#1 Posted by Mercanis (660 posts) -

I'm a subscriber, but I don't want a medal on my avatar. Is there or will there be a way to disable it?

#2 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

I dont think so, but why don't you want the medal? It shows people how awesome you are.

#3 Posted by Brenderous (1098 posts) -

Why? Why would you... what? I don't....

#4 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Unsubscribe is looking to be the only option here.

#5 Posted by _Horde (839 posts) -

Well, I am sure something could be thought of by the staff if the demand is high enough. :)

#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5520 posts) -

You can use a CSS rule so that you don't see medals.

#7 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Brenderous said:
" Why? Why would you... what? I don't.... "
He doesn't want to look like a pretentious elitist asshole. I'd understand if you can't fathom that.
#8 Posted by Nonentity (234 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @Brenderous said:
He doesn't want to look like a pretentious elitist asshole. I'd understand if you can't fathom that. "
Irony!
#9 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -
@Nonentity:  For some reason I picture your avatar saying that and it's kinda funny.
#10 Posted by alternate (2693 posts) -

They killed themselves getting it ready and now they are working out the bugs.  I am sure once they have time they will take suggestions.

#11 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@Druminator said:
" @Nonentity:  For some reason I picture your avatar saying that and it's kinda funny. "
You saying that made me picture that. Thanks for the laugh. :P 

Anyway, I would like to know how having a gold medal makes me look like a pretentious ass... I guess we should get rid of the Olympics.
#12 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

What is wrong with them? I payed for the medal and I am not going to let you people take it away. >:( 

But seriously, subscribers. Who cares? And non subscribers, just because we have a medal you think in separates the community? you guys are as equal as everyone, fuck it you are even better than some of us. 

It is a medal, leave it. I will not be happy if Whiskey take it away, when I paid for it the medal was a feature why should it be taken from me.

#13 Posted by StriderNo9 (1085 posts) -

I don't mind, with or without the medal. 

#14 Posted by Brenderous (1098 posts) -
@Nonentity said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @Brenderous said:
He doesn't want to look like a pretentious elitist asshole. I'd understand if you can't fathom that. "
Irony! "
Hah!
#15 Posted by dudeglove (7720 posts) -

I want a rainbow.

#16 Posted by Sweep (8837 posts) -

I don't want a medal. It looks goofy. A classy picture frame, however...

#17 Posted by Brenderous (1098 posts) -

I think a bit of visual flare is a nice tiny perk for members. No big deal. 

No pretentiousness intended.

#18 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Nonentity said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @Brenderous said:
Irony! "
I acknowledge my asshole-ness. He shouldn't have to be coupled with me because of a medal.
#19 Posted by adoggz (2058 posts) -
@Druminator:
#20 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" I don't want a medal. It looks goofy. A classy picture frame, however... "
Hmm. I like this idea.
#21 Posted by Brenderous (1098 posts) -
@MysteriousBob: Hey there. Do we have beef? Cause I don't want beef or bad blood.

I'm sorry if my faux-stuttering post before was dumb, and let's be honest, it was. Let's be friends. 

You play Reach? My gamertag is Brenderous. 
Mag? PSN is also Brenderous.
#22 Posted by Druminator (1676 posts) -
@adoggz:  Oh wow hahaha.
#23 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Brenderous said:
" @MysteriousBob: Hey there. Do we have beef? Cause I don't want beef or bad blood. I'm sorry if my faux-stuttering post before was dumb, and let's be honest, it was. Let's be friends.  You play Reach? My gamertag is Brenderous. Mag? PSN is also Brenderous. "
Gamertag is Mysterious0Bob. 

:) 

It wasn't personal at all. You seem like a nice bloke. I'm just paranoid that people think less of non-subscribers even though I love this site.
#24 Posted by Branthog (7469 posts) -

I'd like mine to be replaced with an enormous cock.

#25 Posted by Brenderous (1098 posts) -
@MysteriousBob: Aw man if there's subscribers that think that way, that'd be super lame. I'll add you. 

I'm only "pretty average" in terms of Reach skill. 
#26 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

I'm sure there is a way in the code for giving you all the features if you are a subscriber where you can disable the specific element that allows the medal to appear under your avatar.

But then again, why wouldn't you want a super duper amazingly awesome gold/silver medal?

#27 Posted by ajamafalous (11938 posts) -
@Sweep said:
" I don't want a medal. It looks goofy. A classy picture frame, however... "
#28 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

I WANT DEM HALOS, to hell with medals.

#29 Posted by Skywarpgold (153 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" I'm sure there is a way in the code for giving you all the features if you are a subscriber where you can disable the specific element that allows the medal to appear under your avatar.  But then again, why wouldn't you want a super duper amazingly awesome gold/silver medal? "
'cause it gets in the way of my sweet profile pic...
#30 Edited by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:

" I WANT DEM HALOS, to hell with medals. "

I know it's a Venture Bros. reference, but when I first saw your avatar, I immediately thought of Drew. 
#31 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
"But then again, why wouldn't you want a super duper amazingly awesome gold/silver medal? "
For the same reason I always turn the "Show Helmet" feature off in MMOs. 
It's gonna make my avatar look weird next month :( 
#32 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" What is wrong with them? I payed for the medal and I am not going to let you people take it away. >:(  But seriously, subscribers. Who cares? And non subscribers, just because we have a medal you think in separates the community? you guys are as equal as everyone, fuck it you are even better than some of us.  It is a medal, leave it. I will not be happy if Whiskey take it away, when I paid for it the medal was a feature why should it be taken from me. "
He's not suggesting they take it away, he's just asking if there's a way to remove it for HIM, and if there isn't, if they could add that as an option.
#33 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@Pinworm45 said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" What is wrong with them? I payed for the medal and I am not going to let you people take it away. >:(  But seriously, subscribers. Who cares? And non subscribers, just because we have a medal you think in separates the community? you guys are as equal as everyone, fuck it you are even better than some of us.  It is a medal, leave it. I will not be happy if Whiskey take it away, when I paid for it the medal was a feature why should it be taken from me. "
He's not suggesting they take it away, he's just asking if there's a way to remove it for HIM, and if there isn't, if they could add that as an option. "
Yeah I know and that is cool but I was referring to the people who wan't the medals gone all together. 

As for an option of not having one, I don't know why but go ahead. 

Sorry if I miss worded what I was trying to say.
#34 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -