Rumour: Command and Conquer 4! Final game, RPG and MMO elements.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills

Found this on NeoGAF.

No Caption Provided

A preview of a new game coming. Looks a bit like C&C.

Also:

[quote]In an official EA survey sent to some C&C fans this evening, a question strongly suggested that the next C&C game--C&C 4--would be a "RPG-like player progression, persistent in both single player and Multiplayer modes, co-op play, and new stylized, live-action cinematics."

The full text of the particular survey question indicated that the game would be the "epic conclusion to the 15-year series." A later question asked fans if they found the possibility of a conclusion to C&C appealing.

The two survey questions were jumbled in with many more mundane questions about owning and liking C&C games, but neither indicated that the given description for C&C 4 was hypothetical in any way.

A later question asked fans about what features they'd like to see in future C&C games, perhaps undercutting the notion that C&C 4 will be the last title, though many of the options seemed like they could be folded into the described game. The possible options were:

Play in the first RTS game with MMORPG like player progression in which you are rewarded every time you play. Every unit you kill in single player, multiplayer, or skirmish gives you experience points that allows you to level up your abilities and unlock new units, powers, and upgrades to your arsenal.

Introducing the first mobile base in RTS games: The Crawler. Focus on the action as the Crawler becomes your all-in-one base, which can be deployed and redeployed anywhere on the battlefield for even more strategic options

Play with all new, bigger and badder, units from GDI and Nod, including the Crawler, the first ever mobile base in RTS games

Dive into an all-new story written by a new scriptwriting team and told through trademark C&C cinematics taken to the next level with grittier, stylized FMVs in the vein of Minority Report.

Play in the first ever class-based C&C game – a new challenge for C&C and RTS players to master

Play the campaign on your own or tackle it with a friend, as co-operative campaigns return

Play in epic 5 vs 5 online multiplayer with all new objective-based game modes

This report is unconfirmed. An email has been sent to EA seeking confirmation. C&C Labs/C&C Generals World is--so far--the only site to report this news, but believes it is not a hoax[/quote]

MMO? 10 player online battles? Class based? Sounds like whatever there planning they are really going to shake things up! Do want!

Edit: Aw man, how do I quote properly?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Fuck yes!!!  I've thought that the idea of an MMO-RTS set in the C&C universe, if done properly, would be an incredible idea.  Hopefully, it turns out better than the Theatre of War setup on Endwar.  = D

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I can't see RPG progression in a RTS multiplayer ending well. RTS's need to be extremely balanced or the whole game breaks. If you have an RPG style progression system, it gives higher leveled players an advantage, unbalances the game and ruins the game. In single player, sure, it can't do any harm, but in the multiplayer it just won't work.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Ferginator4k

im not a big c&c fan, but sounds cool.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hitchenson

"Introducing the first mobile base in RTS games: The Crawler. Focus on the action as the Crawler becomes your all-in-one base, which can be deployed and redeployed anywhere on the battlefield for even more strategic options" - I swear past C&C's had this?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

Don't be like RA3 and I'm happy, I'm an RA fan the most of the CandC series but RA3 didn't interest me at all and this was confirmed when I played it.

t2t2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By t2t2

As someone who took the survey I can say that these 2 things (the description and features) were mentioned in the survey.

(A little off topic but in the survey when they asked for favorite gaming sites, Giant Bomb was first in the row of sites (But it was probably in a randomized order))

Oh and the survey's here if you want to check it out.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By tekmojo

I like my RTS games strict. MMOey feel might work in custom matches and single-player, but I don't think it's going to help the competitive gameplay.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By ToxicAntidote

I don't see a problem with the RPG/MMOish persistent multiplayer style as long as they implant a so called "true skill system", that puts equal players against each other. It works in FPS like Call of Duty 4, so why not in a RTS like Command & Conquer?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By penguindust

RPG elements in an RTS?  Why does this remind me of Warcraft 3?  Not that I am completely bagging on the idea.  I have always preferred the C&C games over the Blizzard RTS titles, so there is a good chance I'll take a look at this.  Albeit, I preferred the Red Alert games over the GDI/NOD C&C games. because the Red Alert games where ridiculously over the top.  I'd like to know more about how the MMO aspect would work.  I can only assume each player would have a "hero" character and victories would provide experience.  As standard, the higher your level the better a bonus your troops have.  And, like most PvP RTS games, I predict much deception and team-ups to grief.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By metal_mills
@Ineedaname said:
" Don't be like RA3 and I'm happy, I'm an RA fan the most of the CandC series but RA3 didn't interest me at all and this was confirmed when I played it. "
Same. I thought RA3 was boring. I love the others though.