Resident evil 5 Load times.

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deusdigit

I'd just like to say that i am very impressed with resident evil 5's loading times. it rarely takes any time to load up environments. Correct me if i'm wrong, but not only is it visually impressive and expansive in some areas. the load times are very fast. not many games out there on consoles that i know of load this fast and actually take advantage of the install on the hard drive, Just saying. 

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By azteris
deusdigit said:
"I'd just like to say that i am very impressed with resident evil 5's loading times. it rarely takes any time to load up environments. Correct me if i'm wrong, but not only is it visually impressive and expansive in some areas. the load times are very fast. not many games out there on consoles that i know of load this fast and actually take advantage of the install on the hard drive, Just saying. "
They're about average.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, the game probably does load a little faster than most games. And yes, the graphics are great.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's almost works to the load screen's detriment, though, since the historical blurbs are shown during the load screens. Sometimes the game loads before you can read the whole paragraph.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sir_Ragnarok said:
"It's almost works to the load screen's detriment, though, since the historical blurbs are shown during the load screens. Sometimes the game loads before you can read the whole paragraph. "
Lol, yeah. I never have time to read those, the game loads too fast. Not like those blurbs are interesting anyway :P
LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By LeoMinor
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"It's almost works to the load screen's detriment, though, since the historical blurbs are shown during the load screens. Sometimes the game loads before you can read the whole paragraph. "
Agreed.  I wish more games did this, but not with game tips or BS like that (GH, Fallout, etc.), but something interesting that keeps your attention while the game loads.  Being a long time RE fan, I found the little history bits from previous games interesting.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By thiago

The loading screens in RE5 happen at the worst moments possible. For example, you watch a cutscene, and being RE5 an action game it invariably ends with a bunch of afro-zombies running towards you, and then... Loading screen. By having misplaced loading screens they have completely destroyed the immersion because you are constantly being interrupted and reminded of the fact that it is a videogame.

At least in MGS4 there were installation screens, but the transitions between action and custscenes were flawless.

RE5 transitions, along with 100 other flaws in that game, should be put in frame and hanged up in a gallery or something for the future generations to see it and learn about how not to do transitions between action and custcenes.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

thiago said:
"The loading screens in RE5 happen at the worst moments possible. For example, you watch a cutscene, and being RE5 an action game it invariably ends with a bunch of afro-zombies running towards you, and then... Loading screen. By having misplaced loading screens they have completely destroyed the immersion because you are constantly being interrupted and reminded of the fact that it is a videogame.

At least in MGS4 there were installation screens, but the transitions between action and custscenes were flawless.

RE5 transitions, along with 100 other flaws in that game, should be put in frame and hanged up in a gallery or something for the future generations to see it and learn about how not to do transitions between action and custcenes."
I think it's fine to dislike a game. But I can't help but shake my head every time you post something like this. At least this write-up doesn't have any mention of how Resident Evil stole the Hammer of Dawn.
deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deusdigit

But when you compare to games like MGS 4 and Bioshock. they take quite awhile to load each scene. alot of developers don't take advantage of the installs. thats what i like about RE5, a little above average i'd say.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shorap

I was thinking around these lines a few days ago while playing DMC 4.  The Lost Planet engine is pretty versatile (Lost Planet, DMC 4, RE 5, Bionic Commando, Dark Void), has short load times, looks great, and is technically sound with no real graphic quirks like Unreal Engine and all the games that have used it run smoothly.

Personally I think it'd make better middleware than Unreal Engine.
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By tmthomsen

Yeah, an installed version of RE5 loads extremy fast on Xbox360. Can't speak for PS3. It loads so fast that I rarely have a chance to read the text.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By suneku

I love that most of the times I can't finish reading any of the history during the loading times... shows how fast it loads.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By thiago

The problem of the loading screens is not the time it takes to load. In this time and age everything loads quickly. The problem is misplaced loading screens that break the immersion because they interrupt the flow of the game. Adding loading screens between cutscenes and action is an unforgivable flaw. Loading screens should be added in between different levels or between different zones of the same level where there are no real action going on (like in MGS4).

It was comical. I was playing the game, paying attention to the story, which is awful, and then I was about to start playing it: "That's it! Almost at the end! Let's kill some zombies!" and then "Loading screen...".

I called the RE5 developers' mothers many different names throughout that miserable experience of a game.