#1 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

Avalanche Studios CEO Christofer Sundberg recently teased a new image of a game that looks a lot like a Just Cause game. This image was posted on twitter with the message:

“Is it a bird? Is it a plane? #yearoftheavalanche #avalanchestudios. Tease is all I do as I’m just as full of shit as the rest of them. Or am I? #e32013 #goforknockout."

I'm putting my money on this being a Just Cause 3 reveal for next gen consoles but we'll see.

Source

#2 Posted by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

Might as well just confirm it now. It's not the most subtle or mysterious tease i've seen.

#3 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I'm all in for a new Just Cause.

#4 Edited by RawknRo11a (555 posts) -

I really hope so. I enjoyed 2 far more than I thought I would. Plus, what the hell has Avalanche been working on?

#5 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4167 posts) -

I saw a Kotaku comment saying that it might be on a island of Africa, so they can have multiple environments.

I'd kinda rather Australia, though.

#6 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: Africa? Did Kotaku just pull that one out of their ass, or do they have some rationale behind it?

#7 Edited by 49th (2697 posts) -

I hope they go fully crazy with the third game. No more boring missions, just completely insane and fun.

#8 Edited by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

I'm all in for another Just Cause as well.

#9 Edited by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@phatmac: If that teaser image isn't Rico, then I don't know what it is. It looks just like him. The outfit, the freefall animation, the visual style all lead me to believe this is JC3. All I can say is aww yisss.aww yiss owl

Sorry for the random bold text. Site is doing it and I don't know why.

#10 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

@kerned said:

@blu3v3nom07: Africa? Did Kotaku just pull that one out of their ass, or do they have some rationale behind it?

to be fair, there's nowhere else it'd really be.

Something like Mauritius or somethin

#11 Edited by Scrawnto (2436 posts) -

You know what? Sure. Let's do this.

#12 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4167 posts) -

@kerned said:

Well I mean, its just some Comment, on Kotaku. If you must know:

It will probably take place on a fictitious island off the coast of Africa. That way we can have a full range of different environments.

#13 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: and australia would be dumb since it'd just be a large single area... and they've already done the south pacific in JC2, which is close enough to australia for it to be same old.

#14 Edited by Jimbo (9776 posts) -
@kerned said:

Just 'cause

#15 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2214 posts) -

A next gen Just Cause 3 game would blow my mind scale and visual detail wise. Also full on destruction with any building taking advantage of next gen physics.

#16 Posted by BaneFireLord (2913 posts) -

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme.

#17 Posted by seamus85 (116 posts) -

yes yes....please give me co-op

#18 Posted by EVO (3871 posts) -

Africa would be amazing. Imagine grappling a plane to a giraffe.

#19 Edited by rentacop (107 posts) -

JC2 was the most stupid fun I've ever had with a game. JC3 would be a day 1 without hesitation.

#20 Posted by Andorski (5204 posts) -

The picture makes me think of a Just Cause game set in the 1920's-1930's.

#21 Edited by Sursh (243 posts) -

i can't for the life of me remember what i did in just cause 2. but i seem to recall that i loved the shit out of that vapid, soulless, mindless shit... SHIT.

#22 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Just Cause hipster edition