#1 Posted by woodelf86 (143 posts) -

My question is "Can you rip a game, play it, beat it, uninstall it(delete it from the drive) and still retain your save game so you don't lose your progress"  I would be curious to do this if I knew I wouldn't lose progress if I decided to install a different game

#2 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
woodelf86 said:
"My question is "Can you rip a game, play it, beat it, uninstall it(delete it from the drive) and still retain your save game so you don't lose your progress"  I would be curious to do this if I knew I wouldn't lose progress if I decided to install a different game"
you will have to save the saves, these are usually small amounts about 2MB each, you will have to put the CD in to play the disk as a proof of purchase, its just a way to load things up a bit faster (similar to the pc)
#3 Posted by Toseph (370 posts) -

I'd guess that saves would stay where they are now so you'd keep your saves if you deleted the ripped game from your HDD

#4 Posted by SlimDogg (159 posts) -

Yeah just as xplodedd said, your save file will a different file and have nothing to do with the install. For games i play alot this might be a useful option. 

#5 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

My question is What if I've broke the CD?

I got DMC4, beat it on Normal then broke the CD and now it doesn't work =(
Fingers crossed I can download it, I doubt it though.

How big are games, anyway? I thought they'd be bigger than 20GB.

#6 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -
I_smell said:
"My question is What if I've broke the CD?

I got DMC4, beat it on Normal then broke the CD and now it doesn't work =(
Fingers crossed I can download it, I doubt it though.

How big are games, anyway? I thought they'd be bigger than 20GB.
"
I don't think they are over 20GB,  Xbox360 discs can only hold 8GB or somewhere around that amount.
#7 Posted by duxup (354 posts) -

If you broke the disk then you can't play it as they do a disk check (you need the cd in the tray) to play the game.