#1 Posted by sdharrison (476 posts) -

I got stoked on this.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/

Keep in mind the videos are just prototype concepts.

Long story short, Richard Garriott is making a new Ultima (but not Ultima) game that will scale from offline to coop all the way to MMO. And you'll be able to bake bread and play pianos. And there's a video on there of Iolo the bard talking about viking sunstones and crossbows.

#2 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I got stoked on this.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/

Keep in mind the videos are just prototype concepts.

Long story short, Richard Garriott is making a new Ultima (but not Ultima) game that will scale from offline to coop all the way to MMO. And you'll be able to bake bread and play pianos. And there's a video on there of Iolo the bard talking about viking sunstones and crossbows.

Then hes just gonna go back to space and shut down the game just like with Tabula Rasa.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36058 posts) -

Richard Garriot: the Peter Molyneux of early PC gaming.

#4 Posted by sdharrison (476 posts) -

The last 2 Ultimas were mismanaged nightmares, and Ultima Online was milestone. I'd definitely be excited to see what he can do outside of corporate influence. The last time Garriott had that luxury he did some pretty amazing things.

#5 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11486 posts) -

Where were you when the kickstarter was announced like 2 weeks ago?

#6 Edited by sdharrison (476 posts) -

Probably doing other stuff? Is it not okay with you?

#7 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11486 posts) -

@arbitrarywater said:

No, it's fine. Just pointing out that this is old news and we already have a thread somewhere discussing it.

#8 Edited by sdharrison (476 posts) -

@arbitrarywater:

I didn't see it.

All I saw was a thread about how forum activity is down so I thought "Here's something I think was cool" and posted it.

I didn't read anywhere in that the rules were to thoroughly search for any existing topic before posting.

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@sdharrison said:

@arbitrarywater said:

No, it's fine. Just pointing out that this is old news and we already have a thread somewhere discussing it.

Found it!

#10 Edited by sdharrison (476 posts) -

Bump it and we'll have a contest