#1 Posted by monkeynuts8 (73 posts) -
#2 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

Wait... There's a connection just because he has the same name as a fictional character?

#3 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Wow I remember that game being played on Giant Bomb once.

But that's a funny connection they have found there, even if he's never heard of the game.

I can imagine them going: "So what media can we blame on this sick murder. Casablanca, the poster of which is shown above the victim in the video? American Psycho, the soundtrack of which plays in the video? Any of the million slasher movies? Ninja Gaiden 2? NO! Guys, he must be linked to this 1996 FMV adventure game! It's a hot scoop, man"

#4 Edited by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

My last name is Geer, and I once masturbated to a picture of Julia Roberts, and Richard Gere once Had sex with Julia Roberts in a Movie. Its like Im in the movie.

#5 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

this case has left me a little... rattled.

#6 Posted by familyphotoshoot (652 posts) -

To be fair, I murder people after I play games all the time so this doesn't really seem that absurd.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (35798 posts) -

Wait, what? Christopher Walken was in a video game?

#8 Posted by Irvandus (2774 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot: That's a little crazy, Minecraft just inspires me to beat up trees.

#9 Posted by Rabid619 (1089 posts) -

Walken WAS the Ripper!? Christ, news man, spoilers!

#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

lol

#11 Posted by geirr (2469 posts) -

He also wore clothing, drank water and probably ate bread from time to time.

By this logic we could all be Christopher Walken some day... some day.

#12 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

It seems some people should not read, watch or play any type fiction.

#13 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

The Killer was randomized, so that article is 100% wrong. except for the part not about video games.

#14 Posted by Hunter5024 (5506 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Good. That's a natural reaction. I hate it when people are like "Oh whatever people are murdered every day." What jerks. They must think it makes them cool not to care.

#15 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/random-pc-game-ripper/17-5665/

#16 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Animasta said:

Good. That's a natural reaction. I hate it when people are like "Oh whatever people are murdered every day." What jerks. They must think it makes them cool not to care.

Or they just actually don't care. You know plenty of people are kinda fucked up, right?

#17 Posted by Hunter5024 (5506 posts) -

@Elazul said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Animasta said:

Or they just actually don't care. You know plenty of people are kinda fucked up, right?

Agreed, but If they genuinely didn't care then they wouldn't even comment at all. Which is why I think they're saying it to look cool.

#18 Posted by Undeadpool (4902 posts) -

@Animasta: Beat me to it by half an hour...*drops coffee cup, walks off*

@Video_Game_King said:

Wait, what? Christopher Walken was in a video game?

Drop EVERYthing that you're currently doing and watch this

#19 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Man, what was the cause of murders before we had radio?

#20 Posted by AndrewB (7438 posts) -

@mosdl: Those evil organized sports leagues.

#21 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@mosdl said:

Man, what was the cause of murders before we had radio?

Daguerreotypes.

#22 Posted by Hunter5024 (5506 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Ohhh you were quoting the video. That's what I get for only being a member a week.

#23 Posted by AlexW00d (6167 posts) -

Is this a joke? Is this not the same guy who is killing people just like the Ice Truck killer?

#24 Edited by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

To be far the game is based on the real murders of Jack the Ripper (Or at least the legend). So wouldn't this guy be in turn influenced by Jack?

Of course this doesn't make this any less fucked up.

#25 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Remember the Ripper game being fairly entertaining, not great but better than other games at the time. Think I'll have to dig through a closet at some point to see if I still have it, if not grab it online as it should be interesting to play it again.

#26 Posted by Robot_Moses (110 posts) -

This is hilarious. Yesterday was the first time I had the 'privilege' of playing Ripper also. I guess this case has them rattled.

#27 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

I got a fever. and the only perscription is lost of dead people.

#28 Posted by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

Ill read the better version on the vurtual hearald

#29 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

A conservative British tabloid is saying something ridiculous?! My God, what has the world come to? It's insanity, man!

#30 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Animasta said:

Perhaps they don't want to glorify, victimize, or encourage sensationalism over one particular murder because of the very fact that murders do occur constantly. I think the kind of assholes thinking any of this is amusing are the ones you should be concerned about, not the ones who don't think one murder should stand out from the crowd just because he was inspired by a number of pop-culture items.

#31 Posted by onan (1282 posts) -

"Canadian Cannibal uses the Postal Service to send dismembered parts of his lover to politicians"

Damn the postal service, enabling mail-order cannibalism for years and no one stopping them.