Posted by mendoz64 (21 posts) -

Well let me sse now. For the record I love Resistance 2's single player campaigan and I love the cooperative mode online. But my god the competitve play!!  Whats going on there ? It would seem that I can empty a whole clip into another player and they wont die, while im shooting them and hitting them(I know this because when you shoot somebody in competitive mode XP flies  off them) they just turn around and kill me with a couple of shots. It happens nearly everytime. The only other game that ive had this issue on is Halo3. I dont have this issue witth COD4 or COD world at war or unreal tournament and that just to name a few.
Now Im not best the player in the world because in COD i can get get kiiled with a few  shots but i can do the same to another player. but in resistance 2 it feels to be all one sided. Why? i dont get it. i love gaming and I love resistance 2, but this is driving me mad. I know it cant be me because i can get very balanced and fair gamplay on other games. Has anybody else noticed this? I know i know its going to be tempting to say that Im crap, but all i can say to you is i played the single player on hard and found the game to be very fair and not a problem to play. Oh well sorry for moaning, I think im going to give it another try, i cant help it i love the game, i mean 60 player matches and no lag!! Come on thats just so cool. Well here i go.

#1 Posted by mendoz64 (21 posts) -

Well let me sse now. For the record I love Resistance 2's single player campaigan and I love the cooperative mode online. But my god the competitve play!!  Whats going on there ? It would seem that I can empty a whole clip into another player and they wont die, while im shooting them and hitting them(I know this because when you shoot somebody in competitive mode XP flies  off them) they just turn around and kill me with a couple of shots. It happens nearly everytime. The only other game that ive had this issue on is Halo3. I dont have this issue witth COD4 or COD world at war or unreal tournament and that just to name a few.
Now Im not best the player in the world because in COD i can get get kiiled with a few  shots but i can do the same to another player. but in resistance 2 it feels to be all one sided. Why? i dont get it. i love gaming and I love resistance 2, but this is driving me mad. I know it cant be me because i can get very balanced and fair gamplay on other games. Has anybody else noticed this? I know i know its going to be tempting to say that Im crap, but all i can say to you is i played the single player on hard and found the game to be very fair and not a problem to play. Oh well sorry for moaning, I think im going to give it another try, i cant help it i love the game, i mean 60 player matches and no lag!! Come on thats just so cool. Well here i go.

#3 Posted by mendoz64 (21 posts) -

@Tarsier im no n00b.

#4 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

i have no troubles with competitive.

#5 Edited by get2sammyb (6413 posts) -

I am actually quite good at Resistance 2 competitive which is surprising because I suck at the likes of CoD. This is an arcadey shooter. It's all about reaction. If you start emptying your clip before the other guy you'll kill him.

I prefer the Halo/Resistance style competitive next to CoD.

#6 Posted by Bucketdeth (7981 posts) -

I know what you meen man, I had the same exact feeling when I first began to play I was like "wtf???" the amount of hits it takes to kill another player is pretty ridiculous, I have since gotten alot better and do pretty good.
But yeah this isn`t a game I would player for some multiplayer matches, I'd go with COD:W@W and stick with it until something like Killzone 2 comes out.

#7 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

it's simple - you DO suck. games where it is not simply a case of quick draw are far more competitive than those that aren't. ESPECIALLY if they're just uber randomized like perks. also you couldn't get a 60 player match "competitive" with all the competition in the world - your skill simply contributes too little. they had to shut down the ranked 8vs8 playlist in halo 3 because of that very reason.

#8 Edited by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

You sure its not just lag and your shots aren't registering?

Or maybe they are aiming for your head while you empty an entire clip at their feet. Yeah I doubt you are that noob, but something if off when you say they can still kill you in a couple shots (this tells me that it is possible to kill people quickly, but only that you can't do it).

#9 Edited by mendoz64 (21 posts) -

crunchUK, sorry man I dont unsdertand what you are talking about. I have been in several 60 player team death matches 30 on 30?? So what are you on on about? Im just asking. And to everyone thanks for your comments. :)

#10 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

I think what crunchyUk was trying to get at, was more people there are in a game, the less important you as the individual becomes. Kinda like voting.

However, his argument is not really valid since skilled players always rack up more kills than unskilled players. In a game with more chances to kill things the skilled players would rack shit way more quickly. Plus R2 is more about team work than going rogue.

#11 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

what i mean is that A) having that "problem" in halo 3 sounds like classic clueless noob and B) in huge 30 vs 30 games your skill basically amounts to nothing

#12 Posted by mendoz64 (21 posts) -

Your comments are quite harsh CrunchUk but  I will accept them, as you are entiltled to your own opinion. Im still playing the game if anybody wants to hit me up for a game my tag is JediAwake. I promise i wont bitch and moan while I play, practice makes perefect.