• 93 results
#1 Edited by Halberdierv2 (1873 posts) -

I was browsing around the internet and came across this tidbit.

STEAMBANANA: Halo, and Other Titles Coming to Steam? (Steam > News > Games)

for those who don't want to read it,

"Now, before we go on with the details on what we have heard, this is unconfirmed although the evidence is there.
The internet is a great place, and the reason as to why I say that is because there's a tool open to the public to view Steam's Database. This tool is the most popular and reliable on the internet. Earlier today, information has been released that Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo and many other titles have been added to the Database.
Although this is not a confirmed source of information, many titles that have been added to the database have surfaced up on the Steam Store months later. To add, a Halo Community page had been added to the steam network but later was taken down do to the spam overload.
The full list of new titles added to the Steam Database:
La-Mulana
The Splatters
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+)
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Fez
LucasArts Test App
Fast and Furious 6
Lococycle
Yogventures!
Hardware
Hardware (Demo)
Dyad
Cut the Rope
Shadow Warrior Complete
Hardware (VIP)
Hardware (Internal)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
Retro/Grade
Resident Evil: Revelations
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH
Quantum Conundrum 2
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
The Witness
Angry Birds Space
Angry Birds Seasons
Second Life

as it says, it's unconfirmed, but still seems interesting. what do you think?

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

If it'll get people playing Halo 2's multiplayer online again, I'm all for it.

#3 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I want to believe that I could play Halo 3 on PC, especially since I sold my 360 a couple months ago. I really do. I just can't though.

I guess with the "nextbox" right around the corner MS don't their flagship series tied down to the 360 to sell consoles.

#4 Posted by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

I would imagine as soon as next gen consoles come out, every successful console exclusive from this gen will find it's way onto PC

#5 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Why would they release Halo 2 when the servers were just taken down?

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

...because on PC you can host your own servers?

#7 Posted by mrfluke (5271 posts) -
#8 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2495 posts) -

Why would Halo 3 come to Steam? It never had a PC release.

Not to say I'm against it though. If this actually happens and the next Xbox isn't backwards compatible than fuck I'd hop on the PC bandwagon just for Halo 3.

#9 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -
#10 Posted by myketuna (1725 posts) -

I'm extremely skeptical of any of this Halo on Steam talk. No matter how they got the info. But if it happens, I might bite on a Halo Collection steam sale.

#11 Posted by flasaltine (1682 posts) -

I would play Halo 3 on PC. I had a ton of fun with that on the 360 with the forge and custom game modes. Also it is a multiplayer shooter without a shitty progression system that ruins balance.

#12 Posted by mrfluke (5271 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@mrfluke said:

@TooWalrus said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

...because on PC you can host your own servers?

hes probably talking about this

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/17/halo-2-pc-servers-shutting-down-next-month

Ah.

its them probably just making the way for a halo 2 anniversary edition next year, since 2014 will be 10 years since halo 2 has been released.

i cant believe its already been so long.

#13 Posted by DarthOrange (3867 posts) -

Did that say their was going to be a Fast and Furious 6 game? Fuck I hope that's true. 

#14 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

one hat: Fez

#15 Posted by EuanDewar (5032 posts) -

halo 3 on pc would be fuckin rad

#16 Posted by 49th (2785 posts) -

Cool, I've always enjoyed Halo on the few times I've played it. Hopefully there will be some kind of Halo pack in a Steam sale sometime.

#17 Posted by believer258 (11995 posts) -

If Halo 3 is coming to Steam then I am going to buy it day one. TAKE MY MONEY.

Also, I hope that Halo 2 gets some kind of crazy-good update. It won't, but man, that game deserves way better.

#18 Posted by BeachThunder (12094 posts) -

:o Quantum Conundrum 2?

#19 Posted by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

I would be all for that if we could buy all the games up to and including halo 4 in some bundle. I loved the halo universe after reading a bunch of the books but could never get into the games because of their console only stuff. I hate playing shooters with controllers.

#20 Posted by BaneFireLord (2952 posts) -
#21 Posted by Slab64 (1059 posts) -

OOH, The Witness.

Sorry, I forgot to care about Halo.

#22 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3222 posts) -

If they're coming to PC, they better be good fucking ports. Halo CE, despite my hundreds of hours into it, was a goddamn mess.

#23 Posted by Damodar (1428 posts) -

I would buy KOFXIII on PC.

#24 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Naked Cortana

THE #1 MOD

also LOCOcycle

#25 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1809 posts) -
#26 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

Windows 8 exclusive...

#27 Posted by darklink6849 (37 posts) -

This probably means something.

The game hub now redirects to the steam store: http://steamcommunity.com/app/216800

But the official group is up: http://steamcommunity.com/games/216800

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

Putting Halo 2 on Steam would be a REAL weird move simply because the online multiplayer is being taken offline

#29 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I like how Microsoft come back to PC with their Halo games after they've exhausted the sales on 360. It was lousy with 2 and it'll be lousy with 3.

#30 Posted by JeanLuc (3591 posts) -

I really doubt it, however if its true I'll buy Halo 3 for the PC in a heartbeat.

