#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4136 posts) -

Now that Microsoft has done away with the controversial new policies it announced during the Xbox One’s unveiling, gamers are coming around and anticipation is mounting. Pre-sales of the console have been “through the roof” according to Microsoft, and some expect Xbox One sales to crush sales of Sony’s rival PlayStation 4 console. Now, if a new leak ends up panning out, the Xbox One will have another big advantage over the PS4: Two full weeks of sales before the PlayStation 4 launches this winter.

According to the Xbox One preorder page on Toys R Us’ UK website, Microsoft’s new video game console is set to launch on November 29th. The same site states on the PlayStation 4 preorder page that Sony’s next-generation console will be available for sale beginning two weeks later on December 13th. While neither date is confirmed at this point, their presence on a website belonging to one of Microsoft and Sony’s retail partners could be a good sign. ..

BGR: Xbox One to reportedly launch November 29th, beating PlayStation 4′s December 13th debut

I haven't seen one of these type of articles in a little while. As long as everybody beats out Christmas, it seems okay.

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4650 posts) -

No way ps4 launches that late. They are going in November or possibly October. I'd even suspect the Xbone to release earlier than that

#3 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

Launching on Black Friday? Is that a joke?

#4 Edited by StrainedEyes (1319 posts) -

It'll be nice when they actually announce release dates so "news" blogs stop scouring retail sites to see what estimated release day they have listed.

#5 Posted by jimmyfenix (3806 posts) -

PS4 is fcc passed so i see an early november release or late october.

#6 Posted by bigjeffrey (4706 posts) -

Gamescom announcement for both?

#7 Edited by mrfluke (5046 posts) -

no way ps4 launches later than X1, they have been directly going out of their way to try to trump MS, letting them go first would be real stupid.

#8 Posted by Kidavenger (3485 posts) -

I don't understand why people even go to shitty videogame blogs, let alone reference stories from them.

#9 Edited by CaLe (3897 posts) -

I had somehow convinced myself that PS4 would come out first so this is a little surprising even as a rumor.

#10 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

lol at the crush sales comment. Also these dates sound terrible it should be way earlier. My guess is early November for MS and late October for Sony. Also not that Sony is already done with the certification of the PS4 so they will most likely sell first.

#11 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5124 posts) -

There's no way either will launch during or after black Friday.

#12 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

Gamescom is one month away.

#13 Posted by Rorie (2529 posts) -

No way ps4 launches that late. They are going in November or possibly October. I'd even suspect the Xbone to release earlier than that

Yeah, there's really no way it launches in December. Thanksgiving is really the latest anything major releases in the game space. Exceptions happen, but I really doubt Sony will want to wait that long.

Staff
#14 Edited by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

@darji said:

lol at the crush sales comment. Also these dates sound terrible it should be way earlier. My guess is early November for MS and late October for Sony. Also not that Sony is already done with the certification of the PS4 so they will most likely sell first.

They're both going to sell out, so unless one manages to manufacture significantly more than the other, they're both going to sell relatively equally.

No way either of them launch on or after black Friday, just wouldn't make much business sense.