

As for Gamestop employees, I have no ill will towards them. I feel bad for them, because having to beg for warranties and strategy guides has to suck. Also, my girlfriend works for Gamestop. Doesn't change how I feel about their business practices.

#26 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Some Gamestop staff is pretty bad, just like any other retail or large service franchise out there (McDonalds, BurgerKing, Best Buy etc..)

Said so with the current state of economy I don´t really dig this "Silicon Valley" mindset, The states has already dumped his industry in the favor of China, Mexico, India, Centro America and so on.. Now some people in Silicon Valley seem to think that dumping all major retail companies is a sign of "progress".

Keep the good work and soon unemployment is going to be as bad as Greece, Because you know College is uber cheap and the state support for eduction is overwhelming, and everyone is getting hired in High Tech jobs at Cupertino.. right?

Also other than some Ryan complains about Best Buy and the Alex article I haven´t heard the Crew bashing retail per se. I have red a lot of pro dying of retail stuff in a lot of silicion valley related publications thou.

#27 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -

The only gamestop bashing I can really think of is that article Alex wrote, and it was obviously tongue in cheek. If this was twitter I might write #getasenseofhumor

#28 Posted by logicbombx (9 posts) -

I've heard them bash gamestop plenty of times on the bombcast. I have also heard them talk about wanting to be considered serious journalists, i'm sorry but there is no room for petty personal opinions in serious journalism

#29 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

@TheGreatGuero said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@logicbombx said:

Don't be such a dick.

Because do you speak for Giantbomb now? Maybe Giantbomb will miss his $50.00

#30 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Aren't there quests for getting a mod to look at your profile and to post in a thread you created? Maybe that's what's really going on here...

#31 Posted by Koshka (187 posts) -

@DonPixel: I can understand where you're coming from, but gamestop would be replaced. There's still a demand for physical games.

#32 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@logicbombx said:
I've heard them bash gamestop plenty of times on the bombcast. I have also heard them talk about wanting to be considered serious journalists, i'm sorry but there is no room for petty personal opinions in serious journalism
Serious journalists? You're new here, aren't you?
#33 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

@Napalm said:

@Bocam said:
Meet me out back in five minutes.

Actually made me LOL, thanks!

#34 Posted by JEC03 (898 posts) -

Gamestop brings it on themselves big time they deserve all the shit they get, they can suck on there mountain dew and play COD or Halo and be Xtreme fuck em.

#35 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4689 posts) -

@TheGreatGuero said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

Fuck off then.

@GunslingerPanda said:

Oh, okay. I must have just completely been out of line with that assumption...

IM DRUNK AND TROLLING FUCK OFF

#36 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@logicbombx said:
Bahaha this is a joke right?
#37 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -
@logicbombx said:
I have also heard them talk about wanting to be considered serious journalists, i'm sorry but there is no room for petty personal opinions in serious journalism
Why would you pay for a month subscription when you don't even know what Giant Bomb is?
#38 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda: Hahaha, alright man. That actually got a big laugh out of me. No hard feelings, dude.
#39 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@wickedsc3 said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@TheGreatGuero said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@logicbombx said:

Don't be such a dick.

Because do you speak for Giantbomb now? Maybe Giantbomb will miss his $50.00

5 bucks he's silver not gold
#40 Posted by benson (318 posts) -

@logicbombx said:

I have also heard them talk about wanting to be considered serious journalists

Source please.

#41 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1758 posts) -

What's the over/under on how long this phase of "I don't like things GiantBomb does" threads is going to last? 

#42 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

there's this thing called amazon that's much better than gamestop. Also gamestop's business methods kind of suck

#43 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4689 posts) -

@TheGreatGuero said:

@GunslingerPanda: Hahaha, alright man. That actually got a big laugh out of me. No hard feelings, dude.

How on EARTH could I EVER have hard feelings toward someone with a Mumbo Jumbo avatar? The only emotion I feel toward you is sweet, sweet love.

#44 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@SoldierG654342 said:
What's the over/under on this phase of "I don't like things GiantBomb does" threads is going to last? 
October when games come out, and there are 5 quicklooks a day, like how it was last year.
#45 Posted by logicbombx (9 posts) -

I've followed all these guys from their time at gamespot through all their hair colors etc. Listened to every episode of on the spot

#46 Edited by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Gamestop is a large company that does not have feelings; they haven't insulted an employee. Why do you care if they dislike Gamestop who are innovators in fucking over the customer; the Deus Ex debacle being the most recent example.

Edit: Oh wait is just a rich troll thread, my bad.

#47 Posted by RVonE (4621 posts) -

What is this? I don't even...

#48 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:

@TheGreatGuero said:

How on EARTH could I EVER have hard feelings toward someone with a Mumbo Jumbo avatar? The only emotion I feel toward you is sweet, sweet love.

I know, right? And a GunslingerPanda? Sexiest thing imaginable!
#49 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

I don't get why people hate on Gamestop more than any other company. Every company does evil things unless bad PR will hurt its bottom line too much.

In fact, the worst companies are those that can do bad things that no one ever hears about it.

#50 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -

They have also talked quite a few times about having good experiences with Gamestop (like the time Jeff bought the Rock Band Pro Guitar) and have said they had great service, but it seems there are a lot of people having problems with them (example) and saying you should accept terrible service just because they are a large retail is terrible, you shouldn't support an organization that screws you over but support organizations that you feel good buying from them. I don't think they ever once said why they had once said why Gamestop sucks without giving a recent example and they never repeated an old one.

I think most of the problems comes from bad management and stupid rules like letting employees "try" games and then sell them for full price as new games and other rules stuff. Now of course there are also good employees but it seems that a lot of people had enough bad experiences with Gamestop that even when they get good service it gets overshadowed by that bad ones.

Also you can't blame the guys for having their opinions just as I can't blame you for having yours (which a lot of the guys here are really being dicks about them) but I don't think anything they said came from a place of malice or trying to screw over Gamestop but just from having a bad experience and warning others from it.