Release dates in the game info box should be more detailed

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Many games have different release dates for different platforms. like when the PC version comes out 15 days later or when the game was released for 2 platforms and they decide to release it after a year or so, for another game... 

Assassin's Creed 2 => November for consoles, Q1 2010 for PC ... it only says november 09 

Dark Void => Jan 2009 for PS3 and PC, Jan 2010 for Xbox 360 .. it only says Jan 2010 .... THAT means GB is a X360 website which is bad :(   and the info should be more precise anyways. 

This kinda shit makes u unable to rely on Giantbomb and have to check at gamespot/wikipedia to make sure ...

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

That's why we have releases sections ( here & here for the games you mentioned) that details the releases on different platforms in different regions. Including all that information in the general information section of the main page would make it cluttered. Instead the general info section only lists the "Original US release date" (i.e. the date it was first released on any platform in the US), and more detailed release date info is contained on the Releases page.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@MattyFTM:  um.. thanks.. i occasionally make a fool out of myself, this is one of those times ^_^