#1 Posted by CrazyWulf (8 posts) -

Early this morning I submitted a game I noticed that wasn't added yet (X-Com UFO Defense).   I just checked the status, and it shows it rejected.   I would understand if somebody beat me to the punch, but the game still isn't listed.     What bothers me most is how they don't even tell you WHY it was rejected.    I figured I'd get a pm or something of that nature if any submissions were denied, but I guess not.    I know it's the first day and only in beta, but that was pretty fucking lame.  (kind of pissed).

#2 Posted by Jechtshot78 (42 posts) -

Because no one cares about that crappy game.

#3 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

...Far too obscoure?

#4 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

It's already there?

http://www.giantbomb.com/x-com-ufo-defense/61-196/

#5 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Jechtshot78 said:
"Because no one cares about that crappy game.
"
There's no need for that.

CrazyWulf said:
"Early this morning I submitted a game I noticed that wasn't added yet (X-Com UFO Defense).   I just checked the status, and it shows it rejected.   I would understand if somebody beat me to the punch, but the game still isn't listed.     What bothers me most is how they don't even tell you WHY it was rejected.    I figured I'd get a pm or something of that nature if any submissions were denied, but I guess not.    I know it's the first day and only in beta, but that was pretty fucking lame.  (kind of pissed).
"
I would imagine you have to gain enough "wiki points" to add stuff, whereas editing stuff requires approval if you do not have the points, but is still accessible. Hope that made sense.

#6 Posted by CrazyWulf (8 posts) -

Hmm, alright I guess I should be happy it's on here then.   It's not listed in the game listings though.   

#7 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

if they had to reply to every 1000's of edits it would take days and days.

#8 Posted by Turtlemayor333 (510 posts) -

Yeah I've only submitted one small thing as I'm curious. Still pending, I think. I just don't want to start writing up massive information on SNES games only to have it be rejected for reasons unknown.

#9 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

If it didn't appear someone else might have submitted it before you, but theirs hadn't been approved yet.

#10 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -
#11 Posted by RabbitKarrot (362 posts) -

Apparently there still working on their search engine, some stuff that is actually there is showing up on search results...