Regretting anything?

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ThomasP

Hey Bomber's. Just wondering if you have had consoles and game collections that you regret not keeping?

My situation is pretty bad. I've owned a NES, SNES, N64, Xbox and 360 in the past; all with massive (well, maybe not the Xbox and 360) game collections. Now, they are gone. The only thing I have left is Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars for some reason. My mother was the guilty party with my Nintendo consoles... she put them in a yard sale when I went away for university, but I myself, sold my Xbox collections.

I'm not as bummed out about the Xbox collections, but we're talking Game Genie, Super Scope, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Chrono Trigger, even PC games, as well. It's just so sad to think about.

So please, if you yourself have been in a similar scenario, please share your story; we can all mourn together.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I regret not keeping my Original Gameboy, my Sega Genesis, and a lot of old school games that I have sold over the years.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Yea, there are several games I regret somehow getting rid of. Games like Drakan: The Ancients' Gates, Rayman 3, Dragon Warrior Monsters, and several others.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Wish I still had my Gameboy Color and N64. =/

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Pretty sure this is a dupe thread...maybe?

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThomasP
@JJOR64 said:
" I regret not keeping my Original Gameboy, my Sega Genesis, and a lot of old school games that I have sold over the years. "
Yeah, I totally forgot about my old Game Boy. I'd love to play Link's Awakening, again. It's the first Zelda game I played.
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ThomasP
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Pretty sure this is a dupe thread...maybe? "
Shiza ballz.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

I just move on. Being as old as I am and having had so many consoles and games in my life, I really don't have any regrets letting them go. I always thought I was kind of a weird for not keeping my stuff. My nephew is 22 and still has his NES, SNES, N64, Playstation one and two, Xbox, Gamecube and all his games. Not me... what's next.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By bonbolapti

I kind of do regret not having a NES anymore, but only because I had the game cartridge that had 50 other games on it, that I know I'll probably never get to play again.

SaraHysaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SaraHysaro

I miss my Sega Saturn! D= Granted it died and there's not much you can do about that, but I remember having fun playing the 3-4 games I had on that thing. It was so long ago I don't even recall the titles, only that one of them was (I think) a fighting game with a little yellow rodent thing that reminds me of Pikachu without it actually being Pikachu amongst other human type characters.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Stang

I regret not keeping Fight Club on the PS2. That game was fucking brilliant!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By AgentJ

I wish I still had my SP, since playing original GB games on my original GBA kind of sucks, no backlight and all

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hatking

I had a Dreamcast with several games I loved, one fateful evening of NFL Blitz 2000 and one thrown controller later the Dreamcast would never be played again. :(
I've had other systems and collections, but none have a regret losing as much as the Dreamcast, I kind of feel like it might have something to do with it being broken while I still frequently played it, while the other systems just got old and I sold them off.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nasar7

When I see some people's game collections it makes me regret getting rid of largely everything I've ever owned over the years but on the other hand I hate being a pack rat and hopefully other people were able enjoy some of those games I traded away.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_A_Drain

Theres some stuff I regret getting rid of,  but mostly I regret accidentally breaking things, i'm kinda clumsy and just the other day I dropped my SFIV Arcade Stick TE box denting the fold out cover and tearing a portion of the hinge :\ Also I accedentally deflected a falling shelf off of my head and onto my FarCry 2 special edition box :(

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buzz_clik
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PureRok

I regret giving away my GameCube and... I don't remember what happened to my N64. I still have my SNES, and I kind of have my NES still (I have all my NES games with me, just not my NES. My grandma has that.).

That's about all I really regret... Well, I wish I still had my Game Gear, just for the novelty of it. I think I more-or-less still own all of my games, except my N64 games (I repurchased a boxed copy of Ocarina of Time recently just to own it again.).

KME93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By KME93

Pokemon red lost it in the basement somewhere and that was where I put a lot of childhood in... Pokemon red please come back

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Video_Game_King

I have this weird feeling that I'll regret my next blog. But I'll post it anyway, probably because I'm an idiot :P.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Video_Game_King said:
"I have this weird feeling that I'll regret my next blog. But I'll post it anyway, probably because I'm an idiot :P."

