• 65 results
#1 Edited by Realkilla789 (117 posts) -

In the recent podcast, Giant Bomb staff revealed that at PAX 2008, they would have a panel of guest that they will be featuring. They confirmed that Rich Gallup will be one of the guest. Rich Gallup is a famous former editor on Gamespot and hosted many live events.  Could it be possible that Rich Gallup could join his former fellow Gamespot crew?

#2 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

Man, I thought Rich Gallup was great back at GS. But didn't he move out east?

#3 Posted by khit (150 posts) -

I don't think so, since he doesn't live anywhere near them anymore.

Why did he leave GS in the first place?

#4 Posted by Foxdemon2k (261 posts) -

That would've been cool.

#5 Posted by Warihay (481 posts) -

He got married and wanted to move back to Boston where he grew up.

#6 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -

He got a job at Curt Shilling's developer 38 Studios.

#7 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

He's working at a game company now.

I don't think he's gonna quit his job and join the crew

#8 Posted by Prototype (82 posts) -

He moved out east and i was crushed when he left but as awesome as that would be i don't think so....

#9 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

Maybe we could have GiantBomb: East Coast!

#10 Posted by TimeWaffle (946 posts) -

it would be super duper awesome but no chance in hell it's happening. But i get to see them at PAX so i'm pleased

#11 Posted by nat (217 posts) -

I miss on the spot with Rich :((((

#12 Posted by Realkilla789 (117 posts) -
Hochler said:
"I talked to him at New York ComicCon during his MMO panel and he stated that he's currently busy with 38 Studios, but he's going to try and contribute a bit here and there.
"
u talked to Rich?
#13 Posted by nat (217 posts) -

"coming up next OOOOOOOON THE SPOOOOOT"

#14 Posted by Jensonb (1750 posts) -

Err, wrong forum.

Anyway, Rich moved back to the East Coast recently cos he wanted to go home, there's virtually zero chance he'll move back to the Bay area so soon

#15 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -

We can dream can we?

#16 Posted by optic (36 posts) -

It'd be great to have Rich at least chime in every now and then. I know many of us miss him. Gone are the days of the one man standing video game podcasts :(

#17 Edited by Thordain (959 posts) -

Rich Gallup was the best On The Spot host, no offense to Jeff

#18 Posted by TurboMan (7540 posts) -

I miss Rich's natural excitement and devilish good looks

#19 Posted by Attilitus (1 posts) -

Haha... Rich Gallup was my favorite gamespot personality too. Pity (for us) that he moved on.

#20 Posted by Player1 (3867 posts) -

You guys he works for 38studios. In boston. He mentions in his profile info on thier game will be coming out soon

#21 Posted by ChocolateCoffin (201 posts) -

Rich is a great character, and I think he'd like to work at GB, maybe he will some day.

#22 Posted by khit (150 posts) -
Player1 said:
"You guys he works for 38studios. In boston. He mentions in his profile info on thier game will be coming out soon"

Maybe after their game comes mout he will leave and join the bombcrew?
#23 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

He works for Curt Schilling at 38 Studios, but we can dream.

#24 Posted by khit (150 posts) -
Player1 said:
"You guys he works for 38studios. In boston. He mentions in his profile info on thier game will be coming out soon"

Maybe after their game comes out he will leave and join the bombcrew?
#25 Posted by Aaron_G (1615 posts) -

I thought they said GiantBomb would just be talking with him.

#26 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

Yes, but we can dream, can't we?

#27 Posted by Matte_G (68 posts) -

Rich Gallup was KING hosting On the Spot and even though Jeff was good, after Gallup left it just wasn't the same without him.
I'm afraid I have to echo what many people have already said in that I highly doubt he will move back from Boston so soon with his family and all.
Although I only just realised, Alex has moved to Boston with his new job at Harmonix so they must be hanging out now.

#28 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -
Matte_G said:
"Rich Gallup was KING hosting On the Spot and even though Jeff was good, after Gallup left it just wasn't the same without him.
I'm afraid I have to echo what many people have already said in that I highly doubt he will move back from Boston so soon with his family and all.
Although I only just realised, Alex has moved to Boston with his new job at Harmonix so they must be hanging out now.

"
Alex Navarro? Maybe they could have Greg Kasavin as a guest over here, seeing as he's in LA

#29 Posted by SmAsH (234 posts) -
khit said:
"I don't think so, since he doesn't live anywhere near them anymore.

Why did he leave GS in the first place?"
I hope no one answered this. As I recall, he left to start a family, and because he got a new exciting job. The same happened with Greg, he got a great job developing PC games, why would anyone pass that up. I remember Greg talking about it in his blog. He was a great reviewer, and I can't wait to see how his first game (Red Alert 3) has turned out. But back to Rich, he moved to the east coast, and I highly doubt that he will move back. There is always the chance, but highly unlikely.
#30 Posted by khit (150 posts) -

When I say Giant you say bomb!

Giant!  Bomb!

Giant!  Bomb!

#31 Posted by Jared (557 posts) -

Interesting idea, we will have to wait and see what happens.

#32 Posted by coldmilk (66 posts) -

really sounds like wishful thinking, will probably be like how Alex Navarro was a guest star on some of the earlier podcasts but now he has a job at Harmonix.

#33 Posted by RealGuitarHero (6 posts) -

Man that would be great, he is an excellent personality.

#34 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

i wish...but he's working with Curt Shillings mmo or some shit

#35 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

That would be awesome. While they are at it, they should bring back Greg K too :P Nah, thats just a dream I suppose.

#36 Posted by GiantGUS (399 posts) -

He got the job many months after leaving for Boston. He went there so his fiancée could pursue her law career.

#37 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

I hope he stays in boston...He has a family way more important than a podcast

#38 Posted by GleasonRyan (244 posts) -

Rich would be kool on here but he has a job and wants to go back out east

#39 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

I hope so cause On The Spot (GameSpot's show) was great till he left then with Jeff it was pretty good then after he left it sucked

#40 Posted by and333 (842 posts) -

Jeff is gone hes working for a company I wanna say a game company but i'm not sure.

#41 Posted by Realkilla789 (117 posts) -
GiantGUS said:
"He got the job many months after leaving for Boston. He went there so his fiancée could pursue her law career.
"
maybe there is no hope for the Rich Gallup fanboys
#42 Posted by SmartMonkey (1 posts) -

Come back, Rich........
It would be great to see or hear him again.

#43 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -
khit said:
"

Giant!  Bomb!

Giant!  Bomb!

"
giant bomb version of button mashing would be great they could call it giant bombin
#44 Posted by AltDimension (257 posts) -

I don't think Rich is joining the staff, but it would be sweet if he did.

#45 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

Wishful thinking. Rich didn't move east for nothing.

#46 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

That would be pretty awesome and i dont see why not, he would be awesome to the team.

#47 Posted by PeterPantsless (34 posts) -

"Live from the Bomb Shelter Giant Bomb presents the Giant Bombcast. Now here's your host, RRRRRICH GALLUPPP!" That would be cool but it's just going to be a single episode from what i can deduce.

#48 Posted by piecat (384 posts) -
and333 said:
"Jeff is gone hes working for a company I wanna say a game company but i'm not sure.
"

Jeff is actually working for this obsecure little site you probably haven't heard of, Giant Bomb. Rich Gallup, on the other hand, is working for a game company- 38 studios.
#49 Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer (303 posts) -
khit said:
"

Giant!  Bomb!

Giant!  Bomb!

"
ahahahah, if only.
#50 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

I reckon we'll see him occasionally, on the odd podcast every so often. And as long as we do see him occasionally, I'm happy.