• 94 results
Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sanryd

After getting the platinum trophy in Arkham Asylum I have 100% of the achievements/trophies in the regular 360 version, the GOTY 360 version, the GFWL version, and now the PS3 version.

Two questions: What the fuck is wrong with me? and What game have you replayed the most?

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By buzz_killington

I guess you really like the game. And my most replayed game is probably Max Payne 2, with I believe, 6 or 7 playthroughs.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Zlimness

Metal Slug. Want to try and finish it without taking any damage some day. I usually get to the last level, then I die 3-4 times :/

agoss792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By agoss792

Nothing's wrong with you. I go back and play Fallout 3 every 9 months or so. I own it on PS3 and 360, and almost bought it on PC the other day.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

Wow :|

I've played FFVI-X about ten to twelve times each. Pokemon Blue probably tops the list at about twenty+ playthroughs. I got Crash Bandicoot for Christmas once and played through it three times in the week that followed without getting bored. So much time well spent...

Don't feel as compelled these days to go through modern games over and over, I guess I've played all the way through BioShock about five or six times. I have played Arkham Asylum twice too, it's a damn fine game.

AdzPearson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By AdzPearson

For me, it's definitely Final Fantasy 7. I've started that game from the start four times. One of the times was due to a save corrupting, but the other times were down to me trying to collect special materia or other items that I previously missed. Despite that, I still haven't completed in full. I would also have to start it a fifth time, as I no longer have the memory card (or a PS1/PS2 to facilitate one, for that matter). One day...one day...

As for games I've completed multiple times, the only game I've done that with is Resident Evil 4. I've completed it on the Gamecube and the Wii. I think it's such a great game. I was tempted by the 360 version when it was announced, but then I saw the achievement list was a load of poo. It really was a missed opportunity...

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HarlechQuinn

There is nothing wrong with you regarding replaying a game, I guess... The 100% achievements/trophies on all versions on the other hand... ;)

I think the most insane for me would be Metal Gear Solid I played through this game four times in a row and two of the replays happened on the same day...

Then there are some of the old LucasArts adventures I tend to replay every one or two years, especially Grim Fandango...

And of course Planescape Torment, installed it again a few days ago and enjoying it again... and again...

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Phyrlord

WoW, looks like you put about the same time into AA in multiple play throughs as I have in one never ending 100h+ save of FO3 (love that game to death). I think I have played through Mirrors edge a few times, not for achievo hunting for anything, juts because the games style is really neat and memorable.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By artgarcrunkle

I play through RPGS and good older games a lot. I have a tough time replaying modern games because it's too tedious to get through the first few hours of hand holding.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Canteu

Dark Chronicle would be my most replayed game.

I play a lot of classic JRPG's and CRPG's on the regular though.

Morrowind and Fallout 3 seem to stick out when it comes to thinking about replaying.

tkozuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tkozuch

I think about this often. My most replayed game is probably a toss up between these three, all of which I play through at least 2 times per year:

Monkey Island

Legend of Zelda

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've completed Mass Effect 1 26 times, evident by my 26 available imports in ME2.

I have no clue why I did it but I enjoyed every playthrough.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grixxel

I replayed Metal Gear Solid about 7-8 times, it was the only thing I played for a while there when it first came out. I DON'T KNOW WHY

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BBQBram

Most of the games I really liked I'll play through eventually. Most notably Metal Gear Solid (gotta be close to twenty times), Wind Waker (at least ten times), GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption (completed three times, two of which were up to 100%) and believe it or not, LA Noire - S-Ranked that within a month of release.

Come to think of it, stuff like Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Batman: Arkham City I've already beaten twice too. I like to get a 100% and then experience the story arc in a more concise focused playthrough.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sanryd

@kon1312 said:

Do I get you right? You played through Arkham Asylum four times and have completed them with 100% each? Boy you must really love that game!

