Ruiner - A cyberpunk game to fill in the time until Deus Ex or Cyberpunk 2077.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ruiner is a game that's coming out, and it looks like a great 3D cyberpunk Hotline Miami.

As usual, Devolver is showing off their very keen eye on what indie projects to pick up. Been reading Snow Crash and a bunch of other cyberpunk literature recently, so I'm in the mood for something like this. As an added bonus, for me at least, this is also another project out of Poland, which is quickly becoming a surprising hotbed of quality games development. Though I have noticed that they tend to stick to very old school type games, outside of CD Projekt of course. No current release date outside of 2016 at the moment.

I'm not the only one that thinks this slightly resembles Hatred's original trailer though, right?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many decks can you punch?

Stylish trailer and graphically looks good but gameplay looks a bit samey; probably just another twin stick shooter. But hey, maybe there's more to it or it's a really well playing one of those.

It is devolver publishing so my interest is definitely piqued. Seems a little odd for them to be publishing something with a little graphic fidelity for once. ;)

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Game looks slick, trailer looks/sounds amazing. Devolver Digital has been killing it with what they've released.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

Hmm could be neat, gotta see how gameplay shapes up, i'll keep an eye on nit at least.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm getting a bit of a Crusader: No Remorse vibe. Looks interesting.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

Oh wow, this looks super cool!

I vaguely remember the exact beats of the original trailer for Hatred, but yeah, it came to mind nonetheless.The whole smooth-looking 3D kinda-isometric thing reminded me of it, but without all the controversial bullshit.

Gameplay looks a lot more interesting too, and obviously the aesthetics here are fucking killer.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now Devolver just has to license Nine Inch Nails' Ruiner.

That being said I think the game looks pretty darn good. It's got that twin stick shooter vibe and kind of reminds me of Hatred but with a very different theme of course. But I am actually more interested in the clips of the character just walking through the streets and no shooting is happening. It would be great if there is more to the game.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

...Heeeeeey.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Looks super stylish. After Hyper Light Drifter I was totally ready for another game where I massacre enemies in style and what better setting than cyber-punk?

The dash move has me hoping there will be a lot of cool upgrades.

Man I just love the look of it.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit looks pretty tight. I'm really loving Devolver Digital, they pick they're games right.

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks neat.

No Caption Provided

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nice, first thing I've read about it. I'm keeping my eye on this one, looks like it has tons of potential.
I just love that trippy "do you hear the voices too?!?" shit. Please be good!

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks pretty sweet. I really liked the weird ass voice acting too. Hopefully that lady isn't just in the trailer.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the main website of this reveals some more details about the game, and to be honest, it's just looking cooler and cooler. They specifically call it a "A STORY-DRIVEN GAME CREATED IN THE SPIRIT OF CULT CYBERPUNK ANIME".
http://ruinergame.com/

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@adequatelyprepared: Holy hell that looks great. I was put off by your description at first since I'm not a big fan of Hotline Miami, but this looks quite fun. The dodge mechanics look very bloodborne-esque and I'm digging that. Also love the art style a lot more than Hotline Miami's. I am not one for 80s vice color pallete so that wasn't working for me in Hotline (though GTA Vice City was pretty awesome for other reasons).

Any who, thanks for the post dude. Definitely going to keep my eye on this one now. Devolver fucking rocks!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I want a helmet with a flashing, bleakly humorous message.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@adequatelyprepared: The way that website is structured in the STORY section is super neat as well. Nothing new about big corporations making a paradise for themselves up top while the dredges of society end up crawling through the gutters down below, but man like everything else about this game the presentation is stylish as heck.