• 81 results
banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By banishedsoul1

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/352878/nintendo-wii-u-launch-price-will-pleasantly-surprise-people/

This is pretty good news i guess. Very tempting to buy the system even tho the specs are poop. Still looks a bit better then the 360 tho which is a step forward. What price would you pay for it? Reggie said he wants the system to be mass market ready. 250$ would be a day one buy for me.

I am sure the spec snobs will bash it and the haters will make up insanly dumb reasons to why the controller is bad. But it seems like it will be a good produt for the price. Not sure if it could take on ps4 but rumore has it its going to have a poopy amd apu and only 2gbs ram.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

If its a really great price, I hope they have enough units shipping. I remember it was near impossible to find a Wii when it first launched.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, as a crazy person I've known that I would be getting a Wii U at some point, so a decent price point might result in my getting one close to launch, rather than waiting.

Speaking of which, I should probably buy a 3DS at some point.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

I'll buy one when they've got the games. Right now, I'm just NOT in the mood for another Mario game, and I can play Darksiders, Assassin's Creed, Batman etc. on my PC. I've never played Pikmin, but I doubt it'll be a system seller for me.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nintendoeats

I dunno, if it's 250 bucks I could get one for christmas. I don't know why I would do that, but I could.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By tourgen

$199, anything higher and meh.

I think it's kind of a cool piece of hardware. I'm not 100% going to get one, but probably, eventually. I can't wait to see the release lineup and hear real, specific plans for what devs will do with the controller.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Aetheldod

I guess if the Wii U is on par with the current systems then the same price tag should apply , well I think so but who knows , my estimate will be at $300

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus
@Aetheldod said:

I guess if the Wii U is on par with the current systems then the same price tag should apply , well I think so but who knows , my estimate will be at $300

Yeah, but an xbox doesn't come with that ridiculous controller, which probably costs as much as the system itself.
JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Is it possible to be surprised when your body is ready?

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NekuCTR

Loss leading on a console that many people fully expect to bomb in the worst way possible? Man, it's like Nintendo wants to follow in Sega's footsteps.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EuanDewar

I bet reggie just slips it in when you're least expecting it

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By williamhenry

@banishedsoul1 said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/352878/nintendo-wii-u-launch-price-will-pleasantly-surprise-people/

This is pretty good news i guess. Very tempting to buy the system even tho the specs are poop. Still looks a bit better then the 360 tho which is a step forward. What price would you pay for it? Reggie said he wants the system to be mass market ready. 250$ would be a day one buy for me.

So it being better than current gen consoles is all you need? Why not just wait the extra year and get a 720 or PS4 instead of just an incremental increase in specs with the WiiU? Or just get a PC which will probably be better than the WiiU.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By GunstarRed

I'm sure the price is great, the part where they probably want you to buy Nintendoland separately not so much.

banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By banishedsoul1

@WilliamHenry: because these consoles are old as hell. i really don't like where pc gaming is going. So a new console is all i got for now.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#15  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Five Hundred and Ninety-Nine Dollars? You shouldn't have Reginald.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Phatmac

I'm real tempted to get it cause of Rayman: Legends. So if the price is good than I may get it.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Simplexity

This system is doomed to fail. I just don't see why anyone would ever buy this thing, and I like Nintendo games.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By The_Nubster

No matter what they do, this won't be a day 1 buy for me. Put it at $250 and I'll think about getting one when Rayman and Zelda are available. From there, I maybe might perhaps may pick up other games, and that's only if the Orbis and/or Durango don't entice me with their announcements.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By CL60

I want one just for that Lego game.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Spoonman671

I already have a PS3 and a Vita, so I feel like that whole screen in your controller thing is already possible for me.  In fact, that's how I plan on playing Guacamelee when it comes out.  Hopefully the Vita picks up in popularity and allows for this to be a widespread feature on the PS3 and PS4.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Unless they come out with a new Muramasa, I couldn't give a fuck really...

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JoeyRavn

@WilliamHenry said:

So it being better than current gen consoles is all you need? Why not just wait the extra year and get a 720 or PS4 instead of just an incremental increase in specs with the WiiU? Or just get a PC which will probably be better than the WiiU.

If you're getting a Wii U for its graphics, you're getting it for the wrong reason.

@banishedsoul1 said:

@WilliamHenry: because these consoles are old as hell. i really don't like where pc gaming is going. So a new console is all i got for now.

Where, exactly?

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By nickux

I am not very excited about the WiiU but I would consider it at $199 with a pack-in. But since that pack-in game is NintendoLand I'm still not 100% sold.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Peanut

I'm going to buy it because I like video games and playing video games and the Wii U allows me to do that.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By Hailinel

After my experience with the Wii U at PAX, hell yes, I want one, and if it's more affordable than I was expecting, even better.

banishedsoul1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By banishedsoul1

@JoeyRavn said:

@WilliamHenry said:

If you're getting a Wii U for its graphics, you're getting it for the wrong reason.

@banishedsoul1 said:

Where, exactly?

