I like bullet points, so here are the facts in that format:
- Rumors originated from The Paul Gale Network that claimed that a Sony themed brawler named "Title Fight" included characters such as Parappa, Kratos and Nathan Drake.
- SuperBot Entertainment is a new Sony exclusive developer working on an unconfirmed PS3 title for SCEA.
- A job advert shows that SuperBot is looking for a senior combat designer with "a strong familiarity with fighting games and fighting game theory."
- Another job advert shows that SuperBot's looking for a lead designer "a strong familiarity with online mode and matchmaking design as they apply to console gaming".
- There are images of fighting sticks on SuperBot's website.
- Sony has responded to interrogations about this the typical: "We do not comment on rumor or speculation."
I've always wondered why they haven't made a game like this. They made that Playstation Move Heroes game, which obviously doesn't come close to what I would like to see. I hope that this turns out to be real.
From Globox_82 @ NeoGAF:
this guy is senior level designer. Some comments from his twitter. https://twitter.com/#!/TheAuburnSky
1.Our capture station and waiting area - Parappa is a permanent resident http://twitpic.com/6a60jz
2.The character artist sitting a row ahead of mine is modeling polygonal female boobies. Carry on...
Then posted this pic
3.Our studio fighters getting their brawl on http://twitpic.com/6au76k
4.Racing to finish a level design doc for today's review - map layout is looking spiffy if I do say so myself.
5.Slam! Second level design pitch approved by our studio leads! Now onto Sony Santa Monica for a final green light.
6.In the middle of a skype video interview with a level design candidate from Osaka, Japan.
7.New Sony Playstation commercial vaguely foreshadowing our soon to be announced title - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HBuK3EcY6vk
8.Checking out the original art assets from a Sony IP title we're appropriating for my level - very cool seeing this environment in raw form.
9.Fuck you clown!
(THIS more or less confirms it)
And looking at his previous work there are no fighting games.
Someone save these pics in case he removes them.
Additional pic with stuff (Sweet Tooth and Kratos mentioned in the same project):