" Call-ins suck anyway, questions from the chat was much better. "
Rothbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#202  Edited By Rothbart

Free Happy Hours are awesome cause they generate new subscribers, call-ins are awesome cause they're a more direct way for the community to interact with the show (never mind that they created last week's timeless ending), and in the end, we're just all here to have fun, this shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#203  Edited By Yanngc33

I forgot to put this in my previous post but troll callers can come from anywhere. The phone and skype number is practically public knowledge and since people know when the show starts anyone could troll and free happy hours equals more subscribers which can only lead to good things

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#204  Edited By napalm
@shadyspace said:
" @Laketown: Don't act like this community wouldn't get vastly better overnight if what you're sarcastically suggesting was done. "
I've been hear much longer than you, and have contributed more to the website than you ever have, so fuck you. This is why I actively hate this paid member shit. It turns these assholes who fork up some cash into grade a douchebags since they have some money to throw around, and they think they are all so important. 

By the way, I'm not talking about the Happy Hours, I was just addressing this assholes post.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#205  Edited By KaosAngel

I just don't think they should do free Happy Hours because, you know...they aren't paying for it.  It's the same deal with Netflix or another service.  

Some might say that XBL gives out free weekends but that's gaming and something that's integral to the industry.  For an hour long show that I am paying for every week, I'd prefer it if they weren't given away for free.  

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By alternate
@KaosAngel said:
" I just don't think they should do free Happy Hours because, you know...they aren't paying for it.  It's the same deal with Netflix or another service.   Some might say that XBL gives out free weekends but that's gaming and something that's integral to the industry.  For an hour long show that I am paying for every week, I'd prefer it if they weren't given away for free.   "
err, Netflix do free trials.  Unlucky.
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#207  Edited By FesteringNeon

I don't mind.  If it helps Giant Bomb, that's all that matters.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By CL60
@Napalm said:
" @shadyspace said:
" @Laketown: Don't act like this community wouldn't get vastly better overnight if what you're sarcastically suggesting was done. "
I've been hear much longer than you, and have contributed more to the website than you ever have, so fuck you. This is why I actively hate this paid member shit. It turns these assholes who fork up some cash into grade a douchebags since they have some money to throw around, and they think they are all so important.  By the way, I'm not talking about the Happy Hours, I was just addressing this assholes post. "
illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By illmatic19

How do you know it was a non-subscriber?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By GreggD
@Napalm said:
" @shadyspace said:
I've been hear much longer than you, and have contributed more to the website than you ever have, so fuck you. This is why I actively hate this paid member shit. It turns these assholes who fork up some cash into grade a douchebags since they have some money to throw around, and they think they are all so important.  By the way, I'm not talking about the Happy Hours, I was just addressing this assholes post. "

Does that make me an elitist? The OP is an asshole, and you're almost as big an asshole for suggesting that paying for extra content automatically gives me some kind of superiority complex. So fuck you, sir.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#211  Edited By KaosAngel
@GreggD said:
" Does that make me an elitist? The OP is an asshole, and you're almost as big an asshole for suggesting that paying for extra content automatically gives me some kind of superiority complex. So fuck you, sir. "
What's funny is that I don't even watch Happy Hours live, end up watching them a few days later.  I only watch the GB and Tested Segments and they aren't all that great.  The only reason I even signed up for it was for the future HTML5 site and mobile site. 

I never got why people think elitists are made when they made the subscription stuff.  Maybe some people just gave money to support the site(s), I just did it so they'd hurry the fuck up with that magical HTML5 site Dave keeps talking about.  There's other sites I go to that have it much worse (Something Awful) and I don't even care that I'm not a high paying member.  
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By GreggD
@KaosAngel:
I really don't care about the HTML5 crap, because it doesn't matter to me. I have had the chance to use the mobile site on my brother's iPhone, though. Very cool. Once I get his hand-me-down (which, while I'm on the subject, my brother has become a total Apple fanboy and techwhore since he got an iPhone. The next one he gets will be his third in two years), I'll use it more often, I'm sure.
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#213  Edited By benpack

I don't mind bad phone calls. So someone embarrasses himself for thirty seconds and we move on, it's all fine by me.

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By ekajarmstro

Whether the show is free or not, I cringe every time someone calls before you know if it's a real question.

p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By p_p_o_d

that megan's law question last week was awesome. 

maybe they could give out the number to only paid members or something.....    

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Toxin066

I'm against the number of free happy hours. They're doing a free one every month, right? I think it should be a quarterly thing. If I'm wrong on that, it's only because it feels like they do a free one every month.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By harinosho
@Catarrhal said:
" I don't know about canceling the free shows outright, but they probably shouldn't take any more calls, period. "
once you introduce the ability to call people. trolls will happen. eventually,, maybe it'll be worse later on when more and more people join the giantbomb forum and start calling. 

once someone starts its just downhill from there... stop the calls guys... also. happy hour aint all that its cracked up to be.... just saying.