This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mdk5631 (65 posts) -

Now that Giant Bomb is owned by the greedy manipulative CBS corporation I do not wish to participate in the community anymore,

Is there anyway to get a refund for a year long membership that was purchased six months ago?

I emailed Wiskey Media support and got no answer (big surprise)

Has anyone else ever had trouble canceling a subscription?

Thanks!

#2 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This is really dumb.

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I used to own a dog, but it died. But now I have a new one, and he's cool. Sometimes I wish I were a dog so I could lick my balls.

#4 Posted by Miles (15 posts) -

make a thread about it

#5 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

There is nothing like a barbequed hot dog god damn!

#6 Posted by Mdk5631 (65 posts) -

@CL60: Sometime I wish I was a dog so I could go fuck yourself

#7 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@CL60: I wanted to link a picture of Big Bo and say SWEEEET so bad right now but Im told it is against the rules here at Giant Bomb.

#8 Posted by fisk0 (3999 posts) -
The Whiskey Media subscription terms of servicehas this to say: 

Cancellation of Subscription; Refunds

Your subscription cannot be cancelled before the end of your current subscription period and any cancellation rights are waived. Subscription fees are non-refundable.

So, no, you probably won't get a refund, especially not when you're halfway through the subscription already, but it shouldn't be any problems cancelling your subscription in order to avoid a renewal at the cancellation page: https://auth.whiskeymedia.com/cancel/
#9 Posted by SSully (4152 posts) -

@Mdk5631 said:

@CL60: Sometime I wish I was a dog so I could go fuck yourself

#10 Posted by MonetaryDread (2007 posts) -

@CL60 said:

I used to own a dog, but it died. But now I have a new one, and he's cool. Sometimes I wish I were a dog so I could lick my balls.

#11 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Terms of Service is one thing, I think the guy is entitled to his money back if he bought a membership in the last few day. The people who bought a Tested membership just for the BRICKED series would also be hella pissed with it all being free now.

#12 Edited by fisk0 (3999 posts) -
@Zero_ said:

Terms of Service is one thing, I think the guy is entitled to his money back if he bought a membership in the last few day. The people who bought a Tested membership just for the BRICKED series would also be hella pissed with it all being free now.

Yeah, most credit card companies, paypal etc have a few days (is it 10 or 14?) when you can cancel many purchases. But halfway through a 12 month subscription is most likely beyond what would be considered reasonable.
#13 Posted by Cramsy (1166 posts) -

hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahah

#14 Posted by alternate (2694 posts) -

The OP bought it 6 months ago. If anyone did buy a sub via Tested then maybe BB should refund the money?

@Zero_ said:

#15 Posted by believer258 (11776 posts) -

You're six months in and you want your money refunded because of a decision made so that the website can keep existing?

Even the most honest business owners should laugh their ass off at that one.

#16 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Hahahahaha. Man. You are a fucking idiot.

#17 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

You probably didn't get an answer because you contacted the wrong company. The company you want is Whiskey Media. Glad that I could help!

#18 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

gee. all he asked was if he could get a refund of his subscription. he didn't insult the community or the site, so i fail to see why insults are even necessary even if his reasoning could be considered questionable. :/

#19 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

People are still upset about this? I'd think that after how much the guys have talked about they happy they are with the move that more fans would be comfortable with it as well. At least wait for something to change before turning on them so quickly.

#20 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

@AjayRaz: But he did insult the site by insinuating his lack of faith.

#21 Posted by Maajin (1057 posts) -

@Mdk5631 said:

Now that Giant Bomb is owned by the greedy manipulative CBS corporation

Because as we all know, Whiskey Media was a non-profit organization.

#22 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

@chrismafuchris: a lot of people feel negative towards the whole situation, and if they're not willing to stick around to see if things work out, so be it. it's their loss (or gain), and i don't think such negativity is necessary towards those who feel that way.

that's just how i feel, anyway. you're free to act how you wish.

#23 Posted by Miles (15 posts) -

@MKHavoc: well I can sort of understand the reason, I mean it's not like they need the money now that they're owned by one of the biggest corporations on the planet, so might as well support someone else who actually needs the money. for myself, I think $5/mo is worth it simply for the extra vids. hell, I'd pay $10 for jar time alone. but certainly that 'supporting the indie game site' feel is gone.

#24 Posted by JasonR86 (9653 posts) -

@Mdk5631:

I wouldn't hold out hope. You're still getting privileges that I don't have access to. You signed an agreement to pay up to a certain point and I'm sure somewhere in that agreement there was something mentioned about refunds. Nothing has changed since the new ownership has taken over.

#25 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Well I'll have a refund too then. Not because the site changes bother me, just because I like money.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#26 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4362 posts) -
#27 Posted by Miles (15 posts) -

man I wish I could switch cell providers halfway through my term because they got a new CEO.

#29 Edited by Trace (3553 posts) -

Unfortunately, per the Terms of Service:

Refund Policy
We do not offer refunds of any kind at any time. If you have a problem with billing, paid account features or delivery of your T-Shirt please contact us.

This isn't to say that you won't be refunded, but Giant Bomb/Whiskey Media have no obligation to do so, since you paid one fee ahead of time for a year's worth of service. The Terms also state that they reserve the right to "change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of our services," so there's that.

Since this appears to be degrading into more hostility between users than useful information, I'm going to lock this down.