#1 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1833 posts) -

The Russian Military History Society will be in charge of the video game project, beginning with a title detailing the inception of Russian military aviation during World War I, THR reports.

"A video game has to have not only an entertainment value, but it also has to teach and be conducive to patriotic education," Arseny Mironov, an aid to the Russian Culture Minister, told Izvestiya, a Russian newspaper.

"The RMHS feels the "Russian warrior" has been portrayed wrongly in past games, namely Company of Heroes II. In Relic's RTS title, Russian soldiers are portrayed as "criminals," the RMHS says, and the title also isn't translated into Russian. The culture ministry said that foreign games like this can "discredit the Russian soldier."

The Russian government is exploring options with several local developers to develop the first educational title." http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/10/09/russian-government-to-develop-video-games. The world responds with a resounding "cyka"

#2 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

"A video game has to have not only an entertainment value, but it also has to teach and be conducive to patriotic education," Arseny Mironov, an aid to the Russian Culture Minister, told Izvestiya, a Russian newspaper.

Does this mean that Hotel Mario is going to be banned in Russia for its low levels of patriotism?

#3 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1833 posts) -

Also sorry about everything bunched together can't really fix it on a phone

#4 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

DICE is pretty good at making the Russians look like badasses in the Battlefield games. Sweary, but badass nonetheless.

#5 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1833 posts) -
#6 Posted by AMyggen (3065 posts) -

Ah yes, this seems reasonable.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid:

What are you talking about? The common worker selfishly hoards the wealth for himself and upholds the oppressive monarchy. Я надеюсь, что она завела много спагетти!

#8 Posted by AMyggen (3065 posts) -

Also, they should contact Jeff if they need some voicework done.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/league-of-denial/

Fake edit: I hate that I can't link on this site from my tablet.

#9 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1833 posts) -

@video_game_king: No comrade, you see the wealthy upper classmen throws the lowly workers out of his establishment to keep the economy thriving!!

#10 Posted by afabs515 (1085 posts) -
Glory to Arstotzka

#11 Posted by Hailinel (24837 posts) -

I wonder what they think of the Heavy in Team Fortress 2.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid:

He uses the workers to guard his hotel, and the working class Brothers fight against them. Worker fighting worker....where is the patriotism there, comrade?

I've actually beaten Hotel Mario, by the way.

#13 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1833 posts) -
#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#15 Edited by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

Good on them

#16 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1833 posts) -
#17 Posted by EXTomar (4738 posts) -

Mario Kart is pretty communist considering how much rubber banding happens. Get too far ahead and the system brings you down!

#18 Posted by Hailinel (24837 posts) -

@extomar said:

Mario Kart is pretty communist considering how much rubber banding happens. Get too far ahead and the system brings you down!

Blue Shells were invented by Stalin himself.

#19 Edited by Morningstar (2163 posts) -

Russia will always be Russia I guess :P

#20 Posted by thevisitor451 (13 posts) -

I would totally buy that. Here's hoping for an international release lol

#21 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

Can't wait to see Drew demo this on Unprofessional Fridays in two years.

#22 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Glory to the Motherland!

#23 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1605 posts) -

I grew up playing Crosscountry Canada (Canadian Oregon Trail) in school and I turned out great. If nothing else, it trained me to always wear a seat belt, and that hitchhikers usually don't rob you.

@hailinel said:

@extomar said:

Blue Shells were invented by Stalin himself.

Are thunderbolts the Great Purge in this metaphor?

#24 Edited by crithon (3266 posts) -

reminded of a friend who grew up in the 80s near the end of the cold war, saying how Stalin was basically Santa Claus.