#31 Posted by EpicSteve (6492 posts) -

Halo 3 never had a PC release. No reason to randomly go back and re-release Halo 3. Well, maybe there's a legacy collection coming out later.

#32 Edited by spaghettitime (32 posts) -

I don't know why you would even remotely believe this kind of rumor. The PC support was only included in the original because Bungie had initially begun development outside of the X-Box, and the sequel only received a makeshift port in order to push Windows Vista and its subesequently extinct disc streaming technology.

That isn't to say I wouldn't have a lot of fun playing Halo 3/ODST on PC, but I have serious trouble even entertaining the idea that they'd put effort into something that wouldn't even register as a blip on their sales radar.

#33 Posted by Quarters (1751 posts) -

A Fast and Furious 6 game? First I've heard of it. Speaking of which, that trailer was NUTS tonight.

#34 Posted by spaghettitime (32 posts) -

@Quarters said:

A FF6 game? First I've heard of it. Speaking of which, that trailer was NUTS tonight.

Those racing movies are starting to turn into the Final Fantasy of Film. The FFF if you will.

#35 Posted by kindgineer (2770 posts) -

Yeah, I highly doubt it. Also, how is Steam's Database a non-credited source? Seems a bit silly.

On another note, why would Microsoft release the Halo franchise to Steam when it would boost the hell out of Windows 8 and Windows 8 store sales? I already own Windows 8, but I would buy each one on the marketplace in an instance.

Yeah; not happening.

#36 Posted by SSully (4232 posts) -

Fucking right, Dyad on PC.

#37 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@ck1nd said:

Yeah, I highly doubt it. Also, how is Steam's Database a non-credited source? Seems a bit silly.

On another note, why would Microsoft release the Halo franchise to Steam when it would boost the hell out of Windows 8 and Windows 8 store sales? I already own Windows 8, but I would buy each one on the marketplace in an instance.

Yeah; not happening.

"Requires Windows 8 to Play" and voila.  
Worked so well for Vista, remember?... oh wait, how did that go again. 
Right, I was playing Halo 2 on XP. 
#38 Posted by kindgineer (2770 posts) -

@ZeForgotten: Yes, but to compare Vista to Windows 8 is going a bit far. Windows 8 is a fantastic platform that gets shit for being different. We get it, if you don't like it that's fine, but it's perfectly acceptable and I doubt Microsoft would pass off an opportunity as that .

#39 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@ck1nd: That is true, also I have nothing against Windows 8. 
But they could just do that, really. Just say "Only playable on Windows 8" and sell it in their store and on Steam.  

But I think you're right that it's not gonna happen.  
Even if it might I'm not even sure I wanna actually play them again. 
#40 Posted by spaghettitime (32 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

@ZeForgotten: Yes, but to compare Vista to Windows 8 is going a bit far. Windows 8 is a fantastic platform that gets shit for being different. We get it, if you don't like it that's fine, but it's perfectly acceptable and I doubt Microsoft would pass off an opportunity as that .

I think he's pointing out the fact that Microsoft's attempts to force OS versions in PC games (for no practical reason at all as in Crysis) have always been met with workarounds for people who don't want to pay an additional $100 just to play a game their PC can already run.

Halo still ain't coming to Steam, makes no sense.

#41 Posted by Daneian (1245 posts) -

If they're good ports, I will buy every Halo game again.

#42 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2259 posts) -

Man I've been wanting Halo 3 for PC for years and I don't see how it could do any better sales wise now for 360 since we are at the end of this cycle.

#43 Posted by BulletStorm (487 posts) -

You know what? I'd totally sink another 100+ hours into any/all Halo games if they were on steam. I just experience Halo: CE LAN the other day, and I'm ready for more massive PC Halo games.

#45 Posted by Brendan (7844 posts) -

Check this out:

I would buy Halo games on PC, hook that PC up to my TV, and play the games with a wireless controller. Is this madness?

#46 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

Halo on Steam?

..... Only if Microsoft's able to wring Steam from Gabe's cold dead hands. :P

(Are people already forgetting Gabe's vendetta against Windows 8?)

#47 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

lol

#48 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

@Brendan said:

Check this out:

I would buy Halo games on PC, hook that PC up to my TV, and play the games with a wireless controller. Is this madness?

Not really, the 1080p resolution plus 60 frames is well worth doing that.

#49 Posted by streetninja (157 posts) -
@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka: Remember the remarks he made about the PS3, then the Portal 2 thing happened. Business is business, so I'm sure that just because of the decisions MS made with Windows 8 really burned any bridges with Valve or Gabe. 

That being said, this rumor has to be full of shit.
#50 Posted by TheHT (11524 posts) -

Halo 3 is the only one I haven't played (well, OK, I guess now that includes 4, Reach, ODST, and... Halo Wars?), though I enjoyed the others on the PC. Actually I just enjoyed Halo: CE on PC. Halo 2 was completely forgettable.

What I'm saying is I'd totally play Halo 3 on PC. Also Lococycle and Dyad.