R&R (4/10): I Suck at Video Games

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By JeevesPleez

It's been awhile since I've updated. Stuff has happened.

I beat some games:

I'm not going to write about all of these because, frankly, I've forgot some details, but I'll give my thoughts on a couple of them. I guess I should update a little more often.

Turok

I wrote (aka complained) about this game last time. Those perceptions didn't change throughout my experience. Needless to say, I wanted it to end, and I was glad when it did.

N.O.V.A

It was better than I was expecting (no tactile feedback on thumbsticks kind of bothers me). Yeah, the control scheme was still a little tricky, but at least the game seemed to know and made up for it by giving you a generous shield system. By generous I mean IT GIVES YOU A LOT. It still felt too much like " Halo on iPhone" for obvious reasons to anyone who's played it (or heard about it... or seen screenshots...), but it was still fun.

Freedom Fighters

I don't know how I missed this when it came out. I found a used copy in Amazon's warehouse and played the fudge out of it. My first impressions? "Damn, this game is hard!" - I kept getting killed by every kind of Russian-engineered-death-causers until I figured out I could jump between the different areas. For instance, a helicopter was giving me crap (I totally sympathize with Ryan now)  while I was trying to rescue some POWs or something. So I go take out the helipad, then come back and finish rescuing the POWs. I just read that last sentence again and realized it doesn't convey what I want it to... essentially, you can accomplish one of the two goals on a map, move to a different area and do another, then come back and do the second objective. So, it's not open-world, but it's close. Fun, fun game, and yes, it does need a sequel.

I also started some games

Far Cry 2

Okay, I started this game a long time ago. I thought I kept my save file, but I didn't, apparently so I started all over. But, I got the blonde french girl as my "first and best buddy" so it's all good. Though, I wonder if this means we're in the "friend zone?"

Wolfenstein

I got this game on the cheaps recently and started playing it last night. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited to start killing cultist Nazis again... too excited.

Resident Evil 4

PS2. I've never really been compelled to play a resident evil since I watched my friend play the original on the PS. Some dogs jump through a window at some point... Anyway, this is the game where the title of this blog comes from. I had tried playing this game before, but kept dying early on in the village when they swarm at you that first time. For some reason (I guess I had just watched Brad play a quicklook of RE5 Desperate Escape - running in circles like a chicken with it's head cut off) and I got through that part on the first try. Turns out, I didn't even get to the late title card. Disappointed in myself, I saved, quit, then cried myself to sleep.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By JeevesPleez

It's been awhile since I've updated. Stuff has happened.

I beat some games:

I'm not going to write about all of these because, frankly, I've forgot some details, but I'll give my thoughts on a couple of them. I guess I should update a little more often.

Turok

I wrote (aka complained) about this game last time. Those perceptions didn't change throughout my experience. Needless to say, I wanted it to end, and I was glad when it did.

N.O.V.A

It was better than I was expecting (no tactile feedback on thumbsticks kind of bothers me). Yeah, the control scheme was still a little tricky, but at least the game seemed to know and made up for it by giving you a generous shield system. By generous I mean IT GIVES YOU A LOT. It still felt too much like " Halo on iPhone" for obvious reasons to anyone who's played it (or heard about it... or seen screenshots...), but it was still fun.

Freedom Fighters

I don't know how I missed this when it came out. I found a used copy in Amazon's warehouse and played the fudge out of it. My first impressions? "Damn, this game is hard!" - I kept getting killed by every kind of Russian-engineered-death-causers until I figured out I could jump between the different areas. For instance, a helicopter was giving me crap (I totally sympathize with Ryan now)  while I was trying to rescue some POWs or something. So I go take out the helipad, then come back and finish rescuing the POWs. I just read that last sentence again and realized it doesn't convey what I want it to... essentially, you can accomplish one of the two goals on a map, move to a different area and do another, then come back and do the second objective. So, it's not open-world, but it's close. Fun, fun game, and yes, it does need a sequel.

I also started some games

Far Cry 2

Okay, I started this game a long time ago. I thought I kept my save file, but I didn't, apparently so I started all over. But, I got the blonde french girl as my "first and best buddy" so it's all good. Though, I wonder if this means we're in the "friend zone?"

Wolfenstein

I got this game on the cheaps recently and started playing it last night. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited to start killing cultist Nazis again... too excited.

Resident Evil 4

PS2. I've never really been compelled to play a resident evil since I watched my friend play the original on the PS. Some dogs jump through a window at some point... Anyway, this is the game where the title of this blog comes from. I had tried playing this game before, but kept dying early on in the village when they swarm at you that first time. For some reason (I guess I had just watched Brad play a quicklook of RE5 Desperate Escape - running in circles like a chicken with it's head cut off) and I got through that part on the first try. Turns out, I didn't even get to the late title card. Disappointed in myself, I saved, quit, then cried myself to sleep.

Anyway, thanks for reading.