Return the Power Bombcast!

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I think it's time to let our voices be heard. I can't imagine I'm the only one who misses my monthly dose of the PBC guys complaining about the state of wrestling. When it's been brought up why they haven't recorded since Wrestlemania, it's usually mentioned that the guys don't feel like they have much to say beyond "Blech!" with the current state of WWE. And I can't blame them. It's also been mentioned not everybody is watching it much anymore. I don't think that's a problem, as early on not everybody was watching the PPVs or every Raw. I loved hearing opinions of people being explained what's going on and giving a sort of outsider perspective.

So speak up if you miss the PBC like me. I don't need a monthly show, but even a quarterly episode would be great. Just check in every once in a while and recap what they currently hate. What do you guys think? I'd love to get more perspective on this.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'd rather they spend their time on anything that wasn't related to wrestling. Anything at all.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@Mike said:

I'd rather they spend their time on anything that wasn't related to wrestling. Anything at all.

Yes. It's about time we get more anime coverage.

Anime & 40s coming this fall.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Most of the wrestling talk go over my head anyway but I thought the deal was they keep wrestling out of most content then spend an hour or so complaining about it once in a blue moon.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5 FinalDasa  Moderator

Would you want a podcast where they passionately discuss wrestling or a podcast where Dan explains the story lines and everyone just agrees it's been boring?

You can't fake a two hour discussion on a single subject so I'd rather wait for it to come back again organically.

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_wester: Most of the wrestling talk go over my head anyway but I thought the deal was they keep wrestling out of most content then spend an hour or so complaining about it once in a blue moon.

They were doing it monthly for a year. About when they stopped is when it started seeping regularly into other content (Bombcasts, UPFs, etc.)

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: Were they ever passionately talking about wrestling? Occasionally it was praising, but it mostly always was negative (shy of Dan). I'm not saying I want to force them to do more, just to show support in it that there are people who miss it. At the moment, I seem in the majority, though. Haha.

And the whole faking a conversation I think depends on the person. I do a wrestling live show on Twitch every PPV and I never hide the fact I hate the current product. It's probably why I wish they were back, to share my pain with someone, haha. On top of that, wrestling is a weird thing where if you drop out until it's good again, you're probably not going to know and come back until the good stuff is passed and it's going downhill again. It's a weird dilemma with wrestling. If you skip the bad, you'll probably miss the good.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Since the last Powerbombcast, I got wholeheartedly into wrestling for the first time in 15 years. And then they stopped!

It was all women's division stuff in NXT at first. Which then expanded to Raw. And hell, now I'm even watching Smackdown.

It all started because of this stupid podcast. Thanks, guys.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Would it be enough to know Dan likes it and everyone else doesn't, and no one is interested in anything other than Raw?

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Toxin066

I'm ready for for the surprise return. Probably at the Rumble. edit: Royal Rumble

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

If the others don't want to do it, fine. Dan should do a podcast and invite guests to talk. I couldn't care less about wrestling but I loved the podcast and the fact that it's been 4 months since the last one is extremely sad to me.

jsgr93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jsgr93

@csl316: I am right there with you. I hadn't watched in a few years and it probably would be good to stop again, but Sasha Banks and Kevin Owens keep bringing me back.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsgr93 said:

@csl316: I am right there with you. I hadn't watched in a few years and it probably would be good to stop again, but Sasha Banks and Kevin Owens keep bringing me back.

Sasha was basically the reason I was watching NXT, where I would just skip to her matches. Then the other women. Then the rest of the show.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're a fan of the WWE, why would you want to listen to a podcast filled with people apathetic towards the WWE and Dan?

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PBCs started becoming a bummer for me because it'd be 2 hours of the guys talking about how much they didn't like WWE and then a passing mention from Alex of something like "Lucha Underground/NJPW is pretty awesome" and then they move on because nobody (understandably) has the time or interest in watching anything else.

WelshCleats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: Because (like so many other things) people like hearing the duders talk about their opinions, positive or negative?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@welshcleats: They've given their opinion, repeatedly, that they don't really care about wrestling right now. If you've listened to more than one of them up to this point, you can probably guess with astonishing accuracy everyone's thoughts about Summerslam.

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everybody is making good points. I liked the show as a way to keep up when I wasn't or couldn't watch. I don't know if I wouldn't gotten the Network if not for the PBC (good or bad, haha). And my experience is even if you don't like what you're watching, if your arguments are well thought out people enjoy hearing them. Like I said, my PPV live streams are mostly me annoyed, but the people always show up and stick around all the same.

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: I think that's a solid idea. Dan can be the Rock and the others can rotate through as they like. Dan has definitely shown an affinity for pet projects like Film and 40s. Although with Danswers and everything else, I'm sure his time is lean.

ClockworkTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, I'm surprised at some of the responses from people here. There have been so many things I've wanted their opinion on since the last powerbombcast:

• Everything about Kevin Owens
  • The NXT women coming to RAW
  • The end of Lucha Underground
  • The backstage circus known as TNA
  • Undertaker coming back because reasons
  • Maybe Alex saw the ROH/NJPW shows and is currently watching G1

It feels like Dan wants to pour out his thoughts on these topics but no one else wants to tag along. Which is kind of sad in my opinion because Dan is a ray of optimism in the monotony of modern WWE. I miss the powerbombcast, it was one of the reasons I upgraded to premium.

otoboke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's only my favourite thing on GB, so yeah. Weird, I know but there you go. One of the reasons I've followed Jeff and Alex all these years (and now love Dan) is because of their quips on wrestling. PowerBombcast is the best. Give me a 30-min weekly Monday Night Ryckert podcast where he just ropes in random guests instead and I'll still be satisfied though.