*Waits tentatively* I'm curious now :P
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By JJWeatherman

Duuude. Every game console I ever got rid of I now regret. Ohhh sweet N64. Ohhhhhhh why did I have to give up my Genesis! Damn I even did something with my Gamecube, I really don't remember what the heck happened to it.

Overall thoughts: ARG!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Video_Game_King
@The_A_Drain said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
"I have this weird feeling that I'll regret my next blog. But I'll post it anyway, probably because I'm an idiot :P."
*Waits tentatively* I'm curious now :P "
Let me give you a preview:
No Caption Provided

Well, it seems like I had no reason to regret or worry. Nobody's reading my blog.
lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By lemon360

in your situation i would reaquire SNES games (or emulate) and get a ps2 cause its awesomness

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#24  Edited By TobyD81

Yeah, I definitely wish I had kept my Atari 2600 and NES. Not sweating the Genesis as much.

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By birchman

I regret selling MGS2.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By penguindust

I wish I still had my old Super Pong console from 1978 but that's about it.  When it comes to games, I can't keep everything and have never found myself wanting to go back and replay a game I've finished years ago.  Who's got that kind of time when there is all this new stuff out that needs to be experienced?  On top of that, there is all the space those old games took up.  I had stacks of 2600 games in their oversized boxes, and the same is true from later consoles.  It wasn't until games started coming on CDs that the packaging got smaller.  And a lot of PC titles were even worse when it came to unnecessary space wrapped around a game disc. 

Most of all I don't regret passing on my games to a younger generation so that they too can develop a love of the hobby.  I've had a lot of fun with games in the past and knowing that others can enjoy what I've handed down to them...well, how could I regret that?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By KaosAngel

I bought a Saturn, and then sold that for a Wii.  Since then, everyone who owns another console told me about games that score over 90% on metacritic...and I feel really sad because I feel left out.

I feel like I wasted $250.  I could've gotten a ticket to the red light district here in Tokyo for that much.  :(

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ThomasP

Wow. Lot's of people have made the same dumb decisions I have. When is Vinny gonna get that time travel machine made? We've all got a big game collecting adventures ahead of us folks! Woot!

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ThomasP
@lemon360 said:
" in your situation i would reaquire SNES games (or emulate) and get a ps2 cause its awesomness "
Yeah, I'm actually borrowing one at the moment. I've borrowed friends systems my entire life. I'm going to buy one soon, though. They are $100, now. I actually have a little PS collection and purchased Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 3 and Dark Cloud for $30 today at Blockbuster. Excellent bargain find.

Edit: Sorry, that was $20 for those three games. Silly me. $5 each for Dark Cloud and Devil May Cry. $10 for Devil May cry 3. What a deal!
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Illmatic

I've regretted selling my SNES along with Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2, Bomberman, and Super Mario Bros, Bioshock, GTA 4, and NBA Street Homecourt.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By super_machine

I lost my Atari LYNX and all my games on a family vacation. Yeah I regret not being more careful.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By subject2change

My GameBoy + Games, GameBoy Color + Games, Genesis + Games and PS1 Games that I sold. All regret selling, but meh I was a kid and didn't realize they'd be nostalgic and sought after by me again.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Osaladin

My GameCube and all the games I had for it.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#34  Edited By citizenkane

I regret not having my SNES and not maintaining my N64.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i only have PC never had a console, but i sold/gave away/etc.. several great games and i regret not keeping them.

espicially:  GTA IV, Gears of War, Crysis, Assassin's Creed
BoneMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BoneMachine

I regret the fact my wife gave away my collection of original B&W gameboy games because my original gameboy no longer functioned. Some of my fondest gaming memories were with tetris, battle toads and a platform adventure game that I cannot remember the name of now.

I still have the gameboy and all of my other consoles. But I miss those games. I wish i could remember the name of the adventure game.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By flaminghobo

I don't regret so much as cannot forgive my Dad for giving away his copy of all the original Half Life games to my friend.
His dog ate the discs... /facepalm

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By mikemcn

I sold my NES as a kid because it was "broken", in reflection the Av cables were just damaged, i miss duck hunt, so badly