Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Karmum
Hexpane said:
"ParrapatehRappa said:
"Hexpane said:
"Diamond said:

No consumer electronics have a failure rate under 1%...  It's typically 2-3%.  Advanced stuff like 360, PS3, and PC components typically have higher fail rates, but I'm sure launch 360's fail rate was at least 33% yearly.

I personally think the vast majority of multiplatform titles are better on 360 than PC, but it's a matter of opinion.
"
Link to stats?

It doesnt matter what you "personally think" that 360 versions are better on the 360, the actual FACTS indicate otherwise.  Frame rates and resolutions are not something you can argue.  Throw in mods, DLC etc.. and it is not even a discussion.

However console to PC backwards ports are often shitty.  Halo and GTA4 are examples of poorly done ports.
"
I thought it was a fact that 33% of release 360's up till about a year and a half after release were very prone to RRoD? Have you been living under a rock?
"
re-read the posts Diamond is making claims about consumer electronics failure rates and "advanced stuff like" failure rates.  If you are going to post stats, you need sources.  Otherwise it's meaningless
"
Article(s) from July of 2007 (back when the red ring of death was really, really bad), gave estimations into the 30 percent range. Here is one, although it is an estimation, it was very high.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Diamond
ParrapatehRappa said:
Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead and Oblivion for the PC all beg to differ. Vastly superior in every way compared to their console counter parts."
lol wow, guess I shouldn't try to argue with you but that's not 'MOST' multiplatform titles, that's a small handful.  Also, Left 4 Dead is very comparable to the PC version.  TF2 only comes in Orange Box on 360 (HL2 and E1 having features never patched into the PC version).  A lot of games are arguably better on one platform or another.  There's a much bigger quantity of multiplatform games such as GTA4 which are better on the 360.  I simply object to saying most multiplatform titles are better on PC, which is not true.

Hexpane said:
re-read the posts Diamond is making claims about consumer electronics failure rates and "advanced stuff like" failure rates.  If you are going to post stats, you need sources.  Otherwise it's meaningless
I assumed everyone already knew this (except for the guy I was responding to).  There is no universal study I know of, but it's widely accepted by companies as an 'acceptable' failure rate.  The guy said he wouldn't buy a 360 before failure rate is below 1% and that's not realistic for a consumer level product.
BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By BODDAH

I still play my SNES. Nintendo kicks ass.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Karmum
Diamond said:
"ParrapatehRappa said:
Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead and Oblivion for the PC all beg to differ. Vastly superior in every way compared to their console counter parts."
lol wow, guess I shouldn't try to argue with you but that's not 'MOST' multiplatform titles, that's a small handful.  Also, Left 4 Dead is very comparable to the PC version.  TF2 only comes in Orange Box on 360 (HL2 and E1 having features never patched into the PC version).  A lot of games are arguably better on one platform or another.  There's a much bigger quantity of multiplatform games such as GTA4 which are better on the 360.  I simply object to saying most multiplatform titles are better on PC, which is not true.
"
All you had to say was Valve, and the fact that Elder Scrolls originated on the PC, and Bethesda is a PC developer at heart, and mods make all games even better.I mean seriously ParrapatehRappa, talk about letting yourself being called out on that one. Try not to pick games that have developers who excell in the PC division.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Diamond
Karmum said:
All you had to say was Valve, and the fact that Elder Scrolls originated on the PC, and Bethesda is a PC developer at heart, and mods make all games even better.I mean seriously ParrapatehRappa, talk about letting yourself being called out on that one. Try not to pick games that have developers who excell in the PC division.
Arguably there is no developer that really focuses on PC anymore.  To support his argument there are other games that are better on PC, FEAR, FEAR2, Prey, Quake 4...  I just think the majority are better on 360, but I can see how a lot of games might go either way.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Karmum
Diamond said:
"Karmum said:
Arguably there is no developer that really focuses on PC anymore.  To support his argument there are other games that are better on PC, FEAR, FEAR2, Prey, Quake 4...  I just think the majority are better on 360, but I can see how a lot of games might go either way.
"
True, but you have seen more games from Valve and Bethesda on the PC, instead of on the consoles. But as you mentioned, that will likely be ending.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
DuhQbnSiLo said:
"way said:
"

An NES from 1985 still works.

But a 360 from 2005 breaks after a few months?

How can you people tolerate this?