Yeah I guess you could say I like it quite a bit, but I can safely say this will be the last time I play it. If I'm counting right there are still 3 more potential playthroughs for separate full sets of achievements/trophies between the GOTY/Japanese versions, but it's time to lay this one to rest and do it again with Arkham City :P

Ryalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ryalm

I can really only think of one game I replayed the hell out of, and that's Ace Combat 5. They keep track of your flight time in that game, not time spent on the game, and the counter went up to 99 hours... yeah, I got that reset. I think I have a PS2 memory card with about 120 hours of flight time on it, oh god. I couldn't put the damn controller down.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By redcream

Nothing wrong with that as long as you're enjoying every moment of it. I abused Persona 3 and 4 myself I finished both twice. Also RE4.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By weegieanawrench

I've played through Half-Life 2 about 6 times, I think. I guess I just liked the setting of City 17 and the feeling of being a fugitive on the run from assholes.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mandude

I've replayed Max Payne 2 about 5 times, but other than that I've only replayed Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX after a good deal of years passed.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By 49th

I rarely play through games more than once. I think the only large games I have completed twice are Uncharted 2 and probably a Pokemon game when I was younger.

I just don't have any interest in doing the same stuff again.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By seannao

I think I've replayed the Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (and then "Crossfire" the expansion pack) the most. They were turn-based strategy games that had a lot of interesting voice clips lumped in with technologies and secret projects (Wonders) that I thought were more interesting than Civ 5's sets of descriptions and gameplay.

I mean. You could get a spy to release a biological weapon in a city and then be presented with the option of attempting to frame another nation as the aggressor.... as well as pretty much fully customize specialized units before constructing them... you could propose to the UN Council to launch a solar shade to combat the effects of global warming as everyone built more Industrial-Tile improvements.. The game just had the feeling of amazing depth and potential.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeF

the only thing wrong with you is that you bought 3 different copies of the game. :)

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Masha2932

Shadow of the colossus. The game is short and therefore really easy to replay. At first I re-played the game on normal and hard difficulties and their time attack modes as well to unlock the various weapons, parachute, masks and brown/white Agro. These days I enjoy roaming the environment just admiring everything and if I feel like it I finish the campaign again.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fetchfox

Hm, the last years I've replayed Assassins Creed II at least five times. It think it takes the top seat.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ThunderSlash

I've probably replayed MGS3 up to 20 times. I don't see a problem as long as you enjoy replaying the game.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By unchained

I replay games a lot. 

Baldur's Gate 2 is my go-to replay game. I usually do a run-through once a year. Same goes with Dragon Age. Skyrim....I've taken about 4 characters through the main quest and leveled them to 50+.   The God of War series is another set of games I'll replay on a nearly annual basis. I love replaying games, it's like re-reading books, which I also enjoy.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I've played through Borderlands and all of its DLC multiple times over. I can't get enough Borderlands.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By D0tti

Must be Max Payne 2 or Vice City. I think it's Max Payne 2, finished it at least 5 times.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By JTB123

Ninja Gaiden Black, Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space 2 have absorbed ten of thousands of hours of my life and it was fucking awesome. There's nothing wrong with replaying awesome games.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sayishere

Sonic 2 and 3, played the shit out of those

FF7, Metal gear solid, Ocarina

Yeah the usual suspects :P

thetrusammael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thetrusammael

When I was little, I would play through Bionic Commando over and over again. That game was incredible.

I must have beaten it 100 times over the years.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Redsox44

I just played through Mirror's Edge twice since I bought it on steam. Immediately started another playthrough as soon as I finished. Amazing game, I never get tired of it, now I need to do all the speed runs.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sanryd

@DeF said:

the only thing wrong with you is that you bought 3 different copies of the game. :)

In my defense the GFWL version was on sale for like $12, I got the GOTY 360 version from Gamefly, and I grabbed the PS3 version as my disc rental for having Blockbuster streaming. It's not as bad as it looks!

