#1 Posted by ScoopsTherobot (32 posts) -
#2 Posted by ScoopsTherobot (32 posts) -

I want to get into RTSs but I don't know where to start. Could you guys please help? 
#3 Posted by TheDoubleJ (204 posts) -

the fire emblem games are pretty simple also
#4 Posted by Rinkalicous (1340 posts) -

Starcraft 2 fo sho'. Just go through the campaign, play some practice league games and you'll be fine. 

Don't be afraid to play the practice league games. You'll probably lose the first match, but the level of play is seriously low there, so you'll be doing fine pretty quick. Just jump in and give it a go.

#5 Posted by Goldanas (546 posts) -

Starcraft II has a wealth of depth that isn't too hard to grasp. It'd take some time, but you should really hit the ground running.

#6 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

There is no real RTS for beginners seeing as they are much different from each other.

#7 Posted by MackGyver (545 posts) -

Age of Empires 2 or Rise of Nations. But if I had to choose from the list, I would go with World in Conflict, even though it's not your typical RTS.

#8 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@kous18 said:
" the fire emblem games are pretty simple also "
Not real time.
#9 Posted by ScoopsTherobot (32 posts) -

Thanks for the suggestions!
#10 Posted by ATrevelan (606 posts) -

Halo Wars is pretty good for a console RTS, but it isn't necessarily a good "beginner" entry because it lacks many RTS standbys that you need to get used to. Base building is really streamlined, the economy is more or less autonomous, and unit control is kept to a minimum due to the restrictions of the controller. 

If you've got a PC, I'd recommend Supreme Commander 2 as a pretty decent intro to RTS games. It's not nearly as hardcore as its predecessor but it still includes pretty much everything.

#11 Posted by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -
@MackGyver said:
" Age of Empires 2 or Rise of Nations. "
This (if you aren't interested in ladder games) even though I've only played Age of Empires 2 (my first rts) but I've heard really good things about Rise of Nations. 

If you are interested in getting into competitive multiplayer I would suggest Starcraft 2 cause I hear that's the hip new thing with the kids these days.
#12 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -
@kous18 said:
Yes but they are extremely hard once you get further into the game. Starcraft 2 or Warcraft 3 should be good enough for beginners.
#13 Posted by Earthborn (386 posts) -

I know it just came out, but Starcraft 2 has the best ease-into-it kind of missions so new players can really get going on it. Challenges are great, and there's a beginner's league so you can get used to playing online against people without anything really riding on it.
#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @kous18 said:
Not real time. "
Yea, that confused the hell out of me when I saw it. If you want a real time strategy RPG, try Ogre Battle. As for something that will help you get into RTSes, Starcraft is pretty good at helping you get into the genre.
#15 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (499 posts) -

StarCraft 2

#16 Posted by oldbriggs (5 posts) -

StarCraft 2 is really a lot of fun. It won't just toss you into the game wondering what to do either. It also has a great story as far as RTS games go.

#17 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

batallion wars lol