KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Hey guys,

I'm willing to take the plunge and buy my first music rhythm of this generation.  I'm short on cash, and I'll already be picking up Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Final Fantasy XIII this year so that alone will be $230.

I heard I can buy Rock Band 2 for $90 and import all the Rock Band 1 songs for $5.  So that's a total of 160 songs for about $95...I'm also a huge Beatles fan...and really want Beatles Rock Band.  So I'm thinking of buying the standalone game for 40-60 bucks.  

This would make my grand total for gaming these 3 months about 400ish bucks.  

Should I wait longer for a further a price cut?  Or take the plunge now?  Any big difference with the RB2 and Beatles hardware?  

I would also like to add that once FFXIII is out this year, I will not be playing any other game for the following month.  Same goes for MW2.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By toowalrus

If you're into rhythm games, and a huge Beatles fan, then yeah, it's totally worth it. (You think it'll take you a month to finish FFXIII?)

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Systech

I would do it if I was in your position. Go for it.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
@TooWalrus said:
" If you're into rhythm games, and a huge Beatles fan, then yeah, it's totally worth it. (You think it'll take you a month to finish FFXIII?) "
You figure RPGs take about 60 hours to beat, and it'll be holiday when 13 comes out so I can put in about 6 hours a day for a full week...so I think a month is more than enough.  Sure I might go back and play again, but I just really want to beat FFXIII for story.
Monkeygb21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Monkeygb21

It is absolutely worth it!

You will be getting 170 songs for that $150.   Not to mention all the DLC you can add to extend the life of your Rock Band experience.

Go for it!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By toowalrus
@KaosAngel said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" If you're into rhythm games, and a huge Beatles fan, then yeah, it's totally worth it. (You think it'll take you a month to finish FFXIII?) "
You figure RPGs take about 60 hours to beat, and it'll be holiday when 13 comes out so I can put in about 6 hours a day for a full week...so I think a month is more than enough.  Sure I might go back and play again, but I just really want to beat FFXIII for story. "
Right, the way you phrased it, it seems like once XIII comes out, you'll be playing that exclusively for a full  month
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

You are not going to get a big price cut in any music games that you mentioned so go for it, sure. And you are in Japan right? You are lucky....

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Tolman
@KaosAngel said:
  "I heard I can buy Rock Band 2 for $90 and import all the Rock Band 1 songs for $5."

Im pretty sure you have to have rock band 1 to import the songs to rock band 2.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Afroman269
@KaosAngel said:

" Hey guys,  I'm willing to take the plunge and buy my first music rhythm of this generation.  I'm short on cash, and I'll already be picking up Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Final Fantasy XIII this year so that alone will be $230.  I heard I can buy Rock Band 2 for $90 and import all the Rock Band 1 songs for $5.  So that's a total of 160 songs for about $95...I'm also a huge Beatles fan...and really want Beatles Rock Band.  So I'm thinking of buying the standalone game for 40-60 bucks.    This would make my grand total for gaming these 3 months about 400ish bucks.    Should I wait longer for a further a price cut?  Or take the plunge now?  Any big difference with the RB2 and Beatles hardware?    I would also like to add that once FFXIII is out this year, I will not be playing any other game for the following month.  Same goes for MW2. "

I was looking for new instruments because my RB1 instruments were getting old and starting to wear out so I managed to find a RB 2 special edition for only $100 which gets you everything. Your best bet would then to just buy a stand alone copy of The Beatles. Also there isn't any real difference with The Beatles hardware. They just cost more and have their name printed on them and look somewhat different. THe RB2 hardware is just as good.