Locked down digital games i have been collecting games for over a year now. So i don't want a bunch of digital games, i want real copies. WIth real games i can trade,sell,lend and so on with digital games cant do anything. I also live in a house where i can only use rogers awful internet i get like 60gbs a month for 50$ its a huge rip off but thats all i can get. also windows 8 is looking so god awful and im a linux fan. Linux always runs way better on my pc it looks way better is way safer and is free. windows 8 is locked down and is made for tablets not pcs.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BraveToaster

It's going to take more than that to pleasantly surprise me, Nintendo. I already have two consoles that play current-gen games, I don't need another one.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28  Edited By JasonR86

I would rather be pleasantly surprised by the games that are coming out.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By nightriff

@TooWalrus said:

I'll buy one when they've got the games. Right now, I'm just NOT in the mood for another Mario game, and I can play Darksiders, Assassin's Creed, Batman etc. on my PC. I've never played Pikmin, but I doubt it'll be a system seller for me.

This, when more games come out and then I'll get one, also want to see what the PS4 will be priced at and then decide between the two

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$300 or less and I'll most likely buy one day one.

I wouldn't be interested had I bought a Wii, but since I've been away from Nintendo games for so long, I'm very ready to play some Nintendo games.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I've gotten every Nintendo console since the SNES at launch, but I think the Wii U is going to break that trend. There just isn't a single piece of software that I've seen so far to justify the purchase, regardless of price.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By AngelN7

@NekuCTR said:

Loss leading on a console that many people fully expect to bomb in the worst way possible? Man, it's like Nintendo wants to follow in Sega's footsteps.

Yeah I can't see any other way for this thing to not end up like the Dreamcast in a couple of years.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ley_Lines

They'll make a new Zelda, Mario, or Metroid and we'll all buy it, it's just a matter of when. They had my money as soon as they said, "pikmin 3". I'll guess 250 as far as price.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShaggE

Even if it started at $150, I'd wait a year. I'm just not yet convinced that the Wii U is a good idea.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@Ley_Lines said:

They'll make a new Zelda, Mario, or Metroid and we'll all buy it.

I've been a lifelong Nintendo fan, but I'm not sure if that's enough, especially considering that I'm a bit unsure of the direction those three tent-pole are headed in.

The two Mario Galaxy games are great, but Nintendo seems much more focused on forcing the "New" Mario Bros. stuff on us. I'm not sure I'd want just yet another Galaxy game either. The most recent Zelda game was a huge disappointment to me as well. It has an unbearably long and slow ramp-up, and places far too much emphasis on the motion control stuff. Then there's Other M...the only thing I really have to say about that is, "Damn it, Samus! The hell with chain of command, activate the damn Varia suit so that your skin doesn't burst into flames!"

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By vaiz

@ArbitraryWater said:

Five Hundred and Ninety-Nine Dollars? You shouldn't have Reginald.

Five Hundred and Ninety-Nine Canadian Dollars. Suck it, Kaz.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By jay_ray

$199 is a buy for me, anything more and it'll be a wait and see.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shiftymagician

There has to be a new IP that I want there or a really, really ingenious Nintendo game to make me want to spend on a Wii U at this point. I love their tablet concept but I see no games that I want to play on it except Rayman Legends, but I'm waiting for Ubisoft to cave and release it on other platforms later hopefully (albeit altered to remove the Wii U exclusive content so that it makes sense to do that).

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jams

@banishedsoul1 said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@WilliamHenry said:

@banishedsoul1 said:

Where, exactly?

Locked down digital games i have been collecting games for over a year now. So i don't want a bunch of digital games, i want real copies. WIth real games i can trade,sell,lend and so on with digital games cant do anything. I also live in a house where i can only use rogers awful internet i get like 60gbs a month for 50$ its a huge rip off but thats all i can get. also windows 8 is looking so god awful and im a linux fan. Linux always runs way better on my pc it looks way better is way safer and is free. windows 8 is locked down and is made for tablets not pcs.

I'm sorry to say but I think all of the games industry is leading down that road. PC may get there first, but once it does I'm sure consoles will be right behind if it's not a photo finish.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ThePaleKing

A "pleasant surprise" would be $200. I'm expecting more like $300 to - $350. Either way I'm not buying it until they get some decent games that don't look like tech demos...

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Chop

*Looks at 3DS*

HA! You're not getting me again, Nintendo! I don't care how cheap you make your consoles! I will not buy another one of those things at launch!

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By theoldhouse

For 200 bucks it would be damn tempting but like all consoles it wont really be worth it until about a year down the line.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By spankingaddict

$250-$350 , SOLD ! $400-up IDK

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#44  Edited By musubi

So its going to be free?

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By KaneRobot

Well it's not like Reggie is going to say "people will complain about the Wii U price." He kinda has to say that we'll be pleasantly surprised.

But they will complain. And they'll probably be right.

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Willza92

I can't believe that people are being serious about betting against Nintendo. It's fucking NINTENDO! Whatever $250 is in £££ sounds good to me. Seriously though, people think this is the equivalent of the dreamcast? Are you fucking crazy?

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Grimace

These threads always have the same sort of responses -

"If it's more than $37 and a button - no way man."

"I'm insane so I'll probably only spend about a grand."

"Unless they release a sequel to this moderately popular, low-selling game, I won't be bothering."

In all seriousness, I can see the Wii U going for about $299USD at launch.

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Rincewind

£200 with £270 bundles.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it should be less than 200 bucks with a bundle of a game and a controller.

Sorry Nintendo, but unless you can offer the Wii U for a very low price, I'll pass on it.