Recommend some good facebook games

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Goly

I know, most are shitty games but I don't really feel like playing a real videogame, too time consuming right now, I need something that will keep me entertained for a few minutes and that's it. Don't recommend me any of the Zynga games, I hate em. I thought about playing Romance of the Three Kingdoms, always wanted to get into that thing. Anyway, recommend.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I must admit unless you're into the whole Zynga-type thing I don't think there is a single good game on Facebook or at least I haven't found one on all the time I've been on there.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By armaan8014

Facebook sucks..  Just play pinball instead..

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By penguindust

I'm not on Facebook, but all I ever hear about on podcasts or read about in blogs is "Farmville".  Apparently, it is very popular.

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By laticsfan

I believe that "good facebook games" is a oxymoron.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

There are none.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By c1337us

They don't exsist.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Alex_V

I tried Petvilla with my daughter, and apparently it has been played by 28 million people! That's nearly as many as own an Xbox on the entire planet!!!

So to pretend that Facebook gaming doesn't exist, or doesn't have some qualities that people find enjoyable, is to bury one's head in the sand I'm afraid.

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By callumbay

I played FarmVille on it for a while last year... got pretty addicted :/ But after about a week, I stopped! It's not really that fun, just addictive.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
@armaan8014 said:
" Facebook sucks..  Just play pinball instead.. "
Pinball sucks... Just play with yourself instead...

But no really, the best Facebook game is NO Facebook game. They are all shamelessly designed to waste as much of peoples time as possible.
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By armaan8014
Yes, facebook itself is designed to waste ur time .. There are a million better things that can be done with your time
Fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Fudgeblood

Newgrounds > Facebook for Flash games.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By keyhunter

Facebook games are for women and old people.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By dbz1995

Dude, snake. Snake is all you need.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Systech

I'm afraid that I am against virtually all Facebook games. Don't even try.

War_Lion108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By War_Lion108

Bejeweled Blitz is exellent. You compete against your friends for high scores, which are reset every week to keep it fresh. There's also a chance to win prizes based on the combined scores of all your friends. 

Some of my friends play Scrabble and Farkle, but I haven't gotten into them. My mom LOVES farmville and farmtown, but I'd rather play Harvest Moon.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Vampire Wars?

mnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mnB

Aren't you able to buy your way (realz money) to a higher score in Farmville, Mafia Wars etc? If that's true, they suck. Wait... they still do.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By fwylo

I play TapFarm on my iPhone all the time and its from the creators of Farmville. But I don't have facebook so I can't vouch for Farmville.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By ProfessorEss

The only reason I made a Facebook account was to play Farmville.

My wife likes Farkle, a simple quick dice game - fits yer "couple minutes" bill.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By jakob187

Well, given that I'm into some of the Facebook games: 

Farmville - This is an obvious one, and really, it's not as bad as people try to make it out to be.  I mean, it's less of a game and more of a time-killer.  Hell, you plant some stuff, wait two days, then harvest it and do it over again.  Right now, I'm actually trying to hit lvl 10 on Mafia Wars (which isn't hard at all) to get my Hot Rod Tractor (which has super sweet flames down the sides and plows NINE lots at a time...NINE!!!).  You can totally plant 2-4 hour crops and grind XP if you wanted, but if you use it as a truly social app, it's actually quite enjoyable.  It's also great to show false enthusiasm over "HELL YEAH, I JUST GOT A FUCKIN' BANANA TREE!!!". 

Dungeons & Dragons: Tiny Adventures - This is something for the nerds, and it's not even really a game.  It's more just "hey, I'm going to click on a couple of things, then let it do the rest for me".  You can totally read all of the little adventure notes and such, which are all very well written.  Unfortunately, it is all purely chance, but it's still fun for me. 

Bejeweled Blitz - This one is a goddamn necessity.  It's addicting as shit, and it's a great spin on the classic Bejeweled setup.  Basically, you get a Bejeweled board that will always have at least one match on it, and you've got a minute to get the highest score possible.  There are a couple of little things to it, though, that make it rock more than regular Bejeweled.  Since you only have a minute, you can move pieces while cascades are happening, and the more cascades or bigger explosions you get on a board in a consecutive row, the more multipliers will show up.  It also has leaderboards with your friends that are reset every week, so there's definitely that old arcade "beat my higher score, bitch" competition to it.  I love the shit out of Bejeweled Blitz. 

Ponzi - This one is just evil.  You get a skyscraper, and as you level up, you get all these perks.  Some do good things that level you up, while some allow you to write graffiti all over your friends' buildings.  There's definitely an evil mastermind frame of...mind...that goes along with this.  Again, a time-killer, but man...it's a devious one. 

Cafe World - This seems to be popular amongst my friends, although I haven't started playing it.  Basically, it's another Zynga game, but you are building your own restaurant.  It seems like less of a "I can sit back and let it do its thing" and more of an actual game that requires some more attention being paid to it.  Regardless, it looks pretty sweet, and I've been considering starting it up. 

World Domination - I play this one, but it's got a lot of action in the beginning, but it definitely turns into a "wait back for a week, build up money, then conquer two or three more places and wait another week".  Basically, you've got 236 countries to overtake, and once you do that, it's game over.  I've got a buddy that has played it for a few months, and he still hasn't beaten it.  There's a little bit of dollar-for-dollar math that goes into purchasing your army units, but overall, it's a fun little game. 

Farkle - Haven't played it, but I've heard good things about its addictive properties and well as gameplay. 

Hopefully, this helps a bit.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

i play snake but i think u can probably find snake on a flash website instead of facebook.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I don't really think those qualify as "games", but I don't have Facebook. I've just seen my brother's girlfriend playing them. It seems that many of them force you to pay REAL MONEY to get otherwise unobtainable, special items. That's just wrong, dude. That's a move straight out of EA's playbook. Janky.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By JJOR64
@Fudgeblood said:
" Newgrounds > Facebook for Flash games. "
Agreed.