#1 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

Is there any way to report users that have been assholes and spammed the boards?

You know who I'm talking about....

#2 Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer (303 posts) -
Met2609 said:
"Is there any way to report users that have been assholes and spammed the boards?

You know who I'm talking about....
"
Reported.

Nah actually I haven't seen anything like that. Unless I'm totally missing it. Kinda alarming.....
#3 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -

Not currently. The best thing we can do now is give them a negative rating and not bump the threads by posting in them.

#4 Edited by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -

Not right now. There is only a limited amount of staff members right now and until they appoint mods who will take the reports into action then they probably won't make a moderation button.

#5 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

no you could try pm a staff member or the one mod, but yea dawhiteasian will be gone as soon as possible

#6 Posted by davecuk (158 posts) -

I'll go out on a limb and say you think DaWhiteAsian needs a kick in the teeth?

If so, I completely agree.

#7 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

There haven't been any established moderation tools yet.  The staff is still working on features for Giant Bomb.

#8 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -
banksrob said:
"no you could try pm a staff member or the one mod, but yea dawhiteasian will be gone as soon as possible
"
god I hope so.
#9 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -
CitizenKane said:
" There haven't been any established moderation tools yet.  The staff is still working on features for Giant Bomb."
Thanks for letting us know. I guess we'll know very soon after you do when you're given moderation privileges.  ;)
#10 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1036 posts) -
CitizenKane said:
" There haven't been any established moderation tools yet.  The staff is still working on features for Giant Bomb."
No offense, but I don't know why they bothered appointing you to a moderation position if they're not ready for that little feature. They should wait and appoint several people at once when they are truly ready.
#11 Posted by FengShuiGod (1486 posts) -

Because there is an absence of moderators, the Giant Bomb users really need to step up to the plate and take some responsibility.

Stop posting in threads like those created by DaWhiteAsian. Pretend he doesn't exist, and he'll go away. In all likelihood he is an attention deprived child who is using the anonymity of the internet as a tool to get attention. Don't give him what he wants.

#12 Posted by MrBrightside91 (60 posts) -
FengShuiGod said:
"Because there is an absence of moderators, the Giant Bomb users really need to step up to the plate and take some responsibility.

Stop posting in threads like those created by DaWhiteAsian. Pretend he doesn't exist, and he'll go away. In all likelihood he is an attention deprived child who is using the anonymity of the internet as a tool to get attention. Don't give him what he wants."
I hope I'm not the only one using the rating + button on this guy's posts :D
#13 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

FengShuiGod said:

"Because there is an absence of moderators, the Giant Bomb users really need to step up to the plate and take some responsibility.

Stop posting in threads like those created by DaWhiteAsian. Pretend he doesn't exist, and he'll go away. In all likelihood he is an attention deprived child who is using the anonymity of the internet as a tool to get attention. Don't give him what he wants.

"

This man knows what he's talking about. Listen to him.

#14 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

There is no way to ban people yet? Just delete posts I guess, what else do mods do? When will the tools be available?

#15 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

cant wait till they get them privileges then :)