#1 Edited by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Link.

Screenshots look kinda generic - can this game keep up the legacy of a janky, over the top crazy shooter or will this be the next Duke Nukem Forever?

Personally I am shocked by the lack of dual wielding in the screenshots. Looks like its PC/Steam for now and will support mods using Steamworks (I assume Workshop).

#2 Posted by Zidd (1841 posts) -

Looks good but will be dissapointed if ludicrous gibs are not included.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Here's to hoping that it's called Rise of the Triads Rising.

#4 Edited by ShaggE (6422 posts) -

This HAS to be good. I refuse to accept a world where it's not. I'm not asking for an amazing shooter here, just a batshit insane one with half decent gameplay.

And those gibs had better be LUDICROUS. You hear me, Apogee/Interceptor? I don't get passionate about remakes very often, but don't fuck up my ROTT.

Edit: Oh man, they have an option to play with the original sounds and soundtrack. So far, so good. Don't let me down, now.

#5 Edited by BlackLagoon (1409 posts) -

I expect an achievement for getting the Bonus Bonus (getting all the different bonuses in the same level) - which was so difficult to get in the original game that the developers never tested it, and it wasn't confirmed to work until a player did it years after release.

Edit: Wonder how they're doing the music... The it was really energetic and melodic, a stark contrast to modern shooters, and one of the things that made the game so distinctive.

#6 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -
Finally!
#7 Posted by kerikxi (540 posts) -

Apogee still exists? What the hell?

#8 Posted by President_Barackbar (3455 posts) -

Yes, finally they remake the one game that everyone wants! As long as the God hand and Dog mode are still in it, I am happy.

#9 Posted by alternate (2696 posts) -

It will never be as OTT and racist as the original so why bother?

#10 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2294 posts) -

Keep expectations in check, the last thing Interceptor tried to do was remake Duke3D which fell through, and the last two things the lead guy tried was a Sin remake (cancelled) and a Daikatana remake that he just stopped doing.

Also, the screenshots look just like the Wolfenstein that came out a few years ago.

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11849 posts) -

@kerikxi said:

Apogee still exists? What the hell?

Yeah =/ apparently the Apogee name was revived back in 2008.

I'm going to wait for HD versions of Secret Agent and Crystal Caves :o

#12 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Why is Apogee stil a thing?

#13 Posted by ShaggE (6422 posts) -

Okay, it's been half an hour since I heard the news... why is it not out yet!? *twitch*

#14 Posted by Jackel2072 (2254 posts) -

I am really excited about this!

#15 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

It won't be good.

#16 Posted by JoeyRavn (4967 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

I'm going to wait for HD versions of Secret Agent and Crystal Caves :o

Fuck. Yeah. I love me some Crystal Caves.

#17 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

@BlackLagoon: it said that players would have the option to use the original music and sound effects from the original game

#18 Edited by ShaggE (6422 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

It won't be good.

Don't you jinx it! Don't you dare!

Edit: Trailer's up!

... It's just a bad trailer, right? Just a bad trailer... good games come from shitty trailers all the time. All the time. Every day. ... Right?

#19 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

Keep expectations in check, the last thing Interceptor tried to do was remake Duke3D which fell through, and the last two things the lead guy tried was a Sin remake (cancelled) and a Daikatana remake that he just stopped doing.

Also, the screenshots look just like the Wolfenstein that came out a few years ago.

Fitting given how ROTT was supposed to be Wolfenstein sequel

#20 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Based off the few screenshots, definitely needs a dash of crazy added. Recently found this & good bit of history on the game with footage from Achievement Hunter:

#21 Posted by Fattony12000 (7307 posts) -
#22 Posted by Flacracker (1658 posts) -

I hope its as good as Duke Nukem Forever!

#23 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

What the fuck is happening? Am I suffering a massive head trauma?

#24 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

@Flacracker said:

I hope its as good as Duke Nukem Forever!

It might be.

#25 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

... It's just a bad trailer, right? Just a bad trailer... good games come from shitty trailers all the time. All the time. Every day. ... Right?

Bulletstorm had bad trailers and was a good shooter. Probably depends on the price for this

#26 Posted by Insectecutor (1186 posts) -

Looks like the site is down. Trailer makes the game look kinda bad, but I like the updated music.

#27 Edited by zaglis (909 posts) -

Larger than human head floating and spinning bronze coins. I'M IN.

#28 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Am I the only one seeing this? This can't be real.

#29 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Now all we need is a Darkforces reboot...

#30 Posted by AndrewB (7588 posts) -

@mosdl said:

With Sith Kyle Katarn.

#31 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

@mosdl said:

With Sith Kyle Katarn.

LucasArts was hiring for an fps...

#32 Posted by AndrewB (7588 posts) -

@mosdl: It's about time. Been bloody ages since that Jedi Knight 2 E3 reveal. Jedi Academy doesn't count, but even that was 2003.