Resident Evil 6 leaked via Gamestop (coming 11/20)

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By 617_jbug

Coming for the 360 and PS3 on Nov 20th. According to IGN, Chris and Leon are the main characters in this one.

No Caption Provided
fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fini_fly

The left part of the 6 looks like the front legs, neck and head of a giraffe.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By ShadowVirus

@fini_fly: Thanks, now that's all I see when I look at that.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fini_fly

@ShadowVirus: It was the first thing I noticed.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

i see a giraffe also. 

this is now a we talk about how the six is a giraffe. 

i also want more re6 stuff. i hope it's more like 4. i don't think it will be like 4.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ckeats

IGN got a bunch of details about it, claiming that both Leon and Chris are both playable with separate stories and partners in different parts of the globe. Safe bet co-op is back.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By WightnNerdy

The logo looks disgusting. Ew.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I kinda want that RE6: Canadian Wilderness Edition that was rumoured awhile back. Skyrim's the closest I'll get to Canada in a game, I suppose.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RE_Player1

If Leon and Chris are really the two playable characters I will buy this day 1. I hope they improve the co-op because I want to play this game start to finish with a buddy with little to no problems.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@msavo: The different story arcs seem interesting, but I seriously hope they fixed the aiming. That shit is just unpleasant and antiquated when you have shooters like Gears and Vanquish roaming around.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By CL60

@Oldirtybearon said:

I kinda want that RE6: Canadian Wilderness Edition that was rumoured awhile back. Skyrim's the closest I'll get to Canada in a game, I suppose.

When the Skyrim Creation kit comes out, i'll rename all of the places after Canadian provinces and cities just for you.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By JazGalaxy

Is it just me, or is bringing back characters for the, like, 5th time in a Survival Horror game a stupid idea? I mean, obvioulsy surviving isn't that hard, right? I don't know what RE has to do to become interseting, but they sure haven't done it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CL60

@JazGalaxy said:

Is it just me, or is bringing back characters for the, like, 5th time in a Survival Horror game a stupid idea? I mean, obvioulsy surviving isn't that hard, right? I don't know what RE has to do to become interseting, but they sure haven't done it.

I quite like how you pass judgement like that last sentence based entirely 100% on the information "You play as Chris and Leon."

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BoG

Is that supposed to be the number 6? I think the number 6 must be offended by that image.

I skipped the 5th game. I just want to play as Leon Kennedy, because I <3 RE4. They should bring back Billy Coen. Isn't Coen a Jewish surname? They could go somewhere with that.

I need to revisit this series. Ebay, here I come.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@JazGalaxy said:

Not really. Horror works when the person viewing it/reading it can identify with the protagonist. That's why they're always character archetypes which is a good short-hand to get the story going without sacrificing time for that precious, precious character development. You can still do horror with character development and such, but that's a more mature, sophisticated type of horror. Basically one that Capcom has no chance in hell of ever doing.

So re-using Leon and Chris is actually a pretty smart play. Fans of the franchise love those characters (because both the player and character have been through a lot together re: that whole empathy thing), and it allows Capcom to get to the point of the ride instead of wasting time getting to know Chris and Leon. We know them, we like them, and we're ready for another round.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Maajin

Fixed it.

No Caption Provided
Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Moztacular
@fini_fly said:

The left part of the 6 looks like the front legs, neck and head of a giraffe.

can't....unseee....giraffee
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By kingzetta
@msavo said:
If Leon and Chris are really the two playable characters I will buy this day 1. I hope they improve the co-op because I want to play this game start to finish with a buddy with little to no problems.
Oh god if there is a leon and chris fist bump moment, game of the year
fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fini_fly

@BoG: I stand by my original comment of the 6 looking like a giraffe.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Justin258

I thought, in the thread title, that "11/20" meant "November 2020".

Then I saw the pic and was secretly hoping that consoles don't actually last that long.

Then I saw the '12.

OK, I guess my interest is kind of piqued, but the first time they say that...

@ckeats said:

Safe bet co-op is back.