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By blackblade500

Yeah man I would totally be down with more Powerbombcast, started watching wrestling again right after WM 30 and listening to their thoughts on it and have not looked back since I subscribed to the Network and watch Raw and NXT. Also started watching Lucha and some RoH. They have great opinions, even if they are mostly negative, and it was a lot better than most wrestling podcasts out there.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think if they were to do another episode of the Giant Bombcast there would be only 3 people on it (Jeff, Dan and Alex). I know Jared isn't on it anymore and I'm not sure about Giancarlo.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would love a return pbc. One of the reasons I love GB is Jeff ranting about stuff and the pbc was full of that. Both Alex and Dan being pretty positive about it, as well as jared, also balanced that out. Hoping for one after SummerSlam.

PebbleInSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PebbleInSpace

@viciousbearmauling said:
@Mike said:

Yes. It's about time we get more anime coverage.

Anime & 40s coming this fall.

Hear, hear!

Really though if they're not into it they really should not do it. Time better spent on things they're actually excited about.

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pebbleinspace: I'm very confused by these sentiments. If GB only did things they loved, many of people's favorite segments would never have happened. Mario Party Party, numerous quick looks (usually their funniest), and Vinnyvania would have ended mid-Simon's Quest.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By KaneRobot

@Mike said:

I'd rather they do spend their time on wrestling, so I guess our viewpoints cancel each other out.

The main reason I let my subscription lapse is because the Powerbombcast has apparently ceased to exist.

Also, wrestling > anime. It's time to give up on anime being some focal reference point for Giant Bomb. If it was going to happen, it would have by now.

Yiffmaster69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Yiffmaster69

@csl316 said:

Since the last Powerbombcast, I got wholeheartedly into wrestling for the first time in 15 years. And then they stopped!

It was all women's division stuff in NXT at first. Which then expanded to Raw. And hell, now I'm even watching Smackdown.

It all started because of this stupid podcast. Thanks, guys.

You and me both duder. It was right around Wrestlemania this year and I started listening to the back catalog of PBCs and catching up on the pay-per-views and a few Raws as I went along. Fast forward a few weeks and my wife and I are watching Raw, NXT, Smackdown, Swerved, and Tough Talk. I..... I even watched an episode of Total Divas yesterday...

I would love it even if it were just Dan Alex and Jeff but I seriously get the impression that Jeff isn't even watching anymore. He seems really down on the product whenever it comes up and I think he mentioned how his life has improved since walking away from it. Cheap Heat and Sam Roberts are good but nothing beat having the GB guys, personalities with whom a lot of us have gotten to know really well over years and years, reintroduce a passion for a dumb thing like wrestling.

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad it's not just me that feels the loss of the PBC up to this point. I think in the end it'd be nice if they did something even occasionally, but it's all up to them. I just hope this gave them a small incentive to get back in that podcast studio and talk about wrestling. Even if it's just an hour of fart noises pointed at a microphone.

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a lifelong wrestling fan and honestly it's just so dull at the moment. SO tiresome. Dispiriting. There's nothing to discuss.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilsearat: They could bring in Austin. And Jason doesn't seem to hate himself if he watches it.

And hell, Dan's old coworker/Wrestlemania pal Bryan Vore is apparently taking a job in SF. Bring on Bryan!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Nah, I'm actually good. I'd be there with bells on if the lineup was Alex, Austin, Jason and Jared but that's never going to happen.

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gregorygold: I completely agree is dispiriting. There comes a point where discussing the problems gets people nowhere if you have no say or control in it. But we all still have thoughts and feelings about what's happening in that world. And at the very least, you can say that the WWE is constantly trying new things to correct itself. I can't think of another time when the company was so quick to shift their plans, almost erratically. Implementing new PPVs weeks in advance. Adding time and matches we wouldn't expect (regardless if we want them). And things are going to keep fluctuating as they struggle to bring ratings up, especially with football starting. I think there's plenty to discuss with whomever wants to speak. If I were to guess, a large part of them not being back is not knowing where to start. When you leave a conversation for so long, it's hard to inject yourself back in on a public level like they were. This is what I've experienced, at least.

Miyoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Miyoron

I figure they'll just do it when they're in the mood and I'm a okay with letting them do that. It'd be cool to have them more frequently but I'm not upset about it. Besides, Summerslam is a pretty big show so you never know!

clintlandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miyoron: I think that's the best attitude to have about it! :-)

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss it, but I'm happy enough to be personally enjoying wrestling again. I even got a friend of mine into it, and a second friend into NXT, so I have someone to watch with. We only watch PPV's, but I think they've been pretty decent lately.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

The problem with the PowerBomb cast is that everybody is only WWE fans except for Alex and WWE has been pretty terrible for most of the year except for Lesnar/Cena/Owens/Cesaro/New Day. It's always just going to be five people complaining about how bad it is until it's actually good again.

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's always bothered me they do it just before a PPV when most of the interesting angles and talking topics (lately) come from the PPV, and the Raw after it. In addition, the lifespan of the show makes a lot more sense if it's done after the PPV because when it comes out the weekend of, the content always becomes outdated incredibly quickly.

Random_Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support this cause and wish the powerbombcast makes a return. It was the reason i went premium and demand to get the programming i paid for goshdarnit! Bah gawd, bring back the PBC!

RoninAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If their hearts aren't in I understand, but the Rumble just happened. I would be really happy if we got another power bombcast.