RockAction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RockAction

Don't tend to replay games, though there are some i want to replay but never get to with time constraints

i have played half life 2 six or seven times now; just finished it recently but this time on the computer, before they were all on 360

and thats basically it, replayed resi 4 a couple times, MGS2 a couple times, arkham asylum a couple times

want to play through GTA4 again, AC2 again and going to replay the entire metal gear saga in the summer

Stefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 27

#36  Edited By Stefan

I played though Gothic 1 & 2 about 8 times each, about 30 times through Diablo 2, 'completed' Morrowind about 4 times, KotOR a couple of times, Halo 1 like 10 times. I also replayed Zelda and Mario games many many times. 
I am sure that there are many more that I forgot (edit: like my all time SNES favorite Terranigma)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By Justin258

I've beaten Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid, and Metroid Prime more times than I care to count. Halo 1, 2, and 3 are also up there, as well as Call of Duty 4 and Half-Life 2. Jak 3, Ratchet Deadlocked, and Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal round out the PS2 games that I've beaten the most, and Crash Bandicoot 2 and Warped are the PS1 games I've beaten the most.

I don't know if this counts, but I've gotten to Xen in Half-Life 1 several times. Save for the only time that I've actually beaten it, I've never gotten very far in that area nor do I care to. The game just loses all value to me after that part. The rest of it is fantastic, though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38  Edited By Justin258

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I've completed Mass Effect 1 26 times, evident by my 26 available imports in ME2. I have no clue why I did it but I enjoyed every playthrough.

Holy shit

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CaptainObvious

I played Paper Mario like 10 times.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#40  Edited By BeachThunder

I don't usually replay games, unless there's a reason to (for example; recently, I played through Cryostasis again maxed out).

The most I've replayed a game would be Day of the Tentacle (~6 times).

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ares42

I assume we're not talking about arcade-style games :P

I would say it's either gonna be Quest for Glory or Link to the Past for me. Being a child, only having a few games and a ton of time. Things have changed.. Not to say those games didn't deserve it though, both very excellent titles.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By M_Shini

Ive played Final fantasy 7,8,9,10,10-2 from at least 3 times up to maybe 7 or so times each, tend to play 7,8,9 each every year or two, would have with 10 if i still owned a copy.

Resident Evil 4 i played something like 5-6 times give or take.

Ring Of Red i played allot although not always all to completion.

And i usually play the Total War games every few months.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Aaron_G

Some games are meant to be replayed. The Ocarina of Time I have replayed so many times on the N64 and then I did a play through on the 3DS.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By Video_Game_King

I've played Kingdom Hearts so much that the only way to get me to stop was to play it to the point that the disc stopped loading properly, trapping me in the Coliseum for all eternity.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cloudenvy

Probably Uncharted 2 for me, I've beaten that game waaaaaaaaaay too many times.

xxxlynchxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xxxlynchxxx

Quest for Glory ( Hero's Quest ) for my 8088, played it over and over try to get a perfect score. But I was a poor dumb kid then. Now I usually just play through once. Maybe twice in the case of uncharted series for a crushing run...

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SlasherMan

I don't normally replay games. I came close to replaying Crysis, but got bored halfway through the second playthrough. Resident Evil 5, but not because I love it, but just because I wanted to try in co-op with a friend after I finished it in SP. It was still fun. Portal 2 MP just to go through it with different friends. Half Life a couple of times way back when. That's about it I think...

Once the new update for Witcher 2 hits I'm going to replay that, but I don't know if it counts since it is going to be new content and stuff that I haven't seen yet (the other second chapter in the game, plus whatever additional content they've added in the past year).

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By Hizang

I've replayed the original Metal Gear Solid at least 100 times, I haven't done that in a few years but it was at that age where you don't get tired of playing the same game over and over.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#49  Edited By AndrewB

Ehhhh, there are definitely games worth multiple playthroughs. Those are the games you know you love.

Most attempted playthroughs? Baldur's Gate 2.

Most actual playthroughs? One of the Pokemon games; probably the first set (especially if you count Red and Blue as one game, since, you know, they kinda are).

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By Jeust

Personally I played Alan Wake about 13 times, mainly because of the atmosphere, characters and awesome plot. I also played the PS2 and Xbox 360 versions of The Force Unleashed about 12 times (both of them together), Silent Hill Shattered Memories about 6 times, Catherine and KOTOR 4 times, Uncharted 1 and 3, Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 3 times, Dead Space 2, Uncharted 2 and Silent Hill 2 two times.