Fuck no, I hope not. I liked RE5 a lot, I think it gets more hate than it deserves. But damn, does the AI character feel unnecessary for a good bit of it. It's actually fun with a friend but the AI sucks.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#21  Edited By Mystyr_E

Diablo 3 ad: meh, shit's fake

Resident Evil 6 ad: WOOHOO!

funny how a lot of sites are pretty much all but confirming this is real yet many were skeptical about Diablo's

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kingzetta
@JazGalaxy said:

Leon has only been in two games and you didn't even have to play as in RE2 if you didn't want to. so really like one and a half games.

Chris has been in two games. that's quite far off from 5 times for either.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By jakob187

STILLLLLLLL don't give a shit.

von_wemberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By von_wemberg

@fini_fly: I think they sawed a giraffe in half, turned one of the parts around and let it rot for a few years in a place, where spiders hang out.

It's either that or a number 6. Can't be sure.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kingzetta
@jakob187 said:

STILLLLLLLL don't give a shit.

"Bah" is what I have to say to you.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BoG

@fini_fly: It does look like a giraffe. He's artsy, and is jumping forward and looking backwards.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CptBedlam

@Mystyr_E: Because this isn't fake but the D3 stuff was.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RE_Player1
@kingzetta
@msavo said:
Oh god if there is a leon and chris fist bump moment, game of the year
Yup that would be GOTY material. Seriously my favourite part in all of Resident Evil 5 is that throwaway line Chirs gives about the "Kennedy Report".
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#29  Edited By Yummylee

I fucking knew it; I knew they were saving the team up of Chris/Leon for something special rather than waste it with some Mercenaries stand-alone BS, and Ada Wong being involved doesn't surprise me either, since her arc is one of the few dangling threads left within the entire franchise. That and whatever the fuck Wesker did with Sherry Birkin (shudder at the thought...) and Steve Burnside.

I think it's awesome that they'll have multiple storylines that interconnect with one another, reminiscent of RE2. Plus hearing that it'll transpire across the globe sounds great, giving plenty of varying locals. China alone sounds like it could make for some wonderfully macabre scenery. But still, I just hope to hell there won't be cooperative play...or they at least better feature one of the storylines to have you on your lonesome, at least as some kind of throwback if they're really going to hit full speed ahead for cooperative play in RE.

buckwatters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By buckwatters

@ShadowVirus said:

@fini_fly: Thanks, now that's all I see when I look at that.

Its just like seeing the arrow on the Fed-Ex trucks, once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#31  Edited By Yummylee

AND HERE'S THE TRAILER SHIEEEEEEEEEEETTE

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Crixaliz

@Abyssfull said:

AND HERE'S THE TRAILER SHIEEEEEEEEEEETTE

Looks awesome!

Who is the bald guy talking about his blood?

iPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iPliskin

I stopped caring about Resident Evil when the series turned into Quake and Unreal Tournament shoot-em up type of games. In other words, i stopped caring after RE4.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#34  Edited By sjschmidt93

I really do not think this will be out in November. Probably March 2013.

moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By moncole

I wish Luis is in it. I loved him in RE4

von_wemberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By von_wemberg

@Moncole said:

I wish Luis is in it. I loved him in RE4

They should make an entirely new game, starring him...

A puzzle game, him researching the parasites perhaps?

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By JazGalaxy

@Oldirtybearon said:

@JazGalaxy said:

Not really. Horror works when the person viewing it/reading it can identify with the protagonist. That's why they're always character archetypes which is a good short-hand to get the story going without sacrificing time for that precious, precious character development. You can still do horror with character development and such, but that's a more mature, sophisticated type of horror. Basically one that Capcom has no chance in hell of ever doing.

So re-using Leon and Chris is actually a pretty smart play. Fans of the franchise love those characters (because both the player and character have been through a lot together re: that whole empathy thing), and it allows Capcom to get to the point of the ride instead of wasting time getting to know Chris and Leon. We know them, we like them, and we're ready for another round.

I agree with most of that, which is exaclty why I think it's, to me, bizarre and bone headed to keep putting Leon and Chris in the these games. Not only are they both supposed to be elite zombie fighting professionals, they have both steamrolled through hundreds of zombies in every form imaginable. A 16 year old girl in a burning building is a scary prospect. A fire fighter in a burning building is just how he makes his living.