"
this is why

Black_Rose
said:
"Shit happens
"
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Why do you care? I've had one problem e74 error *not even an RROD* and it was sent, fixed, and sent back to me in a week and 2 days, i downloaded my stuff in a lil over 2 hours and was back to playing....The 360 offers great games, AS for that why is it you don't ask how people dealt with ps2 dre?
"
cause ps2's problems were fixed ASAP and never happened again. idiots like you that think its ok cause it has good games are the reasons why.

I didn't pay for my 360
haven't paid for xbox live in 2 years
and dont pay for games...

screw microsoft they haven't got a penny from me and never will
"

The ps2s problems were never fixed they happend up till and even in the Slimline runs the DRE were widespread and infact created the TERM DRE for gamers, sony NEVER recognized the DRE problem and quite a few people that wanted the ps2 fixed because of it were refused and had to pay houndreds of dollars to get it fixed, sony was sued over this problem and had to settle out of court because they weren't sure they could win.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Sony+loses+ps2+class+action+suit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

""A Sony rep confirmed the settlement for GameSpot but insisted it is in no way an admission of guilt. "While we are convinced that there is no problem with these models, and that we would win if we defended this case through trial, we have agreed to settle these lawsuits to avoid the extraordinary high cost of cumbersome class action litigation," the representative said.""

How is it that by your words these problems were Fixed ASAP if sony never recognized they were a problem and infact even after settling out of court cause they couldn't win still talking as if there was never a problem.
P.S:And RETARDS like you can never understand that the PS2 won last generation because of one thing Games games games games, Games sell the system not the system it self, Wii this generation has cheap price and new audiance, And ps2 last gen had games massive amounts of games.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#58  Edited By Eder

Playing games on my TV is better than a monitor. But if I hooked my PC to my TV..... hmm...

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Drebin_893
WilliamRLBaker said:
"DuhQbnSiLo said:
"way said:
"

An NES from 1985 still works.

But a 360 from 2005 breaks after a few months?

How can you people tolerate this?

"
this is why

Black_Rose
said:
"Shit happens
"
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Why do you care? I've had one problem e74 error *not even an RROD* and it was sent, fixed, and sent back to me in a week and 2 days, i downloaded my stuff in a lil over 2 hours and was back to playing....The 360 offers great games, AS for that why is it you don't ask how people dealt with ps2 dre?
"
cause ps2's problems were fixed ASAP and never happened again. idiots like you that think its ok cause it has good games are the reasons why.

I didn't pay for my 360
haven't paid for xbox live in 2 years
and dont pay for games...

screw microsoft they haven't got a penny from me and never will
"

The ps2s problems were never fixed they happend up till and even in the Slimline runs the DRE were widespread and infact created the TERM DRE for gamers, sony NEVER recognized the DRE problem and quite a few people that wanted the ps2 fixed because of it were refused and had to pay houndreds of dollars to get it fixed, sony was sued over this problem and had to settle out of court because they weren't sure they could win.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Sony+loses+ps2+class+action+suit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

""A Sony rep confirmed the settlement for GameSpot but insisted it is in no way an admission of guilt. "While we are convinced that there is no problem with these models, and that we would win if we defended this case through trial, we have agreed to settle these lawsuits to avoid the extraordinary high cost of cumbersome class action litigation," the representative said.""

How is it that by your words these problems were Fixed ASAP if sony never recognized they were a problem and infact even after settling out of court cause they couldn't win still talking as if there was never a problem.
P.S:And RETARDS like you can never understand that the PS2 won last generation because of one thing Games games games games, Games sell the system not the system it self, Wii this generation has cheap price and new audiance, And ps2 last gen had games massive amounts of games.

"
Dude, I don't want to say this in an offensive way, but I had no idea you were such a fanboy.
Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Eder

Fanboy or not, I think hes right. Games games games games games.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Drebin_893

Oh yeah, totally. I was just suprised, I always thought he was trustworthy.

The 360 is the best console out there, for a multitude of reasons. Games being a large amount.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Eder

Oh ok so ... Yeah I hate the whole RROD thing. I never had a problem with my ps2 thought, it still works.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Demyx

I've heard a lot of problems with the PS2's last generation. But I had never experienced it.

It does suck. but you get used to it.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By KamasamaK
Eder said:
"Oh ok so ... Yeah I hate the whole RROD thing. I never had a problem with my ps2 thought, it still works."
Of course you hate it. Anyone who defends something like that is a tool. I did have problems with my PS2 getting the DRE a few times, but luckily it was fairly easy to fix so I didn't have to pay anything.
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By grilledcheez

I tolerate it because I like to play games.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

i agree, shittiest built console ever, one of the best for games however

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Oh I forgot to add this....So you never had to blow in your NES or nes carts to get